Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Vet rewards and 12th Anniversary items

- - - - - 12th anniversary items rewards vet

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Here in this Stratics thread

New Vet rewards...
- Ethy Reptalon (Ethy Mount)
- Ethereal Hiryu (Ethy Mount)
- Wall Banner Deed (House Add-On)
- Crystal Portal (Misc)
- Retouching Tool (Misc)
- House Teleporter (Misc)
- Fire Ant and Terathan Matriarch (Statues)
- Clothing Colors Forest Green and Royal Blue (Including Gargish Robes)

12 Anniversary Choices...
- Codex of Virtue
- Silver Sapling Replica
- Ultima Banner
- Mailbox

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
***retouching tool ***
Target the ethereal mount you wish to retouch.
Your ethereal mount's body has been solidified.
Your ethereal mount's transparency has been restored.

***Crystal Portal***
This crystal portal allows you to teleport directly to a bank or a moongate.
For Trammel ruleset, say the city's name followed by "mint" (e.g. "minoc mint").
For a moongate, say the gate's name and "moongate" (eg. "minoc moongate").
For Felucca, say "fel" then same rules as above. So "fel minoc mint" or "fel minoc moongate"

***House Teleporter***
Allows you to teleport from one location in a house to another
Works between different houses!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkarah_Mythic
You do not have to be 11 or 12 year old to be able to use the retouching tools or house teleporters. You only have to be that old to claim them. After that, you can freely trade/buy them with/from others.

***MailBox***
The difference is anyone can put items in the mailbox, regardless of security settings as long as they are not banned from the house. To retrieve items, the owner can set the security level as he pleases. So if you only want the owner to be able to retrieve the mail, set the security to owner only.

Whereas with a secured container, only the people with proper security can add items to it which also allows them to retrieve items.

With a mailbox, the only way to prevent someone from leaving you something is by banning them from your house. But you fully control who can retrieve the items.

Mailbox pic

Attached Thumbnails

• Mailbox.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
According to Sakkarah, the teleporter can be used between houses as well.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieDarksong
So what does the mailbox do? Does it allow people to leave things for you and only you can access it or what?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Small
...whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.
Definitely no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrik Siege
As for the House Teleporters... Im about 90% sure that they work just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses (Would be good to know how many you get... a set of 2, 4 8, 10?) But I kind of hope that it allows you to link it between houses... that way if you pay for 2 accounts you can teleport between them instantly. Now that would be AWESOME! ***Dares to dream***
Yes to both the assumption and the hope.

Originally Posted by Zym Dragon
What is the range for these teleporters? Do the houses have to be within viewing distance of each other? If not, will they allow for travel between facets?
No range limit. You can travel between facets as long as you meet requirements like murderers, young, entitlement etc.

Will flagged players be able to use the House Teleporter? And obviously, red players will not be able to travel to a linked house in Tram, right?
The teleporters follow the same rules as normal teleportation. You cannot travel if:

1. You're in heat of battle
2. Flagged criminal
3. Your character's weight exceed his capacity
4. You are dragging items
5. You aren't allowed access to that facet (reds in Tram, Youngs in Fel, no entitlement)
6. You aren't allowed access to the destination house

So if you are friended to Player A's house that has a teleporter to Player B's house, but Player B's house is private and you're not friended to it, you will not be able to teleport into Player B's house from Player A's teleporter. But if both houses are public, and the start teleporter is at a security setting to which you are allowed, you will be able to travel back and forth.

*hopes that explanation was clear*
So when we redeem a House Teleporter... do we only get one or a 'pair'? How are they linked together?
You only get one pair and they are bound to each other. Tile A will ALWAYS teleport you to Tile B of that set. You can't mix them with another set. So if you get multiple sets, it can become a little confusing. A player made the wise suggestion of being able to mark them somehow. It is too late for this publish, but we will provide you guys with a way of identifying 2 tiles of a set. Maybe with the engraving tool or something in an upcoming publish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Knotts Posted Image
Can anyone use these tickets? I noticed there's no names on the tickets so can we freely trade these unlike last years Christmas presents (had to redeem first)?

Yes, anyone can use them. We took note from last year

Originally Posted by AirmidCecht Posted Image
Quick question:

Say player A places one half of their teleporter set in player B's house. Say both players have a falling out, and player B removes house acces to player A. How does player A retrieve that teleporter back? Unless I'm not following the same logic here, which is usually the case, hehe.

Write a prenup? Posted Image

On a more serious note, really not a whole lot that can be done there. You will need to work it out or both lose. We considered that issue before release but as there would be no way for us to establish who deserves to get the set over who, we have to leave that one in your hands. So obviously, you will want to make sure whoever you give the other half to is someone you implicitly trust. But we expect most players will use it for another house they personally own or to connect malls, libraries, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assia Posted Image
Are the teleporters only one way or can you teleport also from teleporter B to teleporter A?

2-way teleporters

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Wwwoohohohohohoho...new ethys! Finally! Hurray!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Wwwoohohohohohoho...new ethys! Finally! Hurray!

And a way to make existing ethys look 'solid', and to make your polar bear look 'ethereal', should you have any wish to do so :o

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Charger of the Fallen might look kewl as ethy too.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy!

Love the teleporters, the mailbox, the new ethy's, the retouching tool... *wonders how many rewards I have saved up*

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Charger of the Fallen might look kewl as ethy too.

Eh their alright, not as cool as you would think. *Shards that you're not allowed to mention here* have had them forever.
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Do we know what the codex is for?
Posted Image "Self-Righteousness is the only Sin!" Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Oh skippy skip! These are fantastic!

