Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Pub 61 for TC1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Please click on more to read the TC1 notes.

More...

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

# Crafting Items will no longer bark “I’m in the hack!!!”

Ummmmm.... whaaaaat?!? I hafta ask...

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Ummmmm.... whaaaaat?!? I hafta ask...

There was some kind of misplaced code that made --I thought players but apparently it was certain items-- say "I'm in the hack" randomly.

Scares a lot of people.

I'm puzzled by this:

Fixed an issue that allowed gloves to show properly on the paperdoll

If it's showing properly how the Hell is it an "issue?"

-Galen's player

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

The 3.0 SoT reward from the trap maze puzzle has temporarily been replaced by a Lucky Coin.

This is a bad idea, I think.

It rewards the exploiters by allowing them to keep control of the market while others who never thought to exploit will still be shut out for awhile to come.

Will they remember to turn it back on?

Added a box in the Lycaeum (Felucca and Trammel) which allows players to trade their veteran reward clothing for one of a different type but of the same color.

I assume this is to trade robes for dresses?

If so that's quite neat.

Fixed an issue with Personal Attendant dupes

What?

Duping the Attendants, or using the Attendants to dupe other stuff?

Either way haven't you tipped your hand to the dupers? Aren't they going to kick into high gear until the Publish hits?

Also the way this is phrased it sounds like you're helping duping by fixing an issue with it!

*chuckles*

-Galen's player

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Players can no longer unravel items after they have been traded

PLEASE tell me this doesn't mean you can no longer sell someone an item for them to unravel.

Or GIVE an item away for someone else to Imbue. Like, for example, guildmate to guildmate.

Please tell me yuo mean IN the trade window.

If so, why say "after" they have been traded??

If you are making it so people have to get their own stuff to unravel? That's stupid. And bad. Effectively turns this part of UO into a single-player game.

-Galen's player

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
With all these concerned questions as to the true intent/meaning of the notes, I'd like to comment that some of the specific and eloquent nature of Publish notes has declined over the past year(IMO, of course). My impression is that Publish notes used to be fairly concise, even detailed, but have become somewhat ambiguous and even incomplete more recently. I go over every set of Publish Notes, Client Patch Updates and Five on Fridays for UOGuide to archive them there and this has really caught my attention over the past year.

Lord Roland

Lord Roland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Pretty sure they are talking about the bug where you can use Oak boards with normal tools to craft either Bokutos or Bows, needing them to be exceptional, then TRADING them off to another character to unravel them to get the magical residue, which completely goes against the whole imbuing/unraveling idea that the items are to be made with PLAIN/NORMAL materials. I know a person who bragged of getting over 30k magical residue from about 66k Oak boards....

Also, glad to see they finally are getting around to fixing the puzzle board bugs, and as such I am glad they are removing the 3.0s from the reward tables for now. Let the market RECOVER from the idiots who were using the bug and ran the prices down into the ground.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

PLEASE tell me this doesn't mean you can no longer sell someone an item for them to unravel.

Or GIVE an item away for someone else to Imbue. Like, for example, guildmate to guildmate.

Please tell me yuo mean IN the trade window.

If so, why say "after" they have been traded??

If you are making it so people have to get their own stuff to unravel? That's stupid. And bad. Effectively turns this part of UO into a single-player game.

-Galen's player

So does this really mean imbuing crafters cannot receive items to unravel through the trade window?
And if so, how does this help, really? There's a ton of other ways to xfer items without using the trade window that is still reasonably secure for both parties...
And even more so when both toons are owned by the same player! ;)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Lissa Eldi

Lissa Eldi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Pretty sure they are talking about the bug where you can use Oak boards with normal tools to craft either Bokutos or Bows, needing them to be exceptional, then TRADING them off to another character to unravel them to get the magical residue, which completely goes against the whole imbuing/unraveling idea that the items are to be made with PLAIN/NORMAL materials. I know a person who bragged of getting over 30k magical residue from about 66k Oak boards

Actually I thought that was as designed, but even if it wasnt how does not being able to trade items stop this? Working imbuing takes massive amounts of residue, which takes massive amounts of items. A crafter can't exactly go out and adventure up the items needed themselves, at least mine cant. I hope we get a clarification on this.

Aside from that, wow! That's quite a list of things to be fixed, kudos to the team!

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
First of, I don't like the new development that publishes and patches are kina mixed up. Because this:

Fixed an issue that allowed gloves to show properly on the paperdoll

is a client fix aka a patch not a publish, right?!
Also it bugs me that the call it legacy client again instead of classic. Come on guys, a bit a consistency please!

