Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming and Lore

- - - - - lore taming

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yah the Cu's are pretty awesome, they will eat ya up in a heartbeat. The thing is you gotta get em trained before taking them out into something hardcore tho. I tried taking them to where I trained all my animals, and didnt hold up soo well. I am going to probably do what my buddy did, one of these days. Put him on the other side of a gate in my house and de-buff him for a while and gain his resist. That is the HARDEST skill to gain on an animal. It will also help my tamer too, as I took off his magery and eval to make the chiv/mage, and hes only in the 70s or so, and needs to build his magery big time to be effective again.

The key to taming those Cu's when they first came out was to take your necro, summon a wolf and tame it with no problems. That is what I did, and then transferred them to all the tamers in the guild. I must have tamed 15 this way. I know it was one of those ooops things they put into the game, but you gotta take advantage of those things while you can!!

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
So you have to train your animals now? When I left in 01 all you did was feed em, how do you train them these days?
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Oh, by working their skills up, they are just like us, and have skillsets. You dont want to go out and try killing, say a peerless with a newly bonded untrained pet. They will get stomped, so I would say go atleast work their tactics, wrestling, magery, eval. The easier ones. I did most of my training on Dragons, Liches, WWs.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
That's really odd.

I guess when I get to that point then I will take em to the fire temple or something?

Can you rez pets now? if so, do you need 100 vet/lore?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah, you can rez bonded pets, which is motivation to train them up, so they become stronger as you use them. you can rez at 80 or 85 vet, not sure cant remember exactly, but at a higher vet/lore you will fail less frequently. at 120 in both, you rez 100% of the time, and have 100% control of the animals, which means you will not have to feed them much if at all

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Ahhh sweet.

So would it be better for me to go 120 vet/lore or 120 taming/lore?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I would go all 3 120, if anything for the stable slots. I think you get a total of like 15 slots. But you can essentially go like 105 taming, as some animals have a higher than 100 tame req. I just went 120 to finish out the trifecta. and what else am i gonna do with the skillpoints. its a pvm mage/tamer, so i only needed 6 skills, the 3 mage and 3 tame skills..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Yah I was thinking

120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
110 magery
110 med
110 eval
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
that was my setup, but had 115 magery and eval cause he was also my only blue mage, so I wanted to be able to rely on magery when I couldnt use pets, like at paroxy, or when I wanted to not fizzle on EVs and rezzes

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
OK, I will go with that as well then.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this thread.

So, what gives the best loot for tamers, I mean other than peerless, CS, Harrower.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I made a ton of money killing fan dancers, hiryus, Onis. This was because SE came out when I was working on my tamer, and made millions out there... You can make really good gold killing WWs and Dragons too, 1k apiece, they go down rather quick, you get gems and decent items(not great, but decent)

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I went with my friend to fight Oni's once and his dog was dropping em with ease. They hit me once and I died, LOL.

How is their loot?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
when they first came out, they were droppin 3k apiece and really good items. but they hit you hard, animals can take em out pretty easily tho. now they are down to like 1500gp i think now...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lore, taming