Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New features of the expansion.

- - - - - expansion features

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
:new_rofl:

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

ooo, what's a fuzzy?

I have discovered the long lost race of the fuzzy!

Posted Image

Evil Ninja Troll

Evil Ninja Troll

I paint Cats.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
:laugh:

And to think, all this time I thought a fuzzy was...

Posted Image
Evil will always conquer over good, because good is dumb.

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
:new_rofl:
man they both gave me a good laugh!!

But isn't Adri's photo just the larval stage of Evil Ninja Trolls?:grin:

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Rofl

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
:)...rofl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Lol!

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Here's hoping that the new race is Dwarvers. Imagine: a new dwarf character (accessible only through a quest) is automatically given +50 mining and +50 tinkering and +50 smithy, is already granted 120 skill caps on any crafting skill.

That'd rock.

Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
[quote name='Som']except that the original Ultima playable races are:
Human
Elf
Dwarf
Bobit
Fuzzy

So Dwarf is in the original Ultima lore[

Starting with the Ultima Games U5 onwards Humans were the only playable race. :laugh:

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Official Link

December 22, 2006

"I thought you said we were going to get all the info on UOKR before the end of the year? So, where’s all the info?"
That indeed was the original plan, and I’m sorry for the delay. We’ve had to hold back in order to satisfy the needs of print magazines (which have three month lead times) and for the big swanky press event that will be in January. And oh yeah, the January UO Town Hall meeting where we’ll be showing the new client in public for the first time.

"Are we going to have to move shards? What about my house and all my stuff?"
Nope. It is an "in-place upgrade", drawn tile for tile to replace the current art. When you log into Ultima Online using the Kingdom Reborn client, you’ll see your house in all its higher resolution glory.

That being said, it could be you’ll need to make some adjustments to your house to make it look just right.

"Will there be a macro bar or hot key bar? Will we be able to drag and drop a spell or potion into the one slot and press one key to activate it?"
Yes, we are creating a hot bar that will simplify using spells and items. Our goal is to make everything much, much simpler for players both new and elder.

"Will there be new music?"
Yes. We have several new songs, but we’ll also be keeping many of the old favorites as well. We’ll release at least one of those in January.

Happy holidays, everyone! We're officially on vacation until the second (except for the poor GMs, of course) so there will be no Five on Friday next week. Have a good week, be safe, and don't do anything I'm not allowed to do ;)

- Jeremy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
I vote for the Fuzzys! Bring em on!

Posted Image
Posted Image

mennel

mennel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the things i would really like to see in the new release are new combat animations and effects. those what are in the current client are so stiff and unreal, the spell and skill effects also needs to be replaced. just imagin how nice looking would be a two warriors fight, one dexer, one lumberjacker for example: the first one draws a dagger (drawing weapons would be nice too) and gets into his opponent just swinging his dagger left, right, left, and a straight hit then, with a little glow on the moving weapon, even while walking, running (i hate this view while two are running on each other and they doesnt seem to hit each oher just some fighting sounds are heared) and then the dexxor uses poison. a green weapon glow appears and the lumberjacker screams of pain when a green liquid splits out of his neck or something :P now look at the lumberjacker he runs away a bit and uses bandages. i wish we could SEE that he uses it. now he draws his axe and charges forward. while running beside his opponent to hit once he swings his heavy axe from right to left and then he returns to hit again. his axe should be still at his left side till he swings again to the right and again, and again. damn i would like to see the game just like i have just described it. thing im saying is just bout this stiff animations. i would like the game happen smooth and good looking. and what are your opinions about it? ^^

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Can I just ask............What PC are you running, cos I want one that powerful please, its my Birthday soon. Also Whats your internet connection 5Gb/s??????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mennel

mennel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well there is nothing connected with internet connection and what i am saying couse its just our pcs task. all the ingame animation is generated by your own machine not the server. servers only gives your client impulses to react just as you see on your uo window. you only have to posess a descent video card with hardware accel, and some ram like 512mb to generate 2d graphics with some special effects like ones im talking bout in my previous post.
but if u ask so im using an old celeron 2.4mhz, 1gb ram and a low end vid card radeon 9600pro.
but for your information im just posting what i would like to see in the new release which it surely wont. just please dont criticize me ;p

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

well there is nothing connected with internet connection and what i am saying couse its just our pcs task. all the ingame animation is generated by your own machine not the server. servers only gives your client impulses to react just as you see on your uo window. you only have to posess a descent video card with hardware accel, and some ram like 512mb to generate 2d graphics with some special effects like ones im talking bout in my previous post.
but if u ask so im using an old celeron 2.4mhz, 1gb ram and a low end vid card radeon 9600pro.
but for your information im just posting what i would like to see in the new release which it surely wont. just please dont criticize me ;p

well ive mentioned on stratics of similar features Id like added into the game. Also take notice of the clues the devs are giving us. They have given us tiny hints such as there is most likely going to be a new combat system more interactive rather than hit and run based spell casting/melee. and as for the new engine theyre using, expect to see a lot more art surprises:grin:

mennel

mennel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
we just need to wait till the uo hall meeting which's happening 27th this month as far as i remember

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: expansion, features