Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Draconi why cant mages cast all spells in other towns like Vesper and Papua?

- - - - - cast draconi mages papua spells towns vesper

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO.UHall

We want to use our spellbooks please and yes this includes EVs and EQs and any other summons to help us umm battle?? I would really like to be more than just a healer this time around and do battle like I have been in Vesper and Papua.

I am quite capable of flipping open my spellbook and using all spells but they are useless against the Generals and Up. Please reconsider this move as you are seriously limiting us in this "community" effort of taking back our towns. Once I get past moongate areas in Skara Brae I have to sit back and watch the battle wage on wanting to throw my spellbook at the generals for all the help I am.

Can you please turn the guardzones off or whatever it is was done in Vesper and Papua that allow mages to be an active part of the battle?

and

/signed!

Although i join in the fray primarily as a healer, sometimes i need to throw out an EV or something as a distraction while i resurrect someone or keep another ophid from joining an already hard-pressed group until reinforcements arrive to handle it. There are also times when my healing spells aren't needed, but a few well timed chain lightnings or meteor storms might be nice.

So yes. Please adjust Skara to be in keeping with the current combat rules of Vesper and Papua!

Draconi UO Designer

Draconi why cant mages cast all spells in other towns like Vesper and Papua?

Because I forgot to remove the guard zone in part of Skara Brae, Trammel.

It should be alright in Felucca though, and all of Serpent's Hold should be castable. Have you found any other spots? We're planning to update the invasion very soon. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I love honest and straight up answers like that.

"Why is xxx not working?"
"Because I forgot/messed up/couldn't be arsed to do it"

Go dev team! :)

(and uhh, no, there is no sarcasm here)

Posted Image

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Also explains why snakes and Berserkers were getting guard whacked in Skara.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Good Show, Draconi! Just taking care of it and not hedging around...

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
The first few nights we had a group of 4 SWers and all had Arctic OLs. We were using them on the Generals, they were doing great. With the 6 or 7 of us in the group we were able to keep em healed and alive enough to take out quite a few Generals. Now I dont fight them with anything BUT my swordsman with a soulseeker. Haven't died yet! That is the key. This part in the invasion, unfortunately for mages, is a dexxer advantage invasion.

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
I have to say, at least it was an honest answer :)

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good answer, now fix it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cast, draconi, mages, papua, spells, towns, vesper