Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Are you enjoying the invasion?

- - - - - enjoying invasion

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I am just Maddux, and that is reason enough why the UO Gods award me with gifts. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Must be to make up for the outrageous price of PoFs.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
The Outrageous Price of powder of Fortification is all based on the sheer greed of Crafter Mafiaso Thugs. In fact, I believe the Crafters are another invasion that tsomeone forgot to tell us about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
This invasion officially blows.. after all that work all those hours alll that lost money all those towns completely cleared... The $%@#$%@# snakes are back spawning all over the darn place *glowers*

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Did you clear Fel as well?

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Yes I am enjoying the Invation....even more than the last one.

I make plenty of money from it (not as much as Maddux though)

I especially enjoy the interating with other players in the clearing of the towns.

Is Fel invaded too?.............
Leave them for Maddux
Respect everyone

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Maddux doesn't kill non-players in Fel.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Well, on Europa there are few I will kill. :) Its hard to escape the Bandit King's Justice. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Fel has been tried many times but the pk'ers won't let us.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Kill them viciously and without mercy and they will leave you alone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well Maddux, you gotta remember, when people gear up to go fight the invasion, we may not bring our best pvp gear. I have been doing the invasion on my swds/pali, and when I went to fel cause tram vesper was cramped, I only brought the appropriate weapons. Well, when the /R/ejects came raiding, I only had but an ophid slayer and a soulseeker to defend myself with.... The best part was I redlined this fool with a Soulseeker it was great. But after the gank, I could just not survive and fell. But it was fun seeing how a soulseeker held up! hehe....

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I am going to feel stupid but... there is PvP gear and a normal fighting gear? What type of stuff you gotta look for in PvP? I figure it would be the same weapons / armour to fight things?

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well as in any war, you want to be most prepared for your competition. In pvm, you go for slayer weapons, maybe a suit with different resists, different stuff you carry. In pvp, you go out with what will get the job done to kill people. Like in my case, I use 3 different swords, a Bokuto with hit harm, hit life, swing and DI, a hatchet with ML, HLD, HCI, DI, and a ornate axe with really high, and I mean over 40 ML, LL, SL, 30SSI, and 48DI. You want to go out with the most damaging weapons and most effective weapons to take a person out. In the invasion, you would carry a ophid slayer weapon. It may not be the best weapon, but it has the slayer property, so it will suit your enemy. It will suck against a player, and the soulseeker I was carrying was not aimed at people. It does only about 15-20 damage if that to a person, and will not kill someone who knows how to heal. Like I said, you just gotta pick your battles and suit up accordingly...

Or for a mage, say you are doing a spawn/pvm, and want to load up on SDI, well in pvp, I think there is what, a 10-15 cap. Well in pvm there is no cap, so you will go out with the highest amount of SDI you can, which may not be your best pvp gear..

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Ahhh! Okay that makes all the world of sense... I can see that, very cool! Sounds like PvP is expensive then.

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
can be. There are folks who do it in normal loot and gm armor, and there are those with over 100m suits. I was lucky with my suits, came with time and many good trades... Only spent probably like 40m on the 4 suits I wear.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

There are folks who do it in normal loot and gm armor...

Man I can't wait til I can upgrade from that, but yeah, most people have different suits for PvM and PvP. Maybe when I get wealthy enough I can afford one for each.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I was lucky and had a good string of trades and sales, where I was able to fully suit up my 4 pvp chars in seperate suits, and only needing 1 item to trade between my 2 mages and since I only have 2 cinctures, I always keep 1 in the house for whoever needs it and 1 on my main never trading out, but the rest is stand alone. My tamer, I dont count, he just has a 70s lrc suit with crap mods, I think hes only like 2/2 but it does its trick. He gets around as hes needed, he does oaks/peerlesses like hes needed, and rezzes guildies swampies like hes needed. The crafter on the acct is just in normal nothing armor, as he doesnt fight, so I dont care.. hehe.. But the other 4, I can just log out and log in and be ready to go, no more switching around items. That was a pain in the butt!!!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
In my opinion, there really isn't much difference between the suits for pvm and pvp. I have watched ppl pvp naked and do extremely well. But then again, I do have 70s resist 100%lrc suits on more than a few characters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I took it easy on the invasion this weekend, instead I took my fighter to Hythloth daemon room and cleaned house. I was just bored and daemons are cake with a soulseeker.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well, I think its geared more towards the dexxers. I know guys that are out in this invasion not carrying their normal pvp weapons, and are carrying a couple of ophid slayers, which would totally suck against pvp. I didnt want to carry my slew of pvp weapons in tow along with my invasion weapons, as I died alot, and lost alot of money during the beginning of this invasion. Mages can go and pvm in the same suits they pvp in, cause generally stuff doesnt change. Maybe a few things, but its almost the same setup. Like with my mage, I use a mage weap/orny in pvp now, but in spawn situation, I switch out to the scrappers for the SDI. and arcane for the fc1, so I can stay at 4/6. On my necro/mage, nothing changes at all. It stays the same regardless, As I already have 2/6 without changing anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enjoying, invasion