Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Player aka Complete Noob

- - - - - aka complete noob player

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SConstance

SConstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was getting bored of the other games so I decided I would try UO, from what I remember it was a really popular game a long time ago and still is, and after messing with other MMOs that just left me frustrated after a certain level I decided to come back to something simpler, or is it? I can't figure anything out, first fight I did I died. Do you have any hints or a link to a completely new player's tutorial that would be helpful?

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
You arrived in a nice day... because the game is going to be new for everyone!

i would start here...

Skill Templates
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
Hi, friend. Welcome to UO! Here are some resources I've found helpful:

1. UO Stratics - at one point in time, this website became a little outdated, but they've been working hard lately to update re: new content. Of particular interest are the various calculators. Ever wondered what your mana regeneration rate is, taking into account your int, meditation, mr, and focus? You'll find a calculator for this and other numbers-related questions.

2. Stratics' Hunter's Guide - This is a fantastic database detailing various info about the assorted beasts of Britannia. I use it a great deal, especially to reference the required taming to gain control of a particular pet.

3. UOGuide - A UO-related wiki page. For the most up-to-date info, this is a good place to look.

4. UO Powergamers - This site is a few years outdated. However, you'll find many helpful skill training ideas from other players. Some aspects never change.

5. UOCraft - I use this website's Pet Power Calculator to rate my pets, as well as the Pet Control Chance Calculator to ensure that I won't have any control/loyalty problems when using a pet. Keep in mind that pet ratings are very subjective: this calculator won't tell you definitively if you have a good pet, but it will give you a general idea how your pet's stats relate to its maximum possible stats.

6. Forums, including Stratics Forums, UOForums, and other forums that relate to your shard - Forums are a great resource for individual help or time sensitive issues, such as template help, known client issues, events, trading, etc.

Hope this helps! Not sure what shard you're on, but if you ever end up on Atlantic, grab any United We Fight member and ask for "Fallon." I'll be happy to assist you however I can. Good luck!

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
If you tell us which shard you picked, maybe someone will offer some ingame guidance :)

If you are on Drachenfels for example, I would gladly provide advise and basic equipment to get you started.

SConstance

SConstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My current character is on Chesapeake though it doesn't really matter, I've maybe killed 10-15 skellies and that's easy enough to do. I can switch to whatever server if someone is willing to help.

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
Chessy is a good, populated shard. Shouldn't be hard to find a guild that's willing to give you the assistance you need.

Anyone familiar with Chessy guilds who could direct him?

Phoenix_DWxC

Phoenix_DWxC

Deputy Mayor of Dragon's Watch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Greetings and welcome to the world of Sosaria...I play on Chessy and am part of the guild DWxC. We are often in Haven and offer help getting players on their path to riches and rewards. Our guild is made of 95% returning and new players so everyone is at different levels and can all learn from each other. If you let me know what time you are on will see that we have someone there to get you going and out of Haven in no time. One can only kill skeletons for so long lol. Also there are other helpful people in Haven look for Chargar often at the bank.

Staticonatlantic

Staticonatlantic

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Welcome to UO.

SConstance

SConstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My Chesapeake character is a warrior by the name of Hadar. I figured Warrior would be easy to learn the game with.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Welcome to UO. If you happen to visit Pacific, let us know and we'll do what we can to help. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aka, complete, noob, player