Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[News] New Kingdom Reborn Site Up!

- - - - - kingdom news reborn site

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Posted to uoherald.com:

New Kingdom Reborn Site Up!Jeremy Dalberg21 Mar 2007 17:26:27

The official Kingdom Reborn website, center of all things new and shiny, is now up!

Check out info, screenshots, wallpapers, and concept art at www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
Is it just me or arent they just tryign to make UO look like World of Warcraft? --- interface-wise at least
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Davey

Davey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
shhh

hey, guess what, i am playing wow again

Jamie

Jamie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
i love the look of that, will definetely be playing that when its out for sure.

The bane of your existence!

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Is it just me or arent they just tryign to make UO look like World of Warcraft? --- interface-wise at least

I don't see a problem with that, though...
For one thing, the interface is pretty simple and clean. WoW's interface isn't entirely original thinking, also.
Plus, WoW's dragged a lot of UO subscribers away. I think a lot of people who aren't currently playing will try KR, just to see whether it's an epic screwup, or an improvement. If the game feels familiar for them to play, because it has an interface like WoW (or one of any number of different, relatively modern, games), then they'll be more inclined to stay.

Oh, and in before "If they don't fix XXXX, it won't matter"

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
Looking like wow is no bad thing it just struck me that no one else had seemed to notice *smiley* - I enjoy the wow experience.

Frankly if I want to play a game that is fun and looks good ... you know where I go ...

If I want to play a game with endless role play possibilities and some of the most imaginative and amusing and dedicated and entertaining and friendly role players - I log into UO

nuff said
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
I think they are just trying to improve UO and Wow does have some nice features so it makes sense to use what players like.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Indeed. My wish is that they return to the more classical Ultima Online story. A new client and better technical improvements will not save the game in the long term. If EA/Origin can once again prove themselves as the makers of a quality role-playing game, I believe it will still stand a chance. There is a lot of potential in the Ultima Online and the Ultima universe. If not, I fear this game will continue to be the game of nostalgics, such as ourselves.

Posted Image

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
I hate the way KR Looks :(

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
I think that's the idea, Edmund, with the gargoyles and Stygian Abyss add on. Sounds good to me at any rate.

Posted Image

Wedge

Wedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Tbh the terrain on that looks awful.. Even the original uo one is better the plates and items just look furry.

Character portrait looks nice but the models still look chunky and that interface is a WoW rip off

Why does UO struggle to recognise actual changes people want rather than butchering the graphics..... More detailed models good but not fat blobs with furry furniture

Sally Buttons

Sally Buttons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
Wouldn't it be great if EA hired artists who can actually DRAW? :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Devlin

Devlin

Mucho loco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

I would say the new screenshots are certainly not up to the standard of the first few, which had me excited.

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
I think it looks nice actually - but I don't like the new inventory. Let us keep our backpacks!

Posted Image

Guest_Raul_*

Guest_Raul_*
  • Guests
Its huuuuge improvement on the tired old client you have now. While not cutting edge, its at least brought UO into late 90's graphically :).

Now go get your LoTR copies and ill meet you all in Middle Earth!

Guest_Ariss_*

Guest_Ariss_*
  • Guests
I really like the new artwork. And they said at some point that the backpacks were just a trial thing and not finished yet, so we'll most likely keep the backpacks as we have them.

Paladis

Paladis

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
In truth if they also nick the way WoW includes its lore in most of the things (quests etc) they have ingame it would be something worth nicking to enhance the game.

Gotta be honest though and think this will be the make or break of the UO series for EA.They've obviously tried thier best to take the best they can from other games whilst keeping as much as possible of the old game to keep current players happy. Should it all fail and they dont get alot of long term subscribers wouldn't be suprised if EA gradualy faded UO out.

Best get someone who knows thier shit to start haxing the game so they can take over.

Born to be Grumpy so get used to it
General Paladis
Army of Kaldor

Sally Buttons

Sally Buttons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Best get someone who knows thier shit to start haxing the game so they can take over.

Did someone call?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veggy

Veggy

Human Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Why do people try to compare UO to other games.....its nothing like them....if people only want to complain about the game....then why the feck did they ever play it in the first place or still play it now?
Posted Image

The Tyevers, [A^K]
Vavanai Lanore, [L~U]

Paladis

Paladis

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Many still stick there nose in UO because in thier experience no other game can offer the RP possibilities.

Thats not to say ye cant RP in other games it's just alot harder to do when ye used to UORP...just takes alot more imagination.

Born to be Grumpy so get used to it
General Paladis
Army of Kaldor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kingdom, news, reborn, site