Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Client question from brand new player.

- - - - - brand client player question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Scibat

Scibat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have read something about 3d graphics, currently I am using the Stygian Abyss client but have seen no options for 3d.

• Am I missing something or do I have the wrong client or something?
  • Basically is there any way to get 3d graphics? I don't mean first person, but isometric like most action RPGs like: Sacred, Sacred 2, Diablo 2 ect.
Thanks in advance for any help provided :)
-- Scibat

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
no that is about it, there are 2 clients - the so called "classic" client which is 3/4 isometric like diablo, sacred

and the "enhanced" client stated as 3D but not really.

way to know the difference if you can create your own hot bars in game you are using the 3D enhanced client.

either way its a huge downgrade as far as visuals, since I read your other thread that you have played WoW and other modern mmos.

As a long time player, 140 months and counting, the thing that keeps me in UO is the depth of the gameplay not the shiny graphics. If you can get past that UO is an incredible game. Heck, I still play diablo :) Welcome to UO.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Yes, 3D is a poorly chosen name. Originally, Third Dawn was called UO 3D, because it made use of graphics acceleration, often known as '3D Cards' at the time. From Third Dawn, they created Kingdom Reborn, both of which have been considered failures. Personally, I like this new enhanced client. I havent had bugs, it runs smoothly, and the UI for the most part works well.

It is, in fact, still an isometric view, with improved textures and an updated UI that is more familiar to people playing other MMOs. But honestly, I think thats what makes UO, UO. If it was a full 3D world, i don't know if it'd be the same game... :)

Scibat

Scibat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you for the fast and helpful replies. I have heard so much about the depth of UO, I have to try it. So I am going to stick around and see if it grabs me. If the in game community is remotely as helpful as these forums seem to be, I'll probably love the game :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brand, client, player, question