To go into more detail:

Retextured the death shroud

How? Why?

# Fixed an issue to allow Faction players from triggering a trapped chest to deny giving faction scores and stat loss

It's kind of a good move, cause some people were carrying "suicide boxes" to avoid statloss, but what does that mean? Do you get statloss when being killed by a trapbox? Or can't factioners use the boxos anymore? I hope not, cause if the disable the trapboxes it should be for all or it would kill factions.

Players can no longer unravel items after they have been traded

This really sounds strange, let's see how it turn out. Maybe we have to drop stuff to unravel to the ground to trade it...

Fixed an issue with Vet Reward Statues coming to live when attacked

Heh, I think I have to try this before the publish goes live =) Sounds like fun having a miniature monster running around the house.

Faction guilds can no longer be in an alliance with non faction guilds.

Finally!

Tasty Treats will no longer stack

Um... why? Stacking stuff is a good thing!

Fixed an issue with the Despise bridge causing Line of Sight issues

Wow! I can't believe the finally fixed this after years. Kudos!

Damage rate of weapons have been adjusted.

Sorry... say what?!

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
But in the end, very very very little fixes in the huge list of SA ("Enhanced") client bugs...

C'mon devs! You want people to switch? Then fix the client!
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Oh, he's wearing that thing again, it's sooo 1997...

• Retextured the death shroud
How? Why?

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Damn, I didn't notice that weapons one....

Does the UO team read here? I haven't been to Stratics for awhile. I'd hate to think that's the only forum they read and/or reply to.

-Galen's player

First of, I don't like the new development that publishes and patches are kina mixed up. Because this:
is a client fix aka a patch not a publish, right?!
Also it bugs me that the call it legacy client again instead of classic. Come on guys, a bit a consistency please!

To go into more detail:

How? Why?

It's kind of a good move, cause some people were carrying "suicide boxes" to avoid statloss, but what does that mean? Do you get statloss when being killed by a trapbox? Or can't factioners use the boxos anymore? I hope not, cause if the disable the trapboxes it should be for all or it would kill factions.

This really sounds strange, let's see how it turn out. Maybe we have to drop stuff to unravel to the ground to trade it...

Heh, I think I have to try this before the publish goes live =) Sounds like fun having a miniature monster running around the house.

Finally!

Um... why? Stacking stuff is a good thing!

Wow! I can't believe the finally fixed this after years. Kudos!

Sorry... say what?!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Does the UO team read here? I haven't been to Stratics for awhile. I'd hate to think that's the only forum they read and/or reply to.

Me to, but that seems to be the case, for the most part.
Chrissay seems to be the only UO staff member who visits here, but even that's rare

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

I haven't been to Stratics for awhile. I'd hate to think that's the only forum they read and/or reply to.

Unfortunately, it's closer to the truth than not. Chrissay does come here ocassionally, but for the most part Stratics seems to get the love.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Unfortunately, it's closer to the truth than not. Chrissay does come here ocassionally, but for the most part Stratics seems to get the love.

It's always been that way, unfortunatly.
And it's not going to change anytime soon, I've been complaining about the unfairness of it all for years and it's just fallen on deaf ears, despite the promises from the community director that things will change.:(

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
I cant complain... everytime I sent her a PM I got a nice reply.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Oh I agree, Pitr, Chrissay rocks, she's the best UO community co-ordinator thus far
I just wish the overall community policy would change in favour of ALL UO sites, and not just the busiest.
I understand that the UO staff are busy, but their policy of only reading/posting on Stratics has been and will be the death of other UO fansites.
There's been several that I know of which have closed for that very reason.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Me to, but that seems to be the case, for the most part.
Chrissay seems to be the only UO staff member who visits here, but even that's rare

That's too bad.

Despite my issues there I'm not anti-Stratics, and I definitely post there a fair amount.

However, I also like the warmer, friendlier tone here. You can have actual discussion and flame wars don't always start.

And let's face it....When multiple posters complain Stratics gives them a virus, I get paranoid, and pull back until they at least get a handle on whatever the issue is.

The EA team would definitely do well to pay attention here as well as Stratics. I know they are busy but they could save time by not reading the 800th custom shard thread on Stratics; the "arguments" are always going to be the same. And that's true of a lot of stuff on Stratics. I even toyed with keeping "generic Stratics posts" on my computer, so I could respond consistently to the same stuff I always feel obligated to respond to.

-Galen's player

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
So far I see some New Vet rewards

Some Gargish robes
House Teleporter ?
Retouching tool?

Haven't finished looking thru the list on Origin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]