Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How big is SA download

- - - - - big download sa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bazil

bazil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Anybody know how big the SA download is? I have dialup and just finished two huge patches this week. I can't find anywhere where a disk is available for purchase. Are they trying to drive dial up accounts away? Either they are, or don't care!

Thanks for the help!

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I'm not home right now but it is somewhere around big! Yet nowadays I have Verizon Fios... The game seems just as fast as usual than it did on dialup but downloads are more convient. I don't crash my connection in the middle of them from stupid lag disconnect.

Oh... if you don't want the Enhanced Client you can play with your regular 2D client as it will upgrade via patching. The Enhanced Client can be downloaded from the EA Download Manager & I think that has a resumable download option. I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
If I recall correctly when I patched it was 332 MB (for the SA art work) then another ~40 MB patch the day of release
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
If I recall correctly, the SA client was somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 gigabytes.

So I would suggest having a good book or two...

Or going with the classic client which is significantly smaller.

And just having a good book.
Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
Going from a classic client that was updated and working before last week, its about 300-400mb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big, download, sa