Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Void Demons

- - - - - demons void

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Hello All!

I love the way the void demons look, but I'm curious as to how they work. I see all sorts of big, little and variably aggressive ones floating around - but I never see them mutant / evolve / grow.

Can someone fill me in on the lore and on the mechanics of how these work? Is there a quest involving them?

Thanks!

~M

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Are they the same as the void daemons that attacked Magincia?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
yes there is a quest, talk to the garg standing across from the public soulforge in ter mur. as for how they work? I do not have a clue, have not seen them evolve and I have seen them attack other creatures.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
This post was stolen from Frarc over on stratics Drachenfels forum:

Have you seen those black oily monsters around? Those are the one that drop Void Essence.

These are the names:

Void Plague

· An invasion of Ter Mur by creatures from the Void

· Creatures begin as small, slime-like manifestations called “Korpre” and can evolve into different void monsters based on their interactions with the environment

· A Korpre can either kill another mob, survive for a set period of time, or group together with other Korpre in order to evolve

· Evolution can create “Ortanord” void monsters as a byproduct

Killing Path

· Betballem

· Ballem

· Usagralem Ballem (mini-boss)

Grouping Path

· Anlozen

· Anlorlem

· Anlorvaglem (mini-boss)

Survival Path

· Anzuanord

· Relanord

· Vasanord (mini-boss)

I did some playing with the killing and grouping paths and found that I can entice the korpre to "evolve" into Betballem by having them attack something weak for a while (I think it took about 15 minutes of doing damage). A fresh tamed skree is ideal for this purpose, as it has low wrestling and a lot of hit points.

I even once managed to turn a Betballem into a Ballem, which bored the tar out of me. But that was in letting the Betballem attack a newly tamed lowloand boura.

I didn't get to the highest end of that yet, but it's a goal.

Then I locked up four korpre in an area they would have trouble getting out of. I checked back every few minutes and after a while, three of them were gone and an Anlozen was in the space. I didn't see the grouping and don't know exactly how or when they "combined".

I didn't manage to get that one any higher.

I don't know how I can test the survival path without a private house. People are just too bloodthirsty and wind up killing them before they survive too long. I have seen Anzuanord and Relanord in way out of the way places. I didn't kill any.

Moral of story: don't kill the void stuffs unless you are on a specific quest to kill them.
Posted Image

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Embrace the 'Prt SC' button!
Posted Image "Self-Righteousness is the only Sin!" Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: demons, void