Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOKR *NEW* screenshots

- - - - - screenshots uokr

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Highlander

Highlander

Is Moturdrn's Clone!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'n my humble opinion, it's a huge improvement. It's true that graphics aren't everything but there's no doubt that more impressive visuals will help fire your imagination and draw you into the game.

And as for folk saying it's not that much of an improvement...well, I'm sure they could create an entirely new game with a new graphics engine and gameplay system...but then you'd lose your characters, your guilds and your history and you'd bitch about that too. They say they will support older clients for the time being so what are you complaining about?

I guess that's just generic in the community...everyone wants something particular that someone else doesn't want. Nonetheless, the biggest threat to the demise of RP in UO is not old clients, or new clients, but rather the lack of new blood. A new, more up-to-date graphics system (blah blah, not that special, etc. etc.) might bring in a few more people. I fail to see how anyone can see this as a bad thing.

Plus I think the new graphics rather spiffy.

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
I like it also but I'd like to see it in motion too...sure we will before too long.

Posted Image

Devlin

Devlin

Mucho loco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
The perspective is pretty dire on the silver cauldron in the top left of the second screenshot.

This worries me

However, I think it looks absolutely awesome overall, and I cannot wait to wander around my favourite places in the new engine

Hutula

Hutula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I second that Dev. Itll be neat to see the places in Ilshernar, for example, all fancied up.

Ofcourse Im just secretly waiting to see Swaggers look all spiffy, or rather even more spiffy. :-P

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

I'n my humble opinion, it's a huge improvement. It's true that graphics aren't everything but there's no doubt that more impressive visuals will help fire your imagination and draw you into the game.

And as for folk saying it's not that much of an improvement...well, I'm sure they could create an entirely new game with a new graphics engine and gameplay system...but then you'd lose your characters, your guilds and your history and you'd bitch about that too. They say they will support older clients for the time being so what are you complaining about?

I guess that's just generic in the community...everyone wants something particular that someone else doesn't want. Nonetheless, the biggest threat to the demise of RP in UO is not old clients, or new clients, but rather the lack of new blood. A new, more up-to-date graphics system (blah blah, not that special, etc. etc.) might bring in a few more people. I fail to see how anyone can see this as a bad thing.

Plus I think the new graphics rather spiffy.

What High said.

I am biased I know ,never having played another Mmorg,but as H said,they could of just made a whole new game and turned their back totally on UO .

Im glad they didnt and hope the new client brings back a lot of old players and lots more new ones.

Only thing I am not happy with is the horses.

It will only be faction horses [ atm ] that will look like that :(

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
The main thing for me is to see them developing UO more and more. I know it does not have the graphics of EQ or WoW. None of us play UO for the graphics etc, we play because of the community we have built.
and it makes me very proud to have been there right at the beginning from the time i started Rping with CoY to then going onto being in ERPA and eventually CoRE. And lets not forget the independent guilds who also bring some excellent RP to the community.

From the RP point of view i hope the new expansion will bring more people to UO and hence to our community. Assuming of course they market it in such a way as the expansion actually is carried by places such as Game.

Finger crossed. :)
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Guest_Raul_*

Guest_Raul_*
  • Guests
Lets hope they sort the avatar art out too, its so sad to see Raul as a 8 year old everytime i log into 3d. Plus some of them elves just do not look right in 2d :)

Cal Soulshadow

Cal Soulshadow

Quitter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
Yes, I hope so too. I used to use 3D and was very unhappy with the vile avatars that came with AoS. Mind you, I abandonned 3D some months prior to that due to the catastrophic crashes it had as it didn't like my graphics card at the time. But even with a different card, I just couldn't go back with those deformed child avatars. Vile!

Posted Image

Hutula

Hutula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Yeah, avatar changes would be very nice. The ideas behind the 3d avatar were nice, but as you said, the picture... vile... blech.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screenshots, uokr