Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

RP Alliance Guidelines

- - - - - alliance guidelines rp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I began working on this document some time ago. It is still not finished, but I will post what I have thus far. If anyone has any other suggestions or comments, post them! Also keep in mind I still have more to add to this.

So the first rule of thumb is, treat this as an alliance of friends. Treat each other with the respect and courtesy you would extend to your friends. Conflicts invariably arise. Playing UO can sometimes be like watching reality TV and sometimes there are tensions between people. I urge you to be as mature as possible and keep these conflicts confined to discussion and not actions in game. What's more, I offer to mediate conflicts if you wish, I cannot guarantee results as I can't exactly say past mediation has worked out great, but I will do my best to be fair. Everyone in the alliance needs to enjoy a level of expectations about their safety being in the alliance.

This brings us to safeguards in the event a guild pk joins a guild or someone gets angry and runs amok. If this should occur, I will try to remove the guild from the alliance quickly as possible to protect everyone else. Individual guild leaders can remove their guild from the alliance as well to protect their members. Once the immediate crisis has been resolved, everyone can rejoin. Thankfully, we haven't yet had a guild pk affect the alliance yet *knock on wood*.

This brings us to our own policies on alliance status and freedom of choice. I personally don't believe in the "if you're not with us, you're against us" ideology. If the RP Alliance isn't for you, you're more then welcome to depart with no hard feelings on my part. If you are in good standing with the alliance, you are welcome to return. Some guilds have departed to take part in wars. Others have departed to experiment with Factioins. Still others have departed simply because it was more comfortable for them. Everyone has the freedom to make that choice for themselves and I won't make them feel bad about it.

The alliance provides the ability for combat between members, which lets us take part in duels or roleplay battles between good and evil characters. Remember that combat is strictly voluntary, however. If possible, set the battles up before hand so that everyone knows what to expect. What's more, there is no looting of fallen alliance members. There are exceptions to the rule. If someone asks you to loot their corpse to save their items from decaying, for instance, or if someone is playing a roleplaying character in an event that expects to be looted because they are carrying items that further the storyline, these are examples of the exceptions.

Another rule here is not to mistake in-character personas with the player persona. Someone might be roleplaying a rude character that doesn't mean the player is rude or trying to get under your skin. Some of the players behind evil characters are the nicest people you can meet.

One other suggestion I have is for the well being of the alliance as a whole. Let's leave political and religious commentary out of our alliance chat. That sort of commentary can lead to inflamed emotions which can lead to alliance drama. :)

Adding an additional suggestion here, don't publicly criticize the events that other alliance members run. It's not easy running events and we need more events not fewer. We don't want to discourage anyone. All events are voluntary, so if it is not your up of tea, you need not participate. Furthermore, if you show to an event and find it doesn't interest you, you can always recall out. No need to complain.

SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Another rule here is not to mistake in-character personas with the player persona. Someone might be roleplaying a rude character that doesn't mean the player is rude or trying to get under your skin. Some of the players behind evil characters are the nicest people you can meet.

Ex.) Fallon when he plays that evil Succubus of his (aka Denvrai).

Varn

Varn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Guild PK. Man that sounds like a crazy time. I never thought of something like that happening. Thanks for the heads up. Once again great post. I enjoy, love, crave even? Your guys advice. I am really happy to be here. And maybe you should create another thread. It can be called "unneeded praise" thread, so I can just go in there and type this there. LoL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alliance, guidelines, rp