Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[Renowned] monsters need a loot boost

- - - - - boost loot monsters renowned

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Hello All -

I decided to take myself and another tamer to one of the renowned mini-champ areas. While the superbosses aren't overly difficult for two characters, you'd think something with 15,000+ hitpoints would have something a little more valuable than 31 goldpieces on it.

We killed two different mini-bosses, then left in disgust.

Devs: There needs to be something more on these.

- SoT, or
- Scroll of Alacrity, or
- Better drop rate of UOSA named equipment
- A unique item, or
- A decent amount of gold

Come on...31 gold for a monster that takes 15-20 minutes to drop? Loyalty isn't sufficient motivation, once you hit Noble.

Sheesh.

~M

Locus

Locus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I agree, the loot is way to horrible

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
And, in case I wasn't clear: That's 15-20 minutes of TWO fully trained greater dragons and constant healing. Serious firepower. Zero payoff.

~M

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Wow, which one were you fighting? I do the Fire Demon one to try to get certain reagents. Although they'll whack me pretty well, my Sampy has yet to fail in killing them in just a couple minutes, though I HAVE taken some death robes lol. I agree though, the loot sucks big time for such a potent mob.

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Well, I disagree. The downside of boosting up the loot would be that the areas would be more camped. They are too easy to justify a SoT. Too easy in the sense of the quantity of spawn and the time you need to get to the next tier.
I agree, the loot is not that good. Money wise. But you get a few imbuing reagents while working the spawn. That could be also a reason to work the spawn.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Well, I disagree. The downside of boosting up the loot would be that the areas would be more camped. They are too easy to justify a SoT. Too easy in the sense of the quantity of spawn and the time you need to get to the next tier.
I agree, the loot is not that good. Money wise. But you get a few imbuing reagents while working the spawn. That could be also a reason to work the spawn.

Too easy?! Wow, apparently I'm doing it wrong...

Wyvern - one hit kills my sampire, which can solo mephistis and Semidar; runs my mage out of mana before I get it 1/3 red
Rats - Takes 15-20 minutes for two tamers to bring down
Lich - One hit kills my sampire, kills G Drags in 3 hits and Cus in 2
Fire Demon - Ok, this one is pretty easy
Acid Elemental - Also fairly easy
Faerie - Two tamers ran out of bandages and mana healing a G Drag and a Cu before we killed it by the skin of our teeth
Goblins - I think a crafter could kill these.

So - scale reward based on difficulty...like always.

Just my opinion, and we know what that's worth.

~M

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Yeah, but the loot for the [renowneds] themselves is beyond horrible. I mean, it's sub-regular dragon. Sub-daemon. Honestly, I've probably found better loot on orcs. And some of them take forever to kill. The ratmen ones, for instance, take a good 15 minutes of thwacking. And the spawn won't advance until the renowned mob is down...so yeah, some small loot bump would be great. Maybe like give 10 of a random imbuing ingredient to the top 3 damagers?

On a similar note, the first level of the three Cavern of the Discarded spawns' loot needs to be fixed too...unlike every other first level spawn in the Abyss, none of these guys drop any imbuing reagents (unless you count wolf eyes). Imbuing reagents from CoD are ridiculously hard to come by right now and go for outrageous prices.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Ok, update. The wyverns SUCK lol. I agree with the comment above about one hit kills, 'cause that is exactly what they do, couldn't even hit my pot macro before I was dead. After 5-6 insta kills, I gave up on the sampire. I'll need to try it with another character type, but that was ridiculous.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Just did the Fire Elemental. While the elemental itself isn't terribly difficult, the area effect fire damage from all the spawn made things pretty dodgy.

Died twice, then a third time after it drops when the fire ants started spawning on top of me.

Got two essences from the spawn, a handful of fire goo and 630 gold from the mini-champ.

Hardly worth the effort.

~M

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Ok, the wyvern is not easy. And with the right combo he gets one down very fast, true. I was more thinking at the fire element. A guildmate and me have done all of the mini champs. Mage and samurai. And it is doeable. Some take more time then others.
I'm just against an inflation of SoT's. ;).
A small drop of imbuing reagents at the mini boss would be okay, I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iafbat

iafbat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Too easy?! Wow, apparently I'm doing it wrong...

Wyvern - one hit kills my sampire, which can solo mephistis and Semidar; runs my mage out of mana before I get it 1/3 red
Rats - Takes 15-20 minutes for two tamers to bring down
Lich - One hit kills my sampire, kills G Drags in 3 hits and Cus in 2
Fire Demon - Ok, this one is pretty easy
Acid Elemental - Also fairly easy
Faerie - Two tamers ran out of bandages and mana healing a G Drag and a Cu before we killed it by the skin of our teeth
Goblins - I think a crafter could kill these.

So - scale reward based on difficulty...like always.

Just my opinion, and we know what that's worth.

~M

just thought i'd drop a wow on some of your bad times hehe...
for my pets, never had a cu die to anything in SA, and as far as the rats go, only takes me 25 mins to solo with drag, hiryu, cu, dread horse, or reptalon... altho i guess blessin pet and cursing renowned kinda helped speed up the progress :)

Kire

Kire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
We need to have more gold absorbed by the game, the problem is too much gold floating around. Get rid of fortification powder, have more high value items bought directly from the game, this will help decrease the amount of gold in the game. Maybe have more spring cleaning events.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boost, loot, monsters, renowned