Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Crafters ARGh!!!!

- - - - - argh crafters

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Trust me, I haven't forgot. Crafters whine about wanting to make something new and artifact like. How about just let the Devs work on something so we can kill each other in new and exciting ways with what we already have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Like what?

New special moves for weapons that actually apply to the weapon, say, a smith's hammer has a special called "Dead-Leg" which targets their enemies thigh and hinders them to walking speed for 8-10 seconds?

Lucky Strike Vendors

Lucky Strike Vendors

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
And another reason for the high crafter prices are the high prices the warriors charge for the items they collect along with the gold they farm.

I am not complaining about it however because I could make an uber warrior and go fight the monsters if that were my play style. My motto is live and let live. hehe

I strive to keep my vendor prices low enough for everyone but cover the time I spend gathering the materials and making the items to place on the vendors. I imagine everyone else does that too.
Safe Travels and Happy Endings! :)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
The very risk warriors take justifies the cost. Sitting back filling a BoD, getting a reward is no risk, its Highway Robbery!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Maddux if only you were on Drachenfals your complaints have been noted, and if I saw you I would give you a dozen POFs just to make you stop, and I trust you would probably give me some thing of equal value, other than the sharp end of your sword. :)
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I believe we have a presence on Drachs :)

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I was under the impression that you two have a presence on every shard. or is it just in the stories that old PVPers tale around the fire at night. :)
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I do have an extensive presence on many shards, but the Maddux who needs the PoFs is trapped on shard with Crafter Mafioso types who inflate the cost of everything to seperate me from my gold coin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Alright, Maddux, I have imported some pof's from a third world shard where they haven't advanced their civilization far enough to utilize them, so the price was more reasonable. Just for you, a'maelamin! :) I hope it helps.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Mela en' coiamin, Lle ume quel. Cormamin lindua ele lle Mani nae umien. Oio naa elealla alasse', A'maelamin Eowyna. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

The very risk warriors take justifies the cost. Sitting back filling a BoD, getting a reward is no risk, its Highway Robbery!!

No risk not true. less risk yes but a lot more time. There is a lot more time invested in the crafting then in the killing.

tell you what Maddux you get the bods for me and all the materials to complete them and I'll let you turn them in for the reward.

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Getting BoDs are Free, and digging around on the ground for ore is no risk whatsoever. All of this can be done from the safety of a guard zone in Trammel. Just being me is full of risks. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Isnt that insane?!? i recall only just a few months ago i could pick up a jar for 75k.
Why did the Value decide to triple and why i wonder?

Cause people hate doing BoDS, its going to get worse when people that supply POF are forced to do it by hand rather then the helper prog they use now.

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Getting BoDs are Free, and digging around on the ground for ore is no risk whatsoever. All of this can be done from the safety of a guard zone in Trammel.

You are absolutely right, but what we do get is hours and hours and hours of really tedious repetition just click click clicking on the same thing just to get a Gargolye's pickaxe, so you can imagine how long it must take to make something as valuable as POFs. I have missed meals in my quest to do a large bod, just to keep a fighter happy. I think you should pay more not less for all our troubles. :)
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

...You are absolutely right, but what we do get is hours and hours and hours of really tedious repetition just click click clicking on the same thing ....

Those of us who do spawns, do the same thing. Again, those who craft take no risk and those who do spawns take all the risk. Of crafters we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain

Maddux
Bandit King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Now is that a insult or compliment, because you may be right. :)
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I have learned alot about crafters lately, as they are impossible to slay in Luna and they are unwavering in their prices.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
We need to incorporate haggling with their vendors.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
We need to be able to kill a vender. Venders are too sympathetic to Crafter Mafioso types any way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

I have learned alot about crafters lately, as they are impossible to slay in Luna and they are unwavering in their prices.

It is not impossible to kill a crafter in Luna you just drop a trapped box in the right place and when they open it "oOOooOOo", but you do have to be a crafter to make the box or buy one from them. hehe
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: argh, crafters