Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Post Your Custom House Designs Here

- - - - - custom designs house post

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Got a customised house? Proud of it? Show it off in this thread!

Posting a great design in this thread, with proof it's your house, might just earn you some forum points as a reward!

Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well here is my old house design which is still one of my fave though. Malas north of the pyramid. Europa Shard.

Posted Image

this is how it looks now

Posted Image

This is my house in Malas near the Nightmare Spawn

Posted Image

And finally this is my house in malas in that secret place right by Luna walls

Posted Image

I am not to good with sticking screenies together, sorry about that :embarasse
Reality? What is that? Where can I download it?

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
That would of been a nice entry to the Tropical House deisgn competition :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The second from top I have entered :)

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I agree.. that top one was just the item for the Tropical contest.. would have made the decision even tougher! Nice houses.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I would have posted my 18x18 dirt plot with wall, but Eowyna would kill me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
nice :)

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

I am not to good with sticking screenies together, sorry about that

No problem at all! I had to self teach myself all I know with screenshots and editing images this is all I do (I am assusming you are a Windows XP user?)

Now hopfully you do not take ANY offense to this but I am not sure how good you are with computers so I am going to explain this step by step but I just want to show you this for future refrences =D (mostly incase someone else doesn't know... you already know of this program or another so just skip this front part)

Finding the MS Paint Program
go to "start"
*menu pops up scroll up too...*
go to "search"
*menu pops up scroll to the side too...*
go to "for files and folders"
*window pops up called "Search Results"*
go to "all files and folders"
*search list shows up with 2 bars and a place to select what hardrive you want to search*
just type in under the "All or part of the file names: MS Paint and hit search.
*it will seach and once it is done..."
it SHOULD be the top one that shows the paint brushes, it is the lanch icon double click that or right click it and hit "open"

Using the program itself
*now window pops up called "untitled - Paint" Go ahead and close the "Search Results" window and go back to the "untitled - Paint"
*Okay now hopfully you know how to screen capture. If not read the blue text bellow if already know then skip it*

Screen Capturing (for anything actually)
Launch UO and then when you find something you want to take a screenshot of, hit "Print Screen / SysRq" button and then lanch the MS Paint program.
go to "Edit"
*menu pops up...*
go to "Paste"
*Your image will paste*
Now hit ANY random tool on the side but I prefer the pencial which is in the Paint menu to the left side, your cursor should show you what it is.

Croping out unwanted stuff from images
Say you do not want that golden border that appears in your screenshot for example for furture users as well.
Go to the very bottom right hand corner with cursor and put is at the very edge of it and a double sides arrow showed show up pointing South East and North West OR Bottom right and Top left. This is to crop out the border you do not want.
Hold down the right button the entire time while your doing the croping and move it to where you want to put it and left go of the right mouse button and it will remove that border.
Note:(I know on some computers you click it once to start cropping and then click where you want it but not always the case)

Going to save this picture now? Read the blue text bellow, if not skip it
Simply go to "File"
*menu pops up...*
go to "Save as..."
*a new menu pops up called "Save as"
Select where you want your picture to save, where it says "Save in"
Then at the bottom where it says "File name:" type in the name you want for it and hit "Save" I recommend desktop just sense you might be doing more to image.

For putting two images togeather and saving it as one big picture
Some people save thier images in another program besides MS Paint, but saving it in other formats can cause alot of loss in image quality especailly if you been saving it as a jpeg. If you kept it saved as a BMP until your completely finished with what you are doing then it will come out good with very little loss in quaility.

Okay all you got to do is save another screenshot the same way you did before except show what was missing from the original image. So you got 2 images that would fit togeather perfectly and you get rid of the border and all, what to do next?

Open the original image you saved in MS Paint again, now image border of course is the same size as your picture (or least it should be) the same way you got rid of the border is the same way you add border. Just widen that out as far as you can and repeat that until you got it big enough for the second image or make it terribly more easier on your self by going
"Image"
*menu shows up*
Go to "attributes..."
*a window pops up that is called "Attributes"
Where it says Width and Height it says whatever the hieght and width of your image is. What I do is, I look at the height and I double that because you need it bigger to paste your second image, your width is already there unless you pasting a larger image to your original then that is diffrent. But just type it in and hit "Okay"
This will add the border you need...
Now go to "File"
*menu shows up*
go to "open"
*a window pops up called "Open"
click wherever you saved your second image (assuming desktop with the example I gave earlier) and select that file and hit "open" and it will paste the image.
The second image you saved is now on top of your original image. Now instead of selecting the pencial or anything on that side menu like I mensioned earlier, don't do that yet...
Pur your cursor on the image and notice that the cursor has changed from arrow to North South East and West pointer or Point right, left, down, and up? That allows you to beable to move the image around to hold down the "right mouse" button again and move it to where you want it and line it up.
Okay you got it to where you want it but you can not get it as lined up as you want it.
Right click the targeted image what should be your second image, click "copy" and then hit "cut" by right clicking it again, This will get rid of it tempoarly.
See the Magnfine glass icon on the left side menu? click that and target the area you want to get closer too. This will zoom you in so you can see the pixels MUCH more defined. Then right click anywhere on the image again and hit "paste" off the menu that pops up. It will look much bigger now but now atleast you can line the colours up with the same colours you see above you. Match and line it up with the original image you saved.

