Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What should I do with this character?

- - - - - character

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I have an old scribe character I am not sure what to do with. He seems useless.

Here is his template

105 eval
100 magery
100 med
100 scribe
100 anatomy
100 healing
57.5 resist

I am open to anyones ideas, I'd kind of like to keep insribe since it helps with making scrolls for my dexer.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
take off anat, heal, raise resist. boost up your mage and eval and med, make it something like
110 or higher eval
110 or higher mage
110 or 120 med
scribe
110 or higher resist
weapon skill, or spellweaving. It would be a monster pvm char if thats what your into. But the healing and anat are useless on a mage right now. You can mini heal quicker than bandages.

Also, maybe think of going chiv/mage and go 4/6. That is an awesome char to use too

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
What does spellweaving do? I haven't heard much about it.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you can replenish life with gift of renewal, you can self rez with gift of life, you can increase your SDI with arcane empowerment, you can word of death creatures when they are low on life for MAJOR damage. You can summon pixies or imps to fight for you. Its an awesome skill that not many people do. I saw a guy in fel with it on his template and he had ninjitsu, he deathstriked a guy, sicked his imps on the guy, when he tried to run, he got the 30-40 damage or whatever the deathstrike does, then the imps pwned him in a matter of seconds. It worked out great! I have thought of doing it, but just dont have the room on my accts anymore to do it. Maybe I'll turn my archer into a spwv/fencer/ninja just cause I retired him many a many months ago and hes just sitting there with a very expensive suit just going to waste.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
So, maybe I should drop healing and anatomy for spellweaving/ninjitsu?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
well in order for the deathstrike to work, you gotta have a weapon skill to apply the deathstrike. What are you aiming this char to do? Pvm or pvp?

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I'd like PVP.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well then I would suggest going the mage/scribe/weaponskill route. If you want to make a ninja/spwver make a new char. The scribe/mage thing works awesome and hits for alot of damage. With a weapon skill it can only help. And get rid of the anat/heal, and boost up your skills to atleast 110 and then weapon skill. You cant go wrong there.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
So, what do you think of this?

110 Magery
110 Med
110 Eval
115 Resist
100 Scribe
100 Mace

What good is a weapon w/o tactics?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
the only thing you really need it for is for assistance purposes and specials. You shouldnt expect to whack a guy to death with the weapon, but you can add it in and get some hits off while going at em with spells too. Maybe find macing weaps with para, mortal, bleed, disarm. All very good assists to your mage during the battle.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
From the looks of it, you will have about 80 points leftover, throw it into something like poison, and you got yourself an even more powerful char.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
If I recall poison 80.0 won't be very useful in PvP, how about if I use it for hiding?

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
80 poison is all you need

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well from what it looked like, he will only be going to 110 magery, but still 80 poisons will atleast guarantee you a level 4 poison, which is still nothing to laugh at. Hiding wouldnt do anything, since you have magery and can invis. You want to go for maximum effectiveness.

If you dont like the idea of nox then do something like ninjitsu for the animal forms where you get the hpr and can scoot away fast when getting dismounted. 80 should be enough to get by, plus you can do the death strike since you have the macing, which will make people hold still for a sec and let you dump some spells on em while they wait out the timer. Thats just another suggestion.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I like the ninjitsu idea, that would be awesome. Thanks Bo.

As long as I could get enough LRC w/o wearing both a ring and bracelet then I could probobly find a good ninjitsu jewelry that would give me 100 when equipped.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well, if you have the cash, go for a pendant, stitchers, and possibly if you can find it, armor of fortune, that is 100 lrc right there, with no need for jewelry and lrc combos. You can help boost your resists also with ember leggings and the kasa. Just play around with it and I'm sure you can do it, and it would be an awesome character to play. You will be a triple damage threat, weapon, magery and ninjitsu.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Yeah I will do that, I have a couple kasa's and another pendant, so I am set there. Next thing is Armor of fortune, how much does that usually run?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Gosh, I am thinking probably in the area of 20 mil.. I was able to get my lrc without it, but I used the orny, and that kinda takes away from your ninjitsu skill point idea. Dont forget bout the stitchers, those arent too much, maybe a bit over a mil? I wear the kasa, pendant, rune beetle, stitchers, embers, arms with high fire/poison(that is where you will find the lacking resists with that setup) and a 1/3 ring with 16lrc. I am over on the lrc, but I wanted to go for 4/6 and the arms just so happened to have what I needed on em to make the suit work. But if you can find the right resists, you can do it all without having to find lrc on your ring, unless you can find a nice 1/3 w/lrc and +ninjitsu(not asking for much eh? hehe) Dont forget about that vesper tunic with 3mr and decent resists either. I know its not a mages dream tunic, but it works....Or even heart of the lion, decently spread out resists, plus dci, which is always a nice thing to have..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Dang 20 mil for a tunic, sheesh.

I am going to get going on this guy after I finish 120 swords and tactics and 120 necro on my other 2 characters.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah, theyre expensive, but are very useful. The resists suck but you get 40lrc, and 15dci. You can boost up the rest of your resists with the rest of your armor and still hit 100 lrc. I put mine on last night, and with 1 switch of another piece of armor, i was all 65s and above and just lost 3mr and 10lmc from the rune beetle. So its just a matter of do you want the mr and lmc and int, or do you want alot of lrc in 1 piece.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: character