Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Can anyone confirm the new cloak drop rate?

- - - - - cloak confirm drop rate

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Hello all -

In a way, I'm very sad that they changed the drop rate of the new cloak in the Abyss. Can anyone confirm that the darn things are still dropping? I've killed the fellow that drops them a dozen times now, with no luck.

Thanks-
~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
They drop.

If I were to guess, I'd say an average of one in ten kills, but I don't have enough data to confirm or deny that, except for the whole "they drop" bit.
Posted Image

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
whats on the new cloak ?

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I dont even know what theyre talking about.

Apparently theres a cloak somewhere, with unknown stats, that drops off of an unknown monster. :)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The monster's name is "Tyball's Shadow."

The "cloak" (actually a robe) is the shroud of the condemned, and has the look of Abyssal Cloth (new color cloth found on rat-men in the Abyss).

The stats are +5 HP, +3 int (or the other way around).

Tyball's Shadow is located at the top of the big ankh in the underworld, and you need to kill him to get the yellow key required for access to the Abyss.

Rumor has it that Tyball's Shadow will cease dropping the robes after the 27th, but I can't find any official reference to that.
Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I can't imagine they'd have it stop dropping robes. How foolish to create a situation where only those who camped endlessly and selfishly get to profit.

If this is under consideration, I implore the Devs to leave the cloak in!

~M

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
They need to stop creating limited-availability items if they ever hope to reduce the inflation in Luna.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

They need to stop creating limited-availability items if they ever hope to reduce the inflation in Luna.

Agreed. "Limited Availability" is discouraging for new players as well.

I've lost my fair share of items, but I wish they'd stop getting rid of incentives such as Treasures of Tokuno for players to go places and have fun exploring at the same time!

Just my take on it....

But really, how often do people do the tokuno champ these days? I mean....all that work for a chance at getting a futon?

=)

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I agree. Things like ToT should be permanent. It would get a lot more people out there.

Much like Paragons in Ilshenar, they should introduce worthwhile rewards that will get people to want to explore a lot of the stuff in the game.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Not to mention many of the ToT items can be unraveled for relic fragments, which are highly needed for imbuing top end stuff and somewhat hard to come by if you didn't horde cursed arties, ToT stuff, marties, etc.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Not to mention many of the ToT items can be unraveled for relic fragments, which are highly needed for imbuing top end stuff and somewhat hard to come by if you didn't horde cursed arties, ToT stuff, marties, etc.

Bwahaha, I stockpile an assortment of junk! All varieties!

My junk items are reknowned shard-wide for taking up space and crushing pack animals!

Seriously, though, has anyone tried to unravel a Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune?

Would they, given that I've seen them on vendors for 8.5 mil and up?

[Can I has free one?=)]

Principessa

Principessa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I got a cloak last week

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

why waste and ToTs you might still have? Save them, they will turn on that event again. Besides relic fragments can be crafted.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Uus Corp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloak, confirm, drop, rate