Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Quick Question

- - - - - question quick

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Siren_seraphime

Siren_seraphime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok sorry if this is the wrong thread but I have a couple of quick questions if somebody doesnt mind helping me out.. I started to play UO in Nov of 2000 and quit in April of 2004. Thankfully I remember my account information but over the years I've lost my games... I really want to reactivate my old account and start playing again but I'm completely lost now..

So my question/questions is this..
Where do I even start?
Is there a collection of the games sold together or do I have to start from scratch and buy each one seperately?
Can I reactivate my old account using these new disks?

and a complete silly question.. are Veteren rewards still given and will I be able to back collect 5 years worth? hehe

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
If you buy one of the newer versions, it contains all the old stuff too. So you won't have to buy all the different games to be able to play. You should get an upgrade code for your account too, so you will be set there.

They still have the vet rewards. Your account, however, quit aging when it went inactive. So you can't get the 5 years worth it was down.

Siren_seraphime

Siren_seraphime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the help, lol I didnt think that I'd collect the old rewards I missed and to be honest I'm pretty sure when I quit I had my rewards I already collected locked down in my house which is probably decayed and I've lost those that I did have.. but good news that I only have to buy recent version of the game :D

edit*
So I would have to buy this
Ultima Online?: Stygian Abyss? (Account Upgrade)
I would be golden?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I can't see what the product is (I'm overseas, it directs me to the Dutch main-site), but remember to get the account upgrade and not the account + upgrade. It should say clearly on the page either "for new accounts" or "for current players" (or something to that effect) and the one you want is only $29.99 and not $39.99.
Posted Image

Siren_seraphime

Siren_seraphime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks for clearing that up Farsight, I was linking to the the upgrade only one, which is what I was going to buy and am now.. just kinda confusing not playing a game for 5 years and deciding to pick it back up

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
And currently they're running the "Return to Britannia" promo, so you can just download the client and start playing for free on your old account until 15 October! =)

And you do not *have* to buy the SA expansion, only if you want to:
  • be a gargoyle
  • access Ter Mur or the Stygian Abyss
  • use the new Gargish deco
  • bond one of the new tamables
  • etc.

Otherwise you can just play with the Mondain's Legacy that is now given for free to everyone!
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

Ok sorry if this is the wrong thread but I have a couple of quick questions if somebody doesnt mind helping me out.. I started to play UO in Nov of 2000 and quit in April of 2004. Thankfully I remember my account information but over the years I've lost my games... I really want to reactivate my old account and start playing again but I'm completely lost now..

So my question/questions is this..
Where do I even start?
Is there a collection of the games sold together or do I have to start from scratch and buy each one seperately?
Can I reactivate my old account using these new disks?

and a complete silly question.. are Veteren rewards still given and will I be able to back collect 5 years worth? hehe

First off, there as others have mentioned, there is a Return to Britannia promotion going on right now. You can download the client and simply login to your account. What's more, your account will be upgraded to Mondain's Legacy which is the second to last expansion. Thus you'll have access to a majority of the content that UO has added since you've been gone. The only content you'll be missing out on is the Stygian Abyss content. So what you can do is play the promotion out (runs out on the 16th) and then pay to activate your account. You can then decide if you want to upgrade to Stygian Abyss or not.

Here's a link to the 2d client download from EA. It's the same client you played on way back when. You can install it off one of your CDs, if you still have them, and the client will patch up.

As for veteran rewards, those are tabulated by active years played. Thus no new rewards will be given for the five years you've been inactive.

Once again, welcome back. If you ever visit Pacific, let me know and we'll do what we can to get you settled back in.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

Here's a link to the 2d client download[/URL] from EA. It's the same client you played on way back when.

Stop sending people to the old stuff alreeady!!! Try the new, shiny, goodies filled Enhanced Client instead! :P

(Ok, I exaggerated about the goodies... So sue me! =))
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Kire

Kire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I found my old UO disk from years ago and loaded it hoping to play but I could not remember log in information. I ended up calling the help desk and they got it straight for me. It was cool starting off the game with my GM toons and vet rewards.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Wow, they must have gotten a lot better over the last two years.

When I started again two years ago, the help desk people were worthless. I'm still waiting for an email reply for my repeated emailed requests for help (I did get an automated reply with "we're going to look into it" so I know they got the message) and eventually found a workaround and managed to get my old account back without their help.

But if that didn't work, nobody in UO would be seeing my shining face today!
Posted Image

IKEA

IKEA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was quite lucky when I came back to UO four months ago.

I sent them an email that I was considering a return, would I be able to reactivate an account I had in 2004... yes was their reply. They even included links for the client downloads, etc... seeing as the last one in a box I had was Samurai Empire.

So they were indeed very helpful getting me back into the game... if only the same could be said when since then I've lost countless items to stupid bugs... grrrrr lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, quick