Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Forgive me I am new and this question may sound stupid but...

- - - - - forgive question sound stupid

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guest_RandomDanny_*

Guest_RandomDanny_*
  • Guests
Forgive me I am new and this question may sound stupid but I have two questions that need answering before I decide if I want to spend money on UO:SA...

1) Does the "New Player UO:SA" pack give a new player everything that they need to fully enjoy UO like all the previous add-on's ect?

2) I have signed up for a 14 day free trail will I still be able to purchase the "New Player UO:SA" pack and get the free 30 days as well?

Again sorry if this is in the wrong area or if these questions sounds stupid but I like to make informed choices before buying stuff and I've tried looking for the answers on this forum with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

~Danny

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
As for 1) Yes, UO has always been a buy the latest and get access to all previous expansions

Not sure on how the 14 Day works. Sorry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
The new player SA pack is basically an account code for a new account. If you have a trial account, you can pay the cheaper upgrade code, but you won't get those 30 days free. Still, saving that $10 means you basically got your 14 days free and can use that $10 towards the monthly payment. In the end, I think you come out ahead. It's what I did because I wanted to open up a brand new SA account.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Many games include previous expansions in their latest now, because if you have a lot of expansions released, it becomes awkward for the buyer to get what they want with no knowledge of the game.

Remember all of EQ's different expansions? It got ridiculous until they started only releasing all-inclusive sets.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
though I thought I read somewhere that if you bought a new account code, you did not get access to the crystal and shadow tiles sets for housing, as that was an early buyer promotion from before. Though I might have miss read that.

Sablestorm on your new account down you have crystal and shadow tiles available?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

though I thought I read somewhere that if you bought a new account code, you did not get access to the crystal and shadow tiles sets for housing, as that was an early buyer promotion from before. Though I might have miss read that.

Sablestorm on your new account down you have crystal and shadow tiles available?

The Crystal and Shadow Tiles are a feature of the 9th anniversary edition and as such they are not included with SA. It's similar to how the 8th age featured a 6th character slot, but when you bought expansions after that this feature wasn't included.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
hmmmm, I don't remember tile sets as early buy bonuses?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Personally, I find them hideous, don't feel like youre missing out on anything, lol

And the crystal furniture, crystal tileset and similar shadow items were not early buy rewards but part of the 9th Anniversary "expansion" that wasn't really an expansion.

9th Anniversary Info:
9th Anniversary - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I think the 8th age came with the sixth char clot and when you got 9th anniv. you got a chance for a seventh char slot. I'm pretty sure I've got seven chars.

Hrm. Anyway 7th anniv. came with Ultima IX: Ascension I believe. I forget what came with "Eighth Age" but then after that there was Ninth Anniv. So you had three annivesaries celebrated with a boxed game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

I think the 8th age came with the sixth char clot and when you got 9th anniv. you got a chance for a seventh char slot. I'm pretty sure I've got seven chars.

The 9th anniversary edition bounced around on that. Earlier accounts got more character slots, but no longer. The last 9th edition account I created only had 5 slots. The 7th slot is available via a UOGameCodes upgrade, just like extra housing storage is available there.

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

The 9th anniversary edition bounced around on that. Earlier accounts got more character slots, but no longer.

Well, that stinks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forgive, question, sound, stupid