Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

- - - - - 12th accounts battlenet november offline

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lan

Lan

Criminal Mongbat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Taken from MMO Champion

"Just to clarify, this is directly taken from The new Battle.net Frequently Asked Questions, the US version (here) doesn't seem to have the updated information and the process might be different on american servers. You might end up getting the old FAQ when checking the EU site, logging in fixed the problem for me.

Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th
Apparently, if you didn't merge your WoW account to a Battle.net account you won't be able to play the game after November 12th. The good news is, you get a free penguin!
Quote from Blizzard staff
Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password.

Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.

Q: Do I need to merge by a certain date in order to receive the penguin?
A: We plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future, we haven’t determined exactly when just yet.

Q: If I create a new World of Warcraft account, will I receive the pet?
A: Only existing World of Warcraft accounts that merge with a Battle.net account are eligible to receive the penguin pet. If you create a new Battle.net account after November 11 and merge an existing World of Warcraft account with it you will still be able to receive the pet. However, please note that we plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I just thought of something. Say two people shared the same billing email address but not the same WOW accounts. Suddenly junior can log into his father's account and delete chars out of spite!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Only if they know the password tied to the account.

The accounts are tied to e-mail. I don't think you'll be able to have the same email for multiple accounts

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I have an old account I'm trying to merge but having no luck whatsoever. What webpage do I have to go to? Can I have two WOW accounts merged with my Battlenet one?

EDIT: Finished. Interesting enough one of the pages I went through to merge my account with Battlenet asked "are you the sole player of the account"? Then when I logged into WOW it had a toggle between my two old account names.

EDIT: So I was right. Let's just say Junior's account is going to have to be connected to his own seperate email account from the others' accounts. ETC. ETC. ETC.

Otherwise some spiteful person is just a click-a-way from deleting your WOW chars just because Blizzard wants to make their database easier to use for them!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Depends, as with any game, dont tell anyone your password.

Personally I use the mobile authenticator, so you need both my password and my ipod to get in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 12th, accounts, battlenet, november, offline