Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOKR ...*spoilers,leaked info on new race etc.*

- - - - - info leaked race spoilers uokr

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

The voice of common sense.

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
I love you. :D

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

qasim

qasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

*you try to lie down but come across a prostitute*
*you cannot hide here*

:cecil:

Posted Image
"..the first lesson: that we must be
powerful, beautiful and without regret.."
- Armand

Droeden

Droeden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
okay so according to this article when KR comes out its gonna be a free upgrade, but you think they'd really do that?

http://pc.gamezone.c..._07_09_37AM.htm

Guest_Raul_*

Guest_Raul_*
  • Guests
It all looks wonderful and i cannot wait for it to launch. But one thing does worry me, every avatar ive seen in these screenies is exactly the same! Lets hope our toons can still keep their unique looks and not end up clones!

Wilfred Owen

Wilfred Owen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
If the Dwarves from the Stygian Abyss heard you calling them Dwarves they'd have ya! They call themselves Mountain Folk!
Posted Image

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
As long as they dont do what they did with Elves. Currently in UO there are no negative points to playing an Elf Character. If you wander around the lands you will see that a lot of tamers are Elves ( because of the elvish dogs ) and the same goes for mages. Even a lot of the items are only useable by elves, but you dont get items only useable by humans.

They need to readdress this imbalance especially as they bring in more races.

There should be distinct disadvantages associated with every race to offset their positive racial traits.

But i am looking forward to the new UO inout heading our way.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
But people, however would EA squeeze out every penny they can if not by forcing people to buy their expansions to access the best items, new lands and new graphics?

Silly people. They'll probably charge ?40 for this one :D

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Floria

Floria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

As long as they dont do what they did with Elves. Currently in UO there are no negative points to playing an Elf Character. If you wander around the lands you will see that a lot of tamers are Elves ( because of the elvish dogs ) and the same goes for mages. Even a lot of the items are only useable by elves, but you dont get items only useable by humans.

They need to readdress this imbalance especially as they bring in more races.

100% agreed. Unfortunately when it comes to balancing anything in this game OSI sucks :(

Posted Image

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
We will just have to keep our fingers crossed.
Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Araidius

Araidius

Vescere Bracis Meis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Wowah... long time no post..

umm, was watching one of those Town Hall meetings on youTube... and sorry to say guys but DarkScribe said 'There will be no Dwarves in UO'. He also confirmed that Kingdom Reborn will be free, and that when 95% of the players are using the client, they will being thinking about phasing out 2D.

Falcon

Falcon

Knight Templar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

He also confirmed that Kingdom Reborn will be free, and that when 95% of the players are using the client, they will being thinking about phasing out 2D.

Hopefully thats not just around the bend...

Lil'alure

Lil'alure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Personally, I prefer the old 2D to the new stuff. The new graphics are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than the 3D we've got now. And you never know, perhaps UO will get more players?=)
Posted Image

Araidius

Araidius

Vescere Bracis Meis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
There was something also mentioned about a 'new player experience' being improved with UOKR, as well as greater benefits and rewards for existing players who introduce new players... Darkscribe did say that the growth of the UO population is in the hands of the existing players...

Dont remember anything being said about Gargoyles being the new race either... but clearly remember him saying 'there will be no dwarves in UO'.... was even a slide of a dwarf and a bit X over it.

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
I think the growth of UO would be helped the most by them actually marketting UO properly in the UK and Europe !
Something they havent achieved in many years. I dont recall seeing any expansions in the shops since Renaissence.
Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Veggy

Veggy

Human Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
tbh cause they will probably be using a new engine youll find it runs just as easy as the old 2D version does.
Unless you have one of those crappy Gamestop shops in your town you probably wont have seen any of the expansions in your shop. Though I do remember seeing Samurai Empire in my local game and gamestation :o
Posted Image

The Tyevers, [A^K]
Vavanai Lanore, [L~U]

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
We will just have to keep our fingers crossed. Having it on the shelves of the shops would help circulate the game more and attract more players.
Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Cerys Slowtree

Cerys Slowtree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Re the new client being free: I think that the way that the patches for ML were distributed proved very successful, and the new client could well be distributed in the same way, with extra content that won't be accessible until your account is upgraded.
[SIGPIC]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8065/cerysbanner5ng.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Guest_Griinshar_*

Guest_Griinshar_*
  • Guests
Here's the actual video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsXhcWoSe1I

If you just want to skip to the chase go to about two minutes in where he clearly says something along these lines:

Now we all know there's been a little leak from our japanese friends..

Now.. This may come as a big suprise to you all..

*WoW Dwarf comes on screen*

Everyone loves dwarves right?

*Crowd Applauds*

Well..

A bid red cross comes out and covers the dwarf

Crowd sigh and gasp and cheer and clap and cry and scream, Everything

And then.. In big white writing: "DWARVES WILL NOT BE IN UO:KR"

Araidius

Araidius

Vescere Bracis Meis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

And then.. In big white writing: "DWARVES WILL NOT BE IN UO:KR"

It says "Dwarves will not be in UO"... not UO:KR.... UO.

Sorry, but bit of a difference there.

Fargo

Fargo

UO Youtube Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Gosh... Lots of really interesting things from the Atlanta Town Hall Meet! Thankyou to whoever took the time to record that. I was particularly impressed with the promise of the sitting ability, also larger cows will be great.
But seriously, though the video quality is rather poor, I think that the images looked marvelous and I for one cannot wait for Kingdom Reborn! Hurrah!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: info, leaked, race, spoilers, uokr