Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Draconi; Any Chance of a Beta for the new Client? if so, When?

- - - - - beta chance client draconi

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source

I'm just wondering if you can let us in on any plans to hold a Beta for this new client? With a release of next year, one would think the beta (if one is going to be had) would have to be soon.

Any chance we can get a heads up on when this may be? or how we will have to go about signing up for it? Or if you all are not even planing a Beta?

Beta or no Beta, it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Thanks in advance if you have time to answer this, or if they will let you give out this kind of information at this point.

and

I'm betting that the beta for the new client will be as hard if not harder to get into than T2A was.

and

Pehaps, but we have no solid information that a Beta IS even going to happen. I would just like some confirmation on at least this point. One would think that if they are able to release confirmation on the existance of a Beta that they would also be able to release the details on how it will be handled as well. Certainly they took this into consideration when they decided to announce the new client? They had to know that we would all freak and want to join the Beta asap certainly.

I have seen hints here and there as to when will we have a beta so I thought if we had a post that specifically asked the question, perhaps we may be better represented to recieve an answer on this burning question.

and

I just wish they'd give us more info. Three screenshots of a new client? That's it?
Show us a little animation, show us some more locations, more monsters, I want to see tames, different armor sets.
Something more than these three meager screens.
And some technical specs for the nerds ammong us. I'm assuming 3D terrain, lightning and blended particles, but 2D sprites for characters and shadows? How is animation handled, all pre-rendered? How BIG is the new client? a CD or eight DVD's? How much eye candy can you enable/disable to make it run on my old P3-550 at work?

Anything, dear Devs.

Wilki_EA
UO Community Coordinator
responds

I'm not Draconi, but I can answer this question.

Yes there will be a beta, but I don't have a timeframe that I can talk about right now. When we have that ready, we'll be sure to announce it on uo.com.

Also, please keep in mind that specific developers cannot talk about unannounced information, such as features in the client, dates for the project, etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta, chance, client, draconi