Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Patch Update

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
To ease the transition to launch day, we are providing a patch for players who use the Classic Client. This is an update to the art associated with the new content. We recommend patching the 332 MB download before Tuesday’s major update: Publish 60!

Stay tuned for more updates!

More...

Aeryr Silverleaf

Aeryr Silverleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
What was the patch number for this patch anyways just trying to figure out if my current version of UO was actually updated after the patch cause to me looks like my UO verison is the same as it was before the patch but I didnt get any errors while patching.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Why have they not learned? These large patches on the 2D client cause many problems for users with slower, older machines. Should have been broken down into 3 or 4 smaller patches. Though I have a new computer and a good connection, I know some players that are still on dail-up because broadband has not made it out to their area. Oh well good luck with the download.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
330MB is probably the smallest MMO expansion patch since ML, actually. On average, a major content patch for a typical MMO is 500mb-1gb, and a bug fix is 100mb.

It is unfortunate, but the average internet user has gone broadband, so 56k people are kinda ignored.

Aeryr Silverleaf

Aeryr Silverleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
So is the UO version after this patch for classic client[2d users] 16.0.14.3 still til SA launchs or should our UO version now read 16.0.14.4? Reason I ask is it took forever for the installer to apply the new patch and my current version of uo still reads 16.0.14.3 so wondering if the patch didnt take or something.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

330MB is probably the smallest MMO expansion patch since ML, actually. On average, a major content patch for a typical MMO is 500mb-1gb, and a bug fix is 100mb.

It is unfortunate, but the average internet user has gone broadband, so 56k people are kinda ignored.

Yes, but if you will recall that ML was broken up into 3 patches for users at that time. And if it was just the associated art as was stated then there should not have been major trouble to break it into 3 or 4 patches. Just trying to look out for the older player with the slower computer which UO still runs fine on.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
well the 2d client in beta was about 1gb, so maybe they are splitting it...

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
i have cable and this dl is takeing forever

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
its the patcher, its ridiculously slow.

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

Diminished Responsibility and Ginger.. Apparently..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
blah im one of those poor people that lives in an area where broadband isnt available yet...I live in the middle of nowhere... Very pretty but sucks for online gaming! :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Just as a point of information. I have cable took me about 12 minutes to d/l and install the 330 "pre-patch" I'm sitting on version 6.0.14.3 (Patch 80) for the 2d/Legacy client.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
12 minute? yikes... Im on an hour and i've done about 1.5 cm of the bar.. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
As much as I feel with Chloe and other who are on very poor connection, this is probably a very small percentage of the player base and should not be the foremost consideration for the devs. just my humble opinion.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

As much as I feel with Chloe and other who are on very poor connection, this is probably a very small percentage of the player base and should not be the foremost consideration for the devs. just my humble opinion.

This is true. Most developers aim for the majority of their users, and these days, that's a computer less than two years old, and at least a DSL connection.

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
sadly this is true (for me anyways :D) I didn't even know you couldnt get broadband everywhere in England (well apart from the top of a mountain.. or something..hehe) until i moved here.. My friend lives about 10 mins drive from me on the other side of the village and he gets broadband... Meh! :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Grab a mem stick and go to his home... tell him you are an UOhoolic and he BETTER let you download the patch...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chloe la Mare

Chloe la Mare

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
oh wow thats such a good idea! i didnt think of that!! As soon as the other half gets home with the car!

Im only halfway there download wise!! *giggles*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vesper Milita

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Yeah there are still a lot of areas in the States with no broadband access.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

You know I would go with your arguement if UO subscriptions were heading up towards the all time high of ~250-300K payers. But since we are not and I know many players that still play UO, just because it still runs on just about any computer you can turn on. Some consideration should be made for the slower paying customers. Would it really have mattered for us fast downloaders if it was 3 or 4 patches? No. But it would have helped slower players.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well.. I must say - I am pissed about the shutdown of KR support. SA didn't even reach a usable state! Hear me? BAD EA!! VERY VERY BAD EA! - but who didn't see this comming ;(