Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

SA housing

- - - - - housing sa

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Been a few posts about 'When will housing be opened up in the new SA lands' over on Stratics, and Draconi just wrote a very interesting answer :

"Well, placing houses in Ter Mur requires a certain level of "loyalty" to the Queen, and no one's gonna have it at start. They'll have to earn it through gameplay. We'll post more on this soon, but no, first-to-login won't be first-to-place. (Although they *will* have a starting advantage in the race)"

I'm really pleased with this approach, should help avoid the 'opening day scramble' when people place anything, anywhere, just to get a plot, and allows for an element of immersion/interaction in the world affecting a game mechanic. :thumbup:

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Just started exploring Ter Mur, tonight 9-10-2009 and there are already a few housing plots with foundations on them at least on Lake Superior shard. Oh well, I guess loyalty is not what it used to be.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Chessy's are almost gone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
While I'm not surprised some, if not most, have been snapped up in short order, *at least* it is an improvement, albeit small, over people who pre-ordered and overnight shipped as in expansions past, or had beta client already loaded or even had some house placement script running.

It is a small step forward, but a step nonetheless!

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Well in Ter Mur it wasnt all that easy. You had to go get your loyalty points up to 10,000 to make you a noble.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
I found loyalty scarily easy to gain... I'm only playing a few hours per day, and spending a lot of that trying out the new quests, being confused about imbuing, and just exploring - and my necro mage was past the 10k loyalty points by Friday, so if I can do it bumbling around it's not surprising people who set out to do it got their points in the first day or so.

It's an intriguing system, which might allow for some interesting choices to be made later on - will loyalty decay if you don't keep working on it? Will other factions get loyalty so you have to decide which you support, if you can't have 'split loyalties'?

It's a good first stab at a system, although a little too easy this time round, and a bit too open to 'point harvesting'. I'm really interested to see how this is developed in the future.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Be really kewl if loyalty decays and you could fall out of favor with the queen and so your house starts to decay and you must either get your loyalty back up or get moving on finding a new home.

Monarchs rewards valor and service to the crown, not idleness and window dressing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing, sa