Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming and Lore

- - - - - lore taming

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
How long does it take to hit 100 in these skills from 30?

I have NEVER ever made a tamer, but I have always wanted to. Can anyone give me any tips on these 2 skills?

Faraus

Faraus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I did raise both of these on ice island. Take weeks to gm that crap. I did it on 2 accounts and I will never do that again. plainly boring. around 92 taming I prefer get it up trough normal gameplay.

And about animal lore, don't worry about it.. using veterinary you gonna GM it way faster than taming... If you really wish to power raise it, use it on every animal you see from time to time

Dunno if that help.. I'm kinda new on this forum.. I sure hope so!:P

Save Water!! Drink BeEr!!!

:occasion14: :succubus1: :new_asthanos:

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
The best solution for tamer is to use an adv char token. It is the suckiest template to build from scratch. That and T-hunter are the worst to build from scratch. If you have the room, make a char with 50s in both and xfer them over to your tamer, then delete after 7 days, and make another with 50 in the 3rd taming skill, and repeat. Thats the best advice I can give, as I never started from scratch. Well, I did, but deleted it really quick and got the token instead..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
That does help. I happen to live on Ice Island, so that is convienant. How many weeks did it take to GM like 5? and how many hours a day were you doing it?

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

The best solution for tamer is to use an adv char token. It is the suckiest template to build from scratch. That and T-hunter are the worst to build from scratch. If you have the room, make a char with 50s in both and xfer them over to your tamer, then delete after 7 days, and make another with 50 in the 3rd taming skill, and repeat. Thats the best advice I can give, as I never started from scratch. Well, I did, but deleted it really quick and got the token instead..

I actually have an advance character token I got from buying UO 8th age. You would reccomend I do that then, huh?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
absolutely, if there is ANY template to use this on, a tamer is the route to go. Make sure you create the char with med or eval at 50 first, I cant remember which skill they leave out, but it is the only way that token is worth it. Every other template out there is easy enough to build on its own, except like I said, the t-hunter. But that to me is not a fun template and quite boring and not worth the time in my opinion..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I am thinking of creating a character with the tamer token and then soulstoning taming, lore, and vet, and then stoning scribe on another character and then dumping taming, vet, and lore onto the mage and saving scribe for another character and then deleting the taming token character, make sense? will that work?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
if you have the room to do it, it sounds like a good idea. You dont have to keep the character you used the token on, its the skills you dont want to lose..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I am going to buy soulstone fragments on eBay, they have like 7 for $8

How long do you think it will take to hit 100 from 85?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Go to the Jhelom farm, and just tame bulls over and over and over....

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Bulls all the way to 100?
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I used bulls all the way to 120. Although I didnt work very hard on it after 110. After 110, I just did my GGS and eventually got there, same with lore and vet. After 110, just GGS. But they are all 120 now and I NEVER EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH TAMING BUILDING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Yah, that's my goal. I heard tamers can make some SERIOUS loot.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I made alot of money on it, but now I make all my money on my swds/pali. I only use the tamer to rez peoples swampys in the guild now. Kinda a waste, since I dont pvm anymore much anymore. He's always there if I need him tho. As soon as they nerf every other template in the game, it seems tamers always survive throughout the nerfs over the last few yrs. The proficiencies would have made tamers on top once again! It wouldnt have affected them at all.......

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I like to PVM a lot, before I quit all I did was PVP. I have enjoyed many of the new monsters and look forward to taking a few WW's to places like DOOM and to champ spawns.
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

I like to PVM a lot, before I quit all I did was PVP. I have enjoyed many of the new monsters and look forward to taking a few WW's to places like DOOM and to champ spawns.

Don't look forward to taking 'a few' anymore. Don't forget about the control slots. You could take a mare and a WW tho. The big ugly rune beetles are popular too now tho.

From 85 taming, you can go to Delucia and tame bulls and great harts. I got to about 112 doing that. Now I just gain as I play instead of grinding for the skill.

As far as lore goes, you can get polar bears and have them fight, and vet them constantly. You'll gain vet and lore quicker that way. Or, wait.... does that still work? I did that using the 8x8 boat method.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I heard those dogs are pretty hardcore also, Cu Sidthe? or something like that?
Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Yeah, Cu Sidhe were alot of fun to use...not so much fun to tame if youre alone, hehehe.

If yuo plan on Taming them, make sure you make the char an elf as humans can only own them and can only ride with special boots.

I went crazy when I was working Taming. Lore and Vet go like "normal" skills and will probably hit GM long before your Taming does. I think I ended up giving up and jeweling everything up so I could use her. Still did my GGSs most days...

If memory serves I started at 50, worked it for nearly an hour a day for the most part and after about 3 weeks I was around the upper 80s when I found a nice ring/bracelet combo to top me up to 110 and round out my LRC suit for her. I think it even had some LMC and a few resists too...found them both on a vendor for 10k.

If I were going to do it again, I would absolutely go for the Adv Char Token route. I have the utmost respect for anyone who GMd Taming from scratch.

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I use my two foxes Bake Kitsunde or haha something like that =P They sometimes like to fight each other so I loose Karma but easily gained back if needed hehe. Well actually it is my fault clicking on one of thier paws or something when I meant to target to creature

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Can only have one WW now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lore, taming