Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

2d client vs. Enhance client

- - - - - 2d client enhance

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
What's the difference between the 2?

Hubby wanted to remove the KR client yesterday. Now I'm not sure what he did but he said, all other clients were uninstalled as well (2d, enhanced, SA). I felt bad cause he had finally figured out the macros in SA, he's been out hunting too, and then it's gone.

We got the 2d client back, but just wanted to check what the difference is between 2d and EC? Do I really need to d/l the enhanced client?

We're gonna be downloading SA again.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I'm a little confused on your question.

The 2D client is still the same.

The KR client has been discontinued and replaced by the SA client, which a completely seperate download. The SA client is also known as the Enhanced Client.

Both have full access to all areas and such of UO, including the new lands and dungeons.

The SA/Enchanced client has newerish graphics and special effects, but also has slightly higher system requirements. If your computer can handle either, then it's really a matter of personal preference.

I find the lands, buildings and monsters look nicer with the Enhanced Client, but don't care for the player avatars. The Enhanced Client also has many things to help make UO easier to play such as a hotbar, slot-based storage, etc. but some people have reported having slower performance and even crashes.

Basically, try and decide which client is better for you and your computer.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
The "Enhanced Client" interface is pretty much the same as KR, if you were familiar with that (without all the bugs and crashing!) :)

Personally, I am loving the Enhanced Client (i.e. the SA client) right out of the box, but I liked KR too, so... I find the graphics in the Enhanced to be a perfect mix of old and new.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Thanks guys... I got confused. He just told me we lost all clients when he uninstalled KR. So I'll be dowloading SA tonight.

Hi Kit! Haven't seen you in a while...

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I don't think KR should uninstall all other UO clients on your computer. It is in the same subfolder as Samurai Empire under EA Games, perhaps he just deleted the shortcuts by accident but the game is still there. I would be a bit annoyed if all my macros on all my accounts and chars were wiped.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Yep, I agree with Tancred, it should still be there, especially if you went with defaults.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

numtini

numtini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The enhanced client is kind of an improved KR user interface with UO3d graphics.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Hey Ally! Finally have some UO time :P

I uninstalled KR and it didn't change 2D or the SA client. (I had all 3 on there for a bit).

Lobber

Lobber

Level Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I hate the new client

I'm old skool all the way

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Did you try playing with it for at least a couple hours? It at least deserves a fair shake.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

I hate the new client

I'm old skool all the way

Did you try it? My hubby swore before that he would only play on 2d. He didn't even play on the old 3d client. Tried KR and gave up. He tried SA and he likes it now.

He still plays 2d about 90% of the time, but he hunts on the SA client sometimes. It just took a little getting used to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2d, client, enhance