Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A Request!

- - - - - request

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Someone has decided to be smart and place this building on the very edge of the elven quarter. It's obviously offensive both IC and OOC to the members and Gm of E-V. Can whoever owns this building please have the decency to change it and lose the burning elf theme. Or if anyone has any idea of who owns this please contact me via PM or ICQ so I can ask them personally to remove it.

Posted Image

I do hope it's not a role-player but I have my doubts. It's neither funny nor mature and is actually fairly insulting and shows a real lack of community spirit.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

Guest_Snod_*

Guest_Snod_*
  • Guests
Is it not "ok" because VanQa has her HQ in the same area?

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*
  • Guests
I can understand why it would not be welcome, but I dont quite see why it would be considered 'offensive...OOC'. I wouldn't be ashamed to have created that building, though if I was responsible (and a roleplayer) I'd probably be happy to remove it if someone roleplayed cleaning up. I think thats the best thing to do.

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
It's about general respect for each other. Putting something like this up in a role-play guilds HQ might be a plain, innocent joke, or it could be a nasty little stab at the guild. Either way I don’t think it's very welcome.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

Shunsaki

Shunsaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
This is very tasteless. Don't know what else to say really.

I'll advice every guild to try and obtain any empty plots in their HQ. We don't want to see Drow temples in Stonekeep and Virtue-following knights in the BF territory.

Lann'Al

Lann'Al

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
BF territory is only rented to them! *hisses*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
*Grins*

Posted Image

Twothumb

Twothumb

Guardian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
If its a RP that owns it and it seems to be 145% safe to say it, then I hope they have the good manners of changing it now when their jokes been played out on the boards here even.

Its very disgraceful to do it in the middle of a RP area to go totaly against what that area stands for.

I assume its removed Asap by the person so that it dont gets any nastier then it have too be (and if i know history right it will turn nasty pretty damn fast).

Lann'Al

Lann'Al

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Like someone hopping in starting a fire in this tread

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shunsaki

Shunsaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
If the building doesn't go away we will have to put effort into obtaining the building closest to it. We will then turn that building in a pink paradise filled with bunnies and cuddly toys. The balance must be restored!

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
It could be argued that it is a form of harrassment and a GM paged.

Posted Image

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
Just ignore it, what's the big deal. Not everyone roleplays. If people start moaning or paging GMs or whatever then you're just being really petty and lame, worse than the people who built the thing in the first place who only probably did it as a joke.

Jesus christ people, chill out.

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*
  • Guests
ROOFLES - How the devil is it harassment? Even from a RP perspective, surley it's within the scope of our reality that someone would build this grusome scene to scare the Elves? I think contacting the owner and seeing what they have to say should be the first step - their response will decide whether this is griefing or not.

Shunsaki

Shunsaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Agreeing with Klion for now. Cal's post made me giggle.

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I didn?t say it was harassment ladies. I said it was lame and asked for it to be removed. :P

Posted Image

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*
  • Guests

Agreeing with Klion for now. Cal's post made me giggle.

I must warn you, I am half way to a ban... be careful who you agree with ;)

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*

Guest_Klion D'Gar_*
  • Guests

I didn?t say it was harassment ladies. I said it was lame and asked for it to be removed.

I believe that was in reference to the suggestion Cal made :)

Floria

Floria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Wow, the house equivalent of a naked dude armed with a butcher knife ruining your event by emoting *licks* to everyone. How lame.

Posted Image

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

The voice of common sense.

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
*Sighs and get's dressed, putting his butcher knife away.*

I'll get my coat...

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Twothumb

Twothumb

Guardian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Its lame and disrespectful.

Get rid of it by changing it into something or destroying the house, dont care how but its starting to get on my nerves to see a fellow rper doing things like that to piss people off.

Its a matter of respect between us rpers and right now that dont seem to be taken into account here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: request