Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Just starting UO have a few RP questions.

- - - - - questions rp starting uo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Scibat

Scibat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am an experienced roleplayer, who has played many MMOs -- Except UO. I just opened an account (Last night) and I could use some help with the following questions:

• Is there something like an unofficial RP shard, if so which one is it?
  • What races are actually available? (I only have 2 on my account)
  • How to I get access to the other races? (please be specific)
  • I'm used to WoW, are there any mods or addons for roleplayers?
  • If so, where do I get them and how would I install?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
-- Scibat

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Most shards have at least some degree of roleplay. I'm only familiar with Europa's scene, though it's still very much active on Atlantic, Chesapeake, Baja, Pacific, and Catskills if I'm not mistaken. All offer slightly different things, though there's no wrong choice. If you list what you're looking for I'm sure people will leap to win you over.

Humans, Elves, and Gargoyles are the playable races. Though people often roleplay Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, Drow etc. I even recall someone playing as a mongbat a few years ago. Elves can now be chosen on character creation. Not sure Gargoyles are available yet, as that add-on is VERY new.

There are no mods or add-ons in UO, I'm afraid. There are freeshards with plenty of player-made content, though that's something of a taboo as it isn't technically legal.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Europa is by far in the lead, but Bogling is correct, it does exist on most shards.

I know of guilds from Europa, Chesapeake, and Pacific that RP and have forums here at UOF.

Scibat

Scibat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you for all the help.

Coincidentally, I get very good latency on Europa, so that will be where I will try to make my home. :new_color_:

-- Scibat

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I am an experienced roleplayer, who has played many MMOs -- Except UO. I just opened an account (Last night) and I could use some help with the following questions:

• Is there something like an unofficial RP shard, if so which one is it?
  • What races are actually available? (I only have 2 on my account)
  • How to I get access to the other races? (please be specific)
  • I'm used to WoW, are there any mods or addons for roleplayers?
  • If so, where do I get them and how would I install?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
-- Scibat

Welcome.

1. No, with the possible exception of Europa. Europa has a particular style of RP and a particular, specific rules set they expect their RPers to follow. It works very well for them, and it has emerged from the shared understandings of RPers on that shard. Attempts to transplant their systems to other shards usually seem to fail.

I am greatly enjoying the RP on the Great Lakes shard. I'm told Atlantic is active too.

2. Human, Elf, and Gargoyle. For the latter you have to have bought the most recent expansion.

3. For the third race, purchase the recent Stygian Abyss expansion.

4. Hmm. No, I don't think so, unless there's something for the "Enhanced Client," which is modd-able. I play the "Classic Client."

5. No idea.

Again, welcome aboard.

-Galen's player

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Concerning Mods for the new Enhanced client try: Modders Exchange

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: questions, rp, starting, uo