Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ninja mage template?

- - - - - mage ninja template

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

bragoon

bragoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any good ones out there?

Forever

Forever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I never saw ninja mage :D

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
mage wep + ninja = deathstrike

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

mage wep + ninja = deathstrike

Very true. If you are looking for a template I would say

120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 resist
120 ninja

the rest is up to you. and you also want to looking at the this link.

http://www.uoforums....er-vs-mage.html

He gives some good pointers.

Forever

Forever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
death strike damage depends on ninjitsu+hide+stealth. Without hide and stealth ur DS will suck or u train 120 ninjitsu and use only animal form ? :D

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

death strike damage depends on ninjitsu+hide+stealth. Without hide and stealth ur DS will suck or u train 120 ninjitsu and use only animal form ? :D

Not true. I used to run a Ninja/Mage when I used to pvp:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Resist
120 Wrestle
120 Ninja

Problem is that Death Strike is really only a group pvp skill. For 1v1 on the field, it only gets people who run all the time. If they stand their ground, you've pretty much wasted 120 points and they have an advantage. That being said, I've dropped a lot of people with it. (Not naming names. =))

Don't forget Poisonous Shurikens. I went with Wrestling so I could have free hand for Shurikens & pots. If you're going to go Ninjitsu, might as well get the most out of it. I also occasionally used animal form to get away from the dismount/tamers.

Alucard

Alucard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Forever is right. The template suggested by Chad is just a mage with ninja added on. That means the ninja is only good for animal forms like forever said. Without hiding and stealth the ninja is like a mage with no evaluate intelligence. I wouldn't use it for anything. You cant have everything with a hybrid template like this so you need to choose between a combat skill or resist. I chose wrestling over resist. That way I don't get hit every single time a weapon swings at me. Resist I can compensate for by using the trap spell on bags for paralyze and curing with gcure potions or magery. It's hard to fit resist on this type of hybrid. Here is what I would recommend for a ninja mage: 

ninja mage
---------------------
hiding 100
stealth 100 or 80

ninjitsu 100
magery 100
evaluate intelligence 120
wrestling 100 or 120
meditation 100 or 120

for a total of 720 skill points

Alucard

Alucard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Another option is this, its more of a defensive ninja mage and you can customize it the way you like (it will give you resist but lower deathstrike and other ninja spell damage):

hiding 30(this is so you can stealth after casting invisibility)
stealth 60-80

ninja 100 or 120
magery 100 or 120
evaluating intelligence 100 or 120
meditation 100-120
wrestling 100
resisting spells 100 or 120

its your choice about which skills you want legendary becuase you can either have better defense or better offense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, ninja, template