Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What makes a Crafter?

- - - - - crafter makes

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
An Orc Mask.... My fellow Elves would kill me. I tried this crafting thing on test shard, if only I could bring some of those much coveted PoFs back to wear its needed. Never have I faced the possibility of death from my peers on both facets. The simple thought of sitting in Luna or Occulo filling BoDs ios killing me in real life as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Its the orcish Visage, the one that gives you 10 str. As a miner and LJer you need as much str as possible. I run with 150 str and as human also. You need to be able to carry as many stones as possible. I have a 8/7 str jewel combo + the visage, 150 str. Also it gives me 125 hp, so when a pker decides he wants to hit me, I dont go down in 2 hits.. hehe..

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I think an evasion crafter is in order. I can get ore from killing miners and charging a tax to use the resources of Fellucia. :)

120 black smith
120 spell resist
120 magery
120 parry
120 bushido
120 eval int

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
gotta fit mining in there somewhere, or else you will never be able to use anything but normal ore..

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Bo, your really killing my aspirations at being a crafter. My first "Goody Two shoes" Character, and he wont be able to defend himself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
It is ok to have a goody 2 shoes character that doesnt fight. You are allowed to have 1 passive character. Most people who pvp do... Your friends wont think any less of you for doing it. So the first step is acceptance.... Oh, and then dont tell them who it is or that you have it. Although everyone has one of these characters, they never speak of them!!!!!

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

gotta fit mining in there somewhere, or else you will never be able to use anything but normal ore..

Huh? Why? Other ore isn't that expensive...
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
If your mining skill is 0, then you cant use other ore.

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
Yes you can... at least my Blacksmith can...

Although if you make a rubbish item with coloured ore, you can't smelt it down again I don't think. If you can, you only get one ingot back...
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
So you can make say, a val katana, without having any mining? I didnt know this, as I have never had smithy without mining. I remember getting the messege all the time saying "you have no idea how to work this metal" I thought it was in reference to my mining not being high enough when I was building the 2 skills.

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
Well, I can't actually work valorite yet, because I haven't GM'd blacksmithy, but I can deffiantely work the lower level ores. Maybe your blacksmithy skill just wasn't high enough you tried it?

My smith made a shadow iron sword not long ago, but has never had mining skill. For some reason I have that on a different character.
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
So there is hope. :) with this template, I plan on doing BoDs while I burn murder counts for gathering ore from miners. I smack them with a Bokuto, and give the drill of spell combos. I am actually looking forward to this. I can see the gold filling up my bank. Crafters, you over price your PoFs, and now you have me crafting. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Now I've seen it all, Maddux, crafting...

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I cant exactly craft yet. :( Ingots dont drop when you kill Baracoon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
I would usually put magery on a crafter before chivalry - this is just so as a carpenter you can make the abbatoir and pentagrams :) Why use a character and work a skill you wouldn't be able to completely use?

carpentry
tailoring
musicianship
magery
tinkering
blacksmithy
(can 120 the above or add something like alchemy, fletching or inscription)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Cause I have a friend who already made mine for me..hehe.. I use chiv cause its only 60 points and I dont need to wear lrc, I can use str+ bonus and dex+ bonus armor. Plus this lets me keep my tinkering at 32, so my trap boxes I make arent very strong at all. And I dont ever even want to even remotely stumble across the thought of entering my mind to become a bard or making items to support them either.....ech!!

I am probably throwing away my carpentry though, as the new hpr is capped at 18, and my 40+ suit I was working on will be pointless now. So since throwing away fletching(I hate archers, and mine was for 1 reason, to kill other archers that were WOD/AI gimps, so I enhanced bows for him) and carpentry, I can now probably throw away LJ, but may keep it, and use swds, tact, and something else and be a LJ axer....

Or add alchemy so I can make my own pots. I grow orange plants to supply the guild with those nice little orange petals.. Yes, I am a pvper who grows plants. But I throw them away after their 8 petals have been stripped.. hehe..

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You can grow plants in this game?? :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

You can grow plants in this game?? :)

Yes, Maddux. I understand Yew Ficus is a specialty of some.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Its such a wonderful plant. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
where do you think the orange petals come from....... gotta spend 9 days growin them, then 8 days pluckin them, but that takes no skill to use to do it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafter, makes