After playing a couple different characters, I'm absolutely in love with my rogue! I see myself playing her quite a bit, I would love to join her to fun guild of experienced gamers, which I think everyone posting here is. I'm usually available later in the evenings and esp if there's no good soccer game on(like FC Zurich getting spanked by Real Madrid last night) and my fiancee is busy grading papers(she's a teacher), lol

After playing UO for years, I don't really have the time to be super-active and on every single night(oh, the being single days) but love lending a hand, sharing out items and such. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big RP'er but it's fine with me. I usually portray my characters as being vagabonds across dimensions as I tend to keep the same name across games. This includes my sometimes subtle, sometimes not, animosity towards elves.

In the interests of making it a fun guild for all the UOFers (and anyone else, really) that want to join - RP would probably be optional, but if you absolutely dislike it, keep it to yourself, or don't join. Play the way you want to play, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

Now seriously...

Living Prophecy: While any player character may have a role to play in the Prophecy, characters with dragonmarks are integrally tied to it. By simply moving around the world, a dragonmarked character is serving as a living parchment. Whenever he meets another dragonmarked character, that interaction may have oracular significance. As a result, the Chamber could stage elaborate scenarios just to get two dragonmarked characters in a particular location at the same time. This is especially relevant if the party has a recurring villain or rival with a dragonmark -- perhaps an unknown destiny links hero and villain together.

It seems we all have some sort of Dragon Blood in our veins...

What about...

The Crimson Alliance

Dragonmarked? haven't heard that term before. I have some dragon scars....... and they really ache sometimes. But they are scratches on my pride, not my character. I gather that a new guild is being formed? perhaps a R/p guild? Straighten me out on it Pitr........ I might be missing the point of this thread

Experiencing technical difficulties patching the game. If anyone could tell me the ports needed by the game and/or the patcher I would be much obliged since I'm fairly certain it's my router that's to blame.

That said, eventually the halfling Bard Halanbrac Jorasco will come to greet the Sosarian Alliance.

Google proclaimeth 9000-9010

The official tech support article itself is vague:

Firewall Configuration | Dungeons & Dragons Online

A more lenghty post from a Turbine support dood:

Quick Troubleshooting Connection Issues - Updated: 7/29/2009 - The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums

If anyone could tell me the ports needed by the game and/or the patcher I would be much obliged since I'm fairly certain it's my router that's to blame.
Google proclaimeth 9000-9010

The official tech support article itself is vague:

Firewall Configuration | Dungeons & Dragons Online

A more lenghty post from a Turbine support dood:

Quick Troubleshooting Connection Issues - Updated: 7/29/2009 - The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums

I found the problem. It's time for my Kefka impression.

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE WINDOWS!!! :getmastick:

For some reason MSIE was configured to use a proxy server, which it's not supposed to! Of course, actual quality software like Firefox and such worked fine, but the Turbine Launcher is apparently based on MSIE, so it was broken, too.

:BangHead:

Time for corvak to have a nerd moment!

"Welcome to my barbecue! Mwa ha ha ha ha!"

The launcher uses MSIE because it is the only way for Turbine to know that it's guaranteed to work. Because all XP and later systems have IE5 or higher. It is like writing code for a console, it allows you to know exactly what the end user will see, reducing difficulties for your technical support people.

More recently, with the rise of Firefox, many programs have changed to be able to give priority to the default browser, instead of IE.

When DDO was first launched, (Early 2006) Firefox was still largely a less often used browser, typically used only by open source enthusiasts and some gamers. Up until mainstream web developers took it seriously, even gamers didn't use it much, as many common website elements did not have firefox plugins for windows yet. Firefox 2 was the first one that really gained widespread use, and it wasn't released until the end of 2006.