Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Coming back!

- - - - - back coming

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Hello!

Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but to those few that might do: Well met again!

It has been almost three years since I last had an active sub to UO and as time has passed, I've tried many alternatives yet none of them have ever captured my attention as this game has. I am glad to see that the roleplaying community on Europa is still alive and kicking and hope that I will be once again able to take part in it's comings and goings.

First things first. Obviously my house is long gone now and I haven't yet been able to check if even my characters are still there, but assuming they are, how hard it is to find a spot for a small, humble house these days? Is it still nigh-impossible or could I expect to be able to hunt one down in a reasonable amount of time? Also, what kind of amount of gold are we talking about if I hope to buy one that has already been placed?

Well that's for now. I look forward to meeting you all IC!

Regards,

- Stormcrow

Fargo

Fargo

UO Youtube Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Not been playing long enough to remember you from your last incarnation... but I would like to say welcome back anyway! It is wonderfull to encounter returning players. Good luck in your search for a new home.

Irvyn

Irvyn

Dux femina facti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts
I remember you, assuming you're the Stormcrow who was associated with Spiritwood University :) Welcome back. It's fairly easy to find housing spots but it depends what you want and where you're looking.

Posted Image

Information

Dukes don't cheat, they adapt to circumstances.
(Slightly amended quote from "The Slipper and the Rose")

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Agrees with Irvyn, housing spots are pretty easy to find even on Trammel nowadays as long as your not looking for anything too big. And also where you want it.
I know of at least 3-4 in Trammel , so if you have any problems send me an icq.

And of course welcome back to UO Europa.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Guest_Raul_*

Guest_Raul_*
  • Guests

Europa is still alive and kicking

Yup the message boards here are still very active, but dont be lulled into thinking UO is the same. :)

But 3 years out of UO? Oh boy your in for a shock!

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Raul your always so negative my friend..... lol

Theres loads of RP but unfortunatly i see the community as still being fragmented much like the days of ERPA and CoY. I can agree its not as it was, much within Uo and the RP community has changed. Now groups ( Guilds ) RP within certain circles ( as they have always done in truth though ), some try to breach these circles with some success. Theres no real big campaigns like say the Unholy Alliance one but theres still plenty of RP to be had. Theres still the odd war breaking out between the usual forces with Kaldor changing sides often :P

If there wasnt any RP to be had why do Rpers stay in UO ?
In answer i can only say there must be RP.

Ref the boards you mentioned ......they are a lot more inactive than they were when you and me were in UO together even you must have noticed that. I am not sure whether its a reflection of the activity of the Rp community or not.

The thing with UO is its just a game like many others out there.Its about having fun like any computer game not a way of life. I nearly left UO, not because of the lack of Rp but because of one vindictive's player determination to drive me and another out of RP.
But my GM and friends talked sense into me luckily :D And now the fun is back. So ithats why i stay which brings us back to the having fun bit. !!!!!

In summary if you find UO enjoyable then you will stay and if you dont then you will leave. Its a personal thing :). But to say the RP on Europa is all Doom & Gloom Raul is inaccurate and is just your view.

If i could change anything it would be to bring Kaelith back into UO actively. Its the players that make UO into the fun place it can be. I would loved to have worked with him more fully in developing some of his ideas.
Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Guest_Raul_*

Guest_Raul_*
  • Guests
I never said that RP is dead Dec, its alive a well mate in small pockets here and there. But this guy left at the peak of UO around the time of Evil Zen and his Judges, when our old guild was 100+ (no alts) members. When battles used too lag servers and were frequent things! He returns now to UO!! Jeez even you must admit he will be shocked.

Remember you guys really do tend to see UO, through heavily UO tinted glasses. It does take people like me too point things out like this and warn people before they spend hard earned cash.

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
i agree with you Raul

UO is Definately not the same as it used to be. Most of all the Game Play itself has changed incredibly in the past three years. Things are tougher i think and ah well... when you start again you'll see the changes for yourself.

A lot of people that went away and return in game i have noticed they sorta expect everything and everyone to be the same from the moment they left. Nopes ! don't assume that. Those who stayed behind moved on while you were away.

Gonna be fun to hear some old stories if you have any !

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Irwyn yes I was for a moment a scholar in the university. Some might even remember the first incarnation of the Iron Gloves Mercenary Company I founded in the year 2001 I believe.

And Raul, I can imagine RP isn't as big and glorious it was in the days back. I couldn't expect it to be. However, I'm just out to have a good time RPing. With or without massive shard-spanning plots.

Oh one more question. I'm still using the Lord Blackthorn's Revenge client which patched for a few hours. What will I be missing from the newer installations?

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
Samurai things, the ability to make your own houses, Elves from Mondain Legacy...

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
You mean customizing houses? Which expansion did that came with, since I definitely had that ability back then...

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
AoS which is four years ago now! (Scary huh?)

It's nice to see someone return, though, especially since a lot of people are putting UO on the back burner while they play that other game's new expansion. *grumble*

Posted Image

Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
My account info says I have registered Age of Shadows, but do I need to reinstall the client from the AoS disk (god I hope I still got it somewhere if I do)?

Droeden

Droeden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
A hint of distaste about some other game there cal? :D

Snubson

Snubson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
You can play uo from whichever installation you've got. Some things, such as the elves, elvytown, samurai lands etc wont be available to you, unless you expand to the more upto date expansions (cant remember the latest, never bought it, nothing to me that was worthy of spending cash on soo) but you'll still be able to play as long as the patches are upto date.

RP is still around, just not as widespread, as several have already said. But, hopefully yer'll find something to enjoy there.

And cal, stop yer bloody whining. ;)

Aryala

Aryala

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I think you can download the whole client somewhere from the UO website...

Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Finding a spot for a small house was easy. Found a nice place not so far from Trinsic. Now I just need to get the place customized when I got more time. Anyone here doing house customizing for a price? I really suck at it... Give me a PM if you're interested.

Lann'Al

Lann'Al

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Awww.. if it isnt old captain stormcrow

back to hold some marching drills are we?

Nice to see you return!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

I never said that RP is dead Dec, its alive a well mate in small pockets here and there. But this guy left at the peak of UO around the time of Evil Zen and his Judges, when our old guild was 100+ (no alts) members. When battles used too lag servers and were frequent things! He returns now to UO!! Jeez even you must admit he will be shocked.

Aye Raul at its height when we were Paladins KT had 115 players on the stone as you said no alts, just all players. Very hectic days running the Turcopolier hee hee
Posted Image

Honor is our salvation.

Ditriteous/Locke

Ditriteous/Locke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Grd had more players than you all combined brigands!! now stop bragging

Posted Image

The views and opinions of this user are in no way affiliated with his respective guilds, in conclusion F**K OFF!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, coming