Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Official Screenshots & Desktop Backgrounds

- - - - - backgrounds desktop official screenshots

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I really like the flowers & rugs. This looks nothing like any 3d game i've ever tried before so it looks fun.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I really like what I am seeing so far can't wait for the release :)

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
You know you want to.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiP
*walks in the middle of the conversation and hears Maddux say...*

"...wetting the bed."

"Dammit Maddux, you promised you wouldn't tell!!"

*notices everyone looking at him weird.*

Just go ahead and kill everyone.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

ZaSheR

ZaSheR

[AAH] Cashier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I wonder if EA is going to advertise this as much as WoW is being advertised on TV, in stores...or if it's just going to be another upgrade with 1 or 2 copies per store.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I would highly doubt it. Unless they've changed marketing guys, they said they don't believe there is enough ROI in. I'm sure there is a big difference in the marketing dollars of WOW with, what 5 mill subs vs UO with approx 125-150k subs.

Guess we'll see.

Hmm that might be the covered chair in the 9th anny gifts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

*walks in the middle of the conversation and hears Maddux say...*

"...wetting the bed."

"Dammit Maddux, you promised you wouldn't tell!!"

*notices everyone looking at him weird.*

Heh dodnt worry your secret is not safe with me :P

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

Guest_scradam_*

Guest_scradam_*
  • Guests
I've been looking for more UOKR screenshots on the web. I've only found a few. What I really want to see is the user interface. Sure, I'd like a graphics update too, but I'd like to see what's being done with the back packs & containers. The backpacks & containers could stand to be a bit more manageable IMHO. Anyway, has anyone else seen these? Anyone know where I could find more? (Edit: Ooops.. sorry for not reading closer. I guess you have seen this before.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Waitaminute....

Screenshot 10.....

I see grapevines!!! And watermelons on vines!!!! GREAT NEW DECO!!!!

I wonder if we'll be allowed to make our own wine from those grapevines...I had a friend tell me you can do that on some of the free shards.

Kylana

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Written by Rebecca "Tovin" Simpson - Jan. 28, 2007

Before (now)

NewKRScene

Posted ImagePosted Image

While KR will make the UO we all know and love come to life in a new way, the client upgrade is both free and completely voluntary, for now. All new expansions, including the summer release UO: Stygian Abyss, will require the KR client to be used. Once enough people have downloaded KR phasing out the Legacy client will commence.

System requirements are being projected at this time as anything bought within the last 5 to 6 years. The goal is not to cause any major disruptions or upgrades to the current playerbase, while still being able to continually grow the world and expand the graphics offered.

New Cyclops Artwork

Posted Image

The first thing I noticed about the areas we were shown with KR were the earth elementals. Instead of mudmen wandering aimlessly around the Dungeon Despise they were full blown rock creatures!!

The orc models were the most stunning of them all. Instead of the tired orc graphics from 9 years ago that of us are familiar with, they were mean looking suckers, completely different, and truly exciting to see!

There are crisper colors, the particle effects are amazing, and though the map will remain more then 99% true to what Legacy currently shows, that small area changed should have no affect on gameplay. The water, textures, and mob design has all been upgraded using the original design documents. This allows the current team to remain as true to the UO world as was the original intent without the technology that is available today.

Posted Image

Kingdom Reborn also adds new a new interface with a more modern design both to streamline current player interaction, and to assist new players with an easier learning curve. This upgrade is not considered an update by the team. It's simply a chance to be true, graphically, to the way the world should look. Plus it will help to move things forward as UO continues to grow and change in an industry where they've not only lasted 10 years, but they continue to set the bar for community interaction and player controlled content.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Think this is a new background image I picked up today

Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
*right-clicks, set as desktop background* :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Guards! A rouge thief! :P

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Wow... I don't know if it was just me, but a quick glance at that, and I almost thought it was "The Symbol" (Prince).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
i changed mine to more of a blue color to fit in with my themed desktop, figured Petra might like it more purplish :P

Posted Image

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Nice Nevaeh!
Posted Image

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
I LOVE the PURPLE!!!!!! :grin:

That's going on my home computer!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Wow... I don't know if it was just me, but a quick glance at that, and I almost thought it was "The Symbol" (Prince).

my wife just saw the picture of it and said the exact same thing :-/

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
It's just missing a few tweaks, and that could be it.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
omg lol

Now if the symbol was draped with diamonds and pearls then that would have been a dead give away!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Flower

Flower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
The polar bear rug is hideous looking. It just looks like every thing is not as detailed, and the colors don’t look crisper to me they look more muted. Guess we will just have to wait and see.:X

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backgrounds, desktop, official, screenshots