Now you got it all lined up and such, might take awhile getting used too and sometimes is very hard when too zoomed in and not sure what your looking at but now you have 2 images that are now one. Save that like any other picture and if you want to save it as something besides bmp (which I recommend sense bmp is HUGE) then that will have to be in another program. I use Paint Shop Pro 7, but not everyone has that. There is a few programs that will allow you to save it in other formats but I can not think of any that comes natrally with windows, prehaps Windows Image Viewer, but I am not sure.

If not ask someone here at UO:F and get ahold of them to maybe send the image in e-mail and the save it for you and send it back.

Again hopfully I did not offend anyone with me being as detailed as I can think. I know there is some people who might read this and wonder the same thing at times. So sense we was kind of on subject I figure I go ahead and type it all out. I am sure MANY of you know this already and it is just yet another post by me, that is just rambling on non-sense =P haha! I am good at that!

And darn smiles! >_< hopfully they are not taking up text that needs to be read. I have no clue how to disable them from my post hehe. Oh well I think it is easy to read around...

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you very much for all your compliments and of course for the neat step by step on how to on making pretty pieced together screenie. :) I am a programmer, but have absolutely no clue on how to use the most graphic software. So, yes, it was very helpfull :)

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Glad it made sense... that was mostly what I was worried about hehe.

Let me know if there is something that confuses you, I am always willing to help when I can. But really your screenshots were good but I figure I fill you in on how to get rid of the borders and such =D

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
They are very nice houses but what really caught my attention was that you have a house in the secret area. HOW. I have been trying to get in there for ages can you tell me how please, or at least tell if it is possable. You can PM me if it is really secret. :)
Posted Image

Kurgan

Kurgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Talon:
It was done with a young char. Make a char for the one of the quest. I think paladin. work the chars magery till they can cast E-Field. You do the same trick as you would for getting on Keep and Castle roofs. But you cast it inside the cave where the blind man is at just outside Luna. That is once you have gotten to that part of the quest. :)

http://builder.thelostlands.com

House Builder Website in Link above.

Email me those designs victorkrugar@gmail.com

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
I thought there were chests throughout the land that gave you a rune to secret spots if you dropped a blank rune into it. Hmm mebbe thats an old thing.

Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Its actually the Necro Quest that gets you in that cave. I had a friend who owned a house there, so he gated me in to mark a rune. I was no tlucky enough to place there as AoS came out, but bought the plot a few weeks after that. I shall never move out of there. This place is just so nice and has all the ore colors as well. :)

Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I thought there were chests throughout the land that gave you a rune to secret spots if you dropped a blank rune into it. Hmm mebbe thats an old thing.

That was right. It was a bag under a strange white tree. But not for this secret spot. Only for all the others. :grin:

And I don't know if it is on all shards the same. I play Europa. But when your house is situated exactly over that cave like mine is, you cannot recall to your house or mark a rune there, only at the very north corner of that secret valley can you mark rune and recall in because it is not directly over the cave anymore. lol

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Thats friggin cool.

Lazulli

Lazulli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
A house forum, most nifty.

Here is the last one I did, but its gone now! It was only temporary to that we didn't have a boring empty dirt plot in the middle of the town. That's also why it lacks decoration, not that it needs much being a ruin and all. =P

Posted Image

TattooedLioness

TattooedLioness

Wiccan Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Here is my place..I just redecorated And made alil bigger..I dont have pics of how it used to look but here it is..Its on the Chesapeake Shard Near Shakra Brae...

Out Front Of House
Posted Image

First Floor
Posted Image

Second Floor
Posted Image

Third Floor
Posted Image

Roof
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Nice homes, someday I will show off my 18x18 Felucian Dirt plot with wall.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
There are WALLS? :shocked: Must have remodeled since I visited last!

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, designs, house, post