Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What makes a Crafter?

- - - - - crafter makes

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Whats a good templete for a "Crafter"?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Mine goes like this.
120 smith
120 tailor
100 fletching
100 mining
100 carpentry
100 LJ
60 chiv

gonna take off fletching tho, as my archer has served his purpose(kill all the other archers earlier in the year) and is dead, and gonna put tinkering on instead

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
100 LJ
100 Carpentry
120 Tactics
120 Swords
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chiv

:)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I likes Dip's templete, means I can fight back. :) now if I can just get some some PoFs with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
thats the thing, you wont without smithy...gotta be able to make the items to fill the bods to get the powder to buff up your armor. Its a vicious cycle!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
That's easy!

120 Blacksmith
120 Tailor
100 Mining
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med

:)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
thats more like it! Just find a SC mage weapon smiths hammer and you're set! hehe..

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
NO Spell Resist!! *para*explode*para*explode*etc....... Dip would kill me just for general practise..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you dont have to go to fel to be a successful crafter....I built my crafter up entirely walking around Umbra. Nothing there but the ore elementals when using a gargoyle pickaxe. That is unless you have guildies that want to come pick on you while you're trammifying it up! hehe..

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
If I sat in Trammel crafting, then those trammies would be whinning to me about how its unfair they cant get do spawns. Your just trying to torture me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

If I sat in Trammel crafting, then those trammies would be whinning to me about how its unfair they cant get do spawns. Your just trying to torture me.

NEVER - EVER - EVER .... NEVER!! ONCE have i whinned about doing not doing spawns!!

HAVE AT EM i say .. and i will await your return, to repair your armor and weapons then share cookies while listening to the tales of how fierce the spawn was upon you .. :grin:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
An even harder question, Is what does a crafter wear?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

An even harder question, Is what does a crafter wear?

I can personally tell you what this crafter DOES NOT wear ... GREY!!!!!! :P

Posted ImagePosted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You have nothing to worry about Queen Mum, I am a role player 99% of the time. :) Grey is such a nuetral color anyway, perhaps a red tint would be more fitting. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Whats a good templete for a "Crafter"?

Say it isn't so! :'(

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Don't worry Eowyna, back to killing I go.. Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to kill a blue I go......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
A crafter is a character with a crafting skill, capable and willing to craft stuff. Duh :grin:

To make a "mule" however, you stack every possible craft skill on it so you don't have to put any on other chars, thus leaving them to be as effective as possible in killing whatever it is they kill. This approach I think does much to kill the interaction in game, and is why I always thought craft skills should be limited on one character. As in, you take up smithy, you can't take up tailoring on the same char, etc etc. Makes for diversity and/or the need to "sacrifice" more chars if you want to be self-sufficient.

(yes I know not all chars like that are mules per se, some folks really do play them as active crafters. I just can't find a better word for it.)

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Adrianna, your killing me. Crafters are way too over powered if they can hold us Fellucians Hostage, by over pricing PoFs, and repairs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
If there was a market for crafted goods, there'd be no need to overcharge for the few remaining desireable things a crafter can produce. But along with AoS the crafters' livelihood pretty much got axed and here we are now...

... anyhoo, if people don't buy at the insane price, the price will come down. If people are willing to pay that, then of course that's what will be asked. Inflation/dupes means more and more people will pay any stupid price for things since they have gold coming out of their backsides.

Ummm, I guess all I'm saying here is we're screwed :-/

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you know what my crafter wears? He wears mining gloves, orc mask(10+str) the dex sleeves when I LJ, and all the rest is spined leather so he has phys resist. Other than that, its nothing special. I use chiv, so he uses tithing. I know crafters that wear plain jane LRC suits who use magery.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafter, makes