Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Severed Heads

- - - - - heads severed

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

RetroRider

RetroRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi all.

I've been away for a few years and am now back in-game.

Any know what severed heads from the age of britian are worth?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If theyre just severed heads, you can still get those as SoS treasure loot.

If they have player names on them then they are worth quite a bit as they are very rare, at least tens of millions I'd say.

RetroRider

RetroRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

If theyre just severed heads, you can still get those as SoS treasure loot.

If they have player names on them then they are worth quite a bit as they are very rare, at least tens of millions I'd say.

Yep. They are named.

(i.g. The Head of Lord Tripp)

They are from before Lord Britain fell back when you could put a bounty on another player.:Whaxatk:

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Then they are worth a lot as they pretty rare. If you found a well-run auction on your shard that advertised, you could easily get millions for it. Extra would be paid if the name is for well-known, well-remembered or even current players.

Dareth

Dareth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Speaking of which..I have a skull from the Lord Devilon De'Luc. Anyone remember a player by that name?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is not measured but the amount of breaths you take....but the amount of moments that take your breath away.......

RetroRider

RetroRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Then they are worth a lot as they pretty rare. If you found a well-run auction on your shard that advertised, you could easily get millions for it. Extra would be paid if the name is for well-known, well-remembered or even current players.

Thanks TR.

I am not familiar with shard auctions or how to find them but thanks for the input.

I seem to have things that are not listed on stratics rares list and I am not sure what to do with them.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Stratics rares list is very, very out of date.

Also, ask on your shards msgboard if/when are the player-run auctions, almost every shard has them, some even several nights every week.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I'm a collector, hehe. Nope, I don't collect severed heads...well, not in UO anyway.

Anyway, I only do shard searches about once a month because rare things (expensive) become visible and stay that way for a bit. I wouldn't rush to the first offer, that's all. Better to research the value for awhile.

Clex

MegaMongbat

MegaMongbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I'd say it's all about desirability really.
The old deco items that used to be worth loads (like skull candles and such) are now worth about 250gp. Mainly because most server birth rares can now easily be gotten as either quest or event items and some as stealables.
Also, recently loads of new deco items have been introduced, some much nicer looking than what used to be the most valued of deco server birth rares.

What's still worth a pretty penny (and also still some of my favorites) are the original reagent rares. E.g. the plant forms of the herbal rares like ginseng and mandrake.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I always thought the empty jars were the best with that almost sort of glow to them.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Probably worth a lot to the right headless body.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Maybe next year for Halloween they'll do an Ichabod Crane-themed event and you get a pumpkin for chopping off the head of a mounted NPC.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
On Chesapeake, I used to pay ten mil per head, unless it was a particularly cool name, in which case I'd go higher. Offered 80 for the head of one of McManus's characters, once. wasn't enough :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

RetroRider

RetroRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for all the info and replies, guys.

I'll just keep my heads as deco items.

Good Hunting!!

Crystal Rose

Crystal Rose

Whispering Rose Radio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Severed heads that can be locked down are worth the most..and yes with unique names brings even more gold.
I'm sure there are still a few old old skull candles w/out the "Artifact Rarity 1" floating around out there somewhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heads, severed