Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old players might return.

- - - - - players return

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Fractal

Fractal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all i was wondering if uo has offered a old school based server yet. Something around pub 17 at the latest. I played uo from beta to about aos release and quit due to new content i didnt care for. Then i bought ummm i think it was kingdom reborn? Not 100% sure tried that and ya it wasnt something i enjoyed either. Mainly im looking to know if they offer old school shards or if pking is still active in the game or do you only get to pk skilled players instead of random lumberjacks and miners in the woods by brit? Well if someone would let me know id much appericate it.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Short answer: No.

Longer answer: If you go to Siege Perilous shard, maybe.

True answer: if you didn't like AoS, then you won't like anything since AoS.
Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Typically, no, you can't go 'gank noobs'. Siege Perilous is your best bet for world pvp, however. But everyone playing there, goes there for just that reason. If you see someone outside of town, you can attack them.

Allowing unskilled players to be pk'd is generally a bad business move, as said unskilled players will click the cancel button in account management.

Also regarding freeshards, it's generally frowned upon talking about them here, and absolutely no names are to be mentioned :)

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I'm an old vet and remember the early days of Fel. The business side of the company determined that wholesale "noob-ganking" was bad for business and not the only intent of UO.

I have a presence on Siege and I go there, not to gank noobs, but to have fun with other adults. I play with others and situations accept PvP. It opens an RPing realm that is less available in the Trammel-based areas.

AND, in Tram ruleset areas, the guilds often have structured PvP. Things like "kill the GM on any Sunday" or "King of the Graveyard" and other such team events. We have gotten screen shots of guild members circled around a Fel-scripter before his fate is determined. The ale run (social) afterwards is always good.

The focus of UO is a lot wider and with more character options/depth. I guess I don't know anyone that "noob-ganks". But, PvP is definitely out there.

Clex

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
By no means did I mean all PvPers (or all PKers for that matter) are 'noob gankers' but a certain subset of those wishing for pre trammel shards tend to be the type.

Also, since you only have 5 posts....Welcome to UOForums :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: players, return