Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

SoulStone question

- - - - - question soulstone

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

J-Mac

J-Mac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
If I have one char with a 40 in a skill and I put that skill on a soulstone. Can I have a different char who has 30 in that skill download the skill from the soulstone and then he would have 70 in the skill? Or would he just get the 40?

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

Diminished Responsibility and Ginger.. Apparently..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Nope you cant... You would have 40... Different chars skills do not stack as far as i am aware..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Thats correct, the skills do not stack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Another thing to note, if you store 100.1 or higher of a skill, the recieving character must have the proper power scroll applied.

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
I have another question to add!

Have they permanently discontinued selling soul stone codes?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
the soulstones come from Legacy Tokens.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

the soulstones come from Legacy Tokens.

Or the veteran reward gump under miscellaneous. =)

I like to keep spare choices for new stuff, though...never know what they'll release.

Mounts, specifically.

We'll be finding out soon what the new rewards are. Apparently sakkarah said something in a post on stratics about this...

They're putting the rewards through QA and will let us know once they're finished/the bugs are worked out.

ETA is...when they're finished. =)

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
As Corvak said - wlthough they do their best to hide what you can get! According to the UOGamecodes page for the $9.99 'Legacy Token' code -

"The Legacy Token will allow you to choose one item from a selection of premium items that have been offered throughout the years of UO such as The Hooded Shroud of Shadows, The Charger of the Fallen or the Green Soulstone. "

I'm always surprised how few of these show up on vendors, since most other stuff you can get via UOGamecodes is around....

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
That's the one thing I encourage every newbie I meet to buy - if they can spare the money only, of course - a legacy token to get a charger of the fallen.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
LOL... I still have an unused token - got it for only 6M5 in gold - and am still debating what to use it for... Since I have beetles for all my main chars, I see little use for a Charger.

Sure, it cannot be killed, but it cannot carry loot either!

BTW: If soulstoned skills stacked, it'd be very easy to get to 120 skill...
Buy 30
Soulstone it
Buy 30
Get it off soulstone (makes 60)
Soulstone it
Buy 30
Get it off soulstone (makes 90)
Soulstone it
Buy 30
Get it off soulstone (makes 120)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Well, I tend to drag our newbs into champs and PvP to steelbath them early ;)
And there it's more than annoying if you can't remount and join back in the fight.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Aye. Even if I ride a mount, generally a faction horse, into battle, I always carry an ethy since you don't always ride OUT on the same mount lol.

raj

raj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a green Soulton can doubt the skill for it?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

I have a green Soulton can doubt the skill for it?

I'm not sure what your question is, but soulstones let you store your skill in the stone and transfer it to another character. For instance, let's say your first character has 100 magery and you want to change it to your second character. You'd put it on the soulstone, then give it to your second character who can then receive those 100 magery skill points.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I happen to have 2 chargers and I prefer to have the soulstones my self. I now have about 20-30 of them with skills stoned that are not in use at the moment. Its perfect for multiple temps on one char or to hold those extra skills points for the ultimate mule imbuer that are not in use at that time. I am currently working towards GMing or 120ing every skill in the game to have at my finger tips. Im almost there, got about 10-15 left now.

UOinMichigan

UOinMichigan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a question that suits this thread. Can you have more than one soulstone of a particular color on a single account? Last night I purchased a red one and noticed that I could pick up 3 more if I wanted to. Is that even possible even though the rewards interface appears to allow for it?

mouse300

mouse300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
uoinmichigan - yes, you can. color doesn't matter. i have 14 blue ones and 3 red ones on my main account. the 14 blue ones were from promo codes, the 3 red ones were vet reward choices.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
You bet it is! (How many colors do you think there would have to be, if people (like the prev. poster) have all skills available in soulstones to swap out at will?) ;)
BD Sig New

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
Hey 9 moons, are you Seanchan?... =)
BD Sig New

retiredmj

retiredmj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
So just checking, $9.99 is the cheapest I'm going to get a SS for correct? I'm starting to think I need at least one of these to do what I want to do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, soulstone