*jingles coin purse*

Can't wait to buy! Can't wait to xshard!

~M

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Who is elibible to receive the 12 anniversary items? I now the vet rewards is determined by your years of playing. But are the anniversary items only for 12 yr vets as well?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Who is elibible to receive the 12 anniversary items? I now the vet rewards is determined by your years of playing. But are the anniversary items only for 12 yr vets as well?

Any character that is logged in before Nov 8th will receive a gift ticket, think Holiday gifts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
:think:

hmmmmm kinda wonders why I have nothing in my backpack :o
I will double check when I get home this evening, but I patched last night and still saw nothing this morning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I think you'd have to have been on Origin shard since that's the only production shard to get Pub61 so far. Rest are (hopefully) getting it today.

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I think you'd have to have been on Origin shard since that's the only production shard to get Pub61 so far. Rest are (hopefully) getting it today.

hehe :doh:

I guess I saw that there was a patch last night and made the assumption it was live.
okies....I feel better now.

*holds the swinging watch in front all eyes reading this thread*
Forget the noob questions....she really isn't that big of a noob..........=)

Thanks Tancred
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

hehe :doh:

I guess I saw that there was a patch last night and made the assumption it was live.
okies....I feel better now.

*holds the swinging watch in front all eyes reading this thread*
Forget the noob questions....she really isn't that big of a noob..........=)

Thanks Tancred

Nobody's ever been able to hypnotize me! *Mwuhahahahaaahhhh*

*Goes to write down n00b questions to save them for posterity*

BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Do we know what the codex is for?

Wondering that too .... anyone know?

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
woot here we go :) From UO Herald

Posted Image

Anniversary Items and Veteran Rewards
Chrissay Zeeman
09 Oct 2009 17:03:22 EST

Within Publish 60 we added new Veteran Rewards and our 12th Anniversary Items.

<B>12th Anniversary Items

Posted Image
Virtue Floor Deed
The Virtue Floor Deed can only be placed in a house that is 8x8, or larger.

Silver Sapling
Players may choose from a potted or non-potted Silver Sapling plant.
Posted Image
You cannot exchange this item once you’ve chosen it.
Thes trees are only decorative and don't have the functionality of the larger Stygian Abyss version.

Posted Image
Ultima Banner
This decorative item can be used with your house decoration tool to position on any wall.

Posted ImageMailbox
All characters that are not banned from your character’s house can place items in this container.This must be secured to allow other players to drop items.
Only players meeting the security settings of the box can retrieve items from it.
This item will use up to 125 lockdowns in your home when the Mailbox is full.

Anniversary Rewards
Reward Clothing Exchange

A “Clothing Adjustment” box is located in the east building in the Lycaeum (in both Felucca and Trammel). This allows players to swap their already claimed reward clothing for another of a different type but of the same color.
Gargish Veteran Reward Robes

A fancy gargish robe and plain gargish robe version of the previous year’s veteran rewards are now available.
This item is blessed and grants 3% Physical Resist.

1st Year Veteran Reward
Posted Image
Crystal Portal
Teleports players directly to a bank or moongate by speaking a vocal command.

The Bank’s vocal command is “city name + mint”. The Moongate’s vocal command is “city name + moongate”

Detailed instructions are available by double-clicking the crystal.
The crystal must be locked down to work.
Only players with proper housing permissions are able to use it.
The usual teleportation restriction rules are applicable (no dragging items or overweight characters).

11th Year Veteran Rewards

Posted Image
Forest Green Robes and Dresses

Posted Image
Terathan Matriarch Statue
This item makes the natural Terathan Matriarch sound when a player enters its range.
The Statuette must be locked down to play the sounds.

Posted Image
Reptalon Ethereal Mount
The default hue of this ethereal mount is transparent.
Characters must be at least 11 years old to ride this ethereal mount.

Posted Image
Ethereal Mount Tool
Characters are able to set ethereal mounts hue to transparent or normal
These can only be claimed by a character of 11 years, however, it can be use by anyone.
If it is used on a Polar Bear mount or Charger of the Fallen will set those mounts to transparent

12th Year Veteran Reward

Posted Image

Royal Blue Robes and Dresses

Posted Image
Fire Ant Statue
This item makes the natural Fire Ant sound when a player enters its range.
The Statuette must be locked down to play the sounds.

Posted Image
Hiryu Ethereal Mount
The default hue of this ethereal mount is transparent.
Characters must be at least 12 years old to ride this ethereal mount.

Posted Image
House Teleportation Tiles
A set of 2 placeable house teleporter tiles which allows characters to teleport within the same house or inside another house where the 2nd teleporter has been placed.
Cross-facet teleportation will work as long as the character is allowed on that facet.
Only the owner or co-owner of each house can place the teleporters and can set the security level on them.
These must be locked down or secured inside a house to be functional.
They can be used and placed by anyone regardless of age.
To use this reward:
<B>

The character must meet lockdown permission of the origin teleporter. The character must have house access permission of the destination home.

</B>

The character may not be flagged criminal or in the heat of battle.
The character must meet facet restrictions (flagged criminal, young player, or expansion entitlement).
The character must meet teleport restrictions (no dragging items or overweight characters).

Posted Image
Chaos/Order Banners
This decorative item can be used with your house decoration tool to position on any wall.
This item comes as a set in a pouch.

</B>

• AltPersona likes this

IKEA

IKEA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It's at times like this that I wish I hadn't sold my original account that I started way back when lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 12th, anniversary, items, rewards, vet