Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New features of the expansion.

- - - - - expansion features

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In here will be tidbits of information on what's featured in the upcoming expansion.

• New graphics engine
  • 3D-accelerated special effects
  • 9,000 pieces of art being redrawn
  • A new playable race

Other features will add to or enhance many of the key features of Ultima Online, namely:

• Epic battles versus powerful monsters
  • Deep dangerous dungeons
  • Player-versus-player combat
  • Creative housing design
  • Crafting
  • and much more!

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Sounds good, cant wait to see some of the press releases.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
"Epic battles versus powerful monsters"

Oh my, looks like they've created a plan to have everyone join forces to kill Maddux...

or attempt to.

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Any idea what the new race will be?

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I would just venture to guess they will add in Orcs as a race????? I just dont want to see another "so and so armor only" debacle...Make stuff wearable by all

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I was just wondering if they had announced it yet and I missed it.

I agree with the statement about the armour but I would like to see Dwarfs in game :)

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Hopefully they give us vets something cool, another token or something?
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Venner Blackhand

Venner Blackhand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I can almost garauntee that orcs are not the new playable race. With publish 42, EA just gave us some playable races through the back door. Polymorph lost its timer. You can polymorph into an Orc and play an orc to your hearts content for months on end (assuming you don't die). Same goes for daemons, ettins, etc.

I would assume they go with a animal/human mix race (like most new MMORPGs are).

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I polymorphed into a chicken and started eq'ing, but after a certain amount of time, I changed back to an Elf. SO you definitely cant role play a chicken for a long time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I was thinking that the race would be orc, but on second thought, that might not be very feasible, if you consider a few factors:

-I am going to give the developers some credit by assuming they realize it doesn't make much sense to have orcs mingling with their natural enemy, the human (or elf, for that matter) and therefore these orcs would not be capable of going to human/elf towns, which means...
-Orcs obviously must mingle with orcs, which creates a sort of faction system similar to WoW(this doesn't have to involve PvP, but can, which means it can work in both Trammel and Felucca). I honestly can't imagine the developers going in this sort of direction though.

So now my new guess is gargoyle, because not only does it appear to be a highly requested race, but there is already a gargoyle city, and gargoyles (except for the rogue ones in the wild) are friendly with humans/elves.

On another note, there is no way the new race could be dwarves, or anything outside of Ultima Lore (by this I mean, races that don't already exist in game). It has been stated that the devs are going to be putting more "Ultima" in UO, so I highly doubt it will be anything that doesn't already exist.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
That makes sense Deraj.

Wonder how they'll do that though, I just can't see a gargoyle riding on the back of anything. Have the option to "fly" (move at mounted speed) when double-clicked?

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Have the option to "fly" (move at mounted speed) when double-clicked?

That's a neat idea. Well, you must also consider that in UO lore, there are winged gargoyles and wingless gargoyles. Suprisingly, there are no wingless gargoyles in the game; perhaps this would be a good opportunity to introduce them. They'd be rather simple on the graphics side I assume, since you could basically color a human model red and be done with it (at minimum). And bear in mind, I am speak from the perspective of accomplishing this in the 2D client; the 3D client would be no problem since it's already been stated that they've redrawn lots of art.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

On another note, there is no way the new race could be dwarves, or anything outside of Ultima Lore (by this I mean, races that don't already exist in game). It has been stated that the devs are going to be putting more "Ultima" in UO, so I highly doubt it will be anything that doesn't already exist.

except that the original Ultima playable races are:
Human
Elf
Dwarf
Bobit
Fuzzy

So Dwarf is in the original Ultima lore

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Might be gargoyles, that'd be cool.
They seem to have a history in UO, especially during the LBR stuff.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
or a new race could possibly be "Avatar" Which would be very interesting from a role play stand point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

except that the original Ultima playable races are:
Human
Elf
Dwarf
Bobit
Fuzzy

*Wonders what it would be like to rp a "fuzzy"* :shocked:

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
ooo, what's a fuzzy?

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Sounds like a drink, but I have been leaning towards Mojito's lately.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Not much is known about the Fuzzy race. all we know is that they were highly intelligent, very dexterous, possessed almost no physical strength, and were considered to be the greatest magic users in all of Sosaria. They also had kleptomaniac tendencies.

No artwork was done of them by Origin so we have know idea of what they looked like. They remain to this day a mystery

(a Bobbit is a Hobbit just renamed to keep the ghost of Tolkien from returning with lawyers)
  • Eowyna Rohanna likes this

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
If I were to pick between a Bobbit, Dwarf, or Fuzzy, I'd go with the Fuzzy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: expansion, features