Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

chariots!!!!........[the players have finally lost it ]

- - - - - chariotsthe finally lost players

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO.UHall

that would be so awesome to see in game!2 people in one chariot and one person drives while the other kills stuff!!
they could be like swamp dragons where you get a damage reduction. and they could be fitted with things like blades on the wheels!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously?

Helicopters! One pilots the thing and the other shoots the minigun!

Hey! I would really like ridable elephants ! Chariot is a neat idea too though.

Well, if I'm going to have a chariot I want a mountable machine gun for it.

] What's so outrageous about any medevil era war machine in the game? I especially like the idea if it REQUIRED more than one person to use it. Cooperation and community among players could be built. Community building on many of the shards is on the rise. Community does NOT mean every one is friends, it means more are becomming involved as a whole. Even warring guilds are community. How much more interesting would a good ol slugfest between to warring guilds be with a couple of charriots, elephants, siege towers, catapults, etc. I think the items should be able to be destroyed, repaired, and hell, maybe even "created" by say gm or better craftesmen. Animals used for them bonded or no? But thats a whole new topic....
Don't be put off by folks jammin ya on a different idea, ya never know what might come of it. After all, some one some where once said, "hey wouldn't it be cool if we could turn this Ultima game into a wourld that folks from all over the world could play on?" "yeah, how bout we have cities, and houses, and magic, and....."
I appalaud your independent and free thought....keep it up.

Now personally I'd LIKE an Abrhams tank with a full compliment of well trained Marines on it, but....well....ths is UO.

] Actually it's no where near medieval, was used by alexander the great in... the 300s or so BC and used long before that by the ancient egyptians i think.

It was out-dated by medieval times, riding a horse is alot easier and more effective than driving a rickety cart around (which would be able to go thru woods and would break everytime you run into a tree or big rock, or even rough terrain)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

] brilliant!!!! i love it

now import that into the game!! :P

CatHat UO Character/Environments Artist

Chariots - Sleds and Elephants!.. OH MY!

Heh - we've talked about chariots and coaches and odd war machines in the game. Over the past few years i've seen and done my fair share of mockups on white boards about the subject in just thinking about it. Mostly just us pawing around ideas in the art department about how things liek this would look, work and be programmed.. No plans at the moment - but it doesn't mean i don't want to keep a few up my sleeve for whenever i get the opportunit to spring good ideas.

What complex land rideable interests you guys the most?

Chariots
Stagecoaches/wagons
War Machines
Sleds (while we're on the topic)
War Elephant - sitting on its neck or hidden some kind of fake tower on its back.

They're all different levels of complexity in the way we'd have to make them and the way they'd work. I'd just like to include your input on the ideas in a little brainstorm is all.

:) :) :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Something that would carry a few people would be nice. A wagon or whatever. Then of course we would have to get oxen to drag it around tho.... maybe we could use bulls? :P

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I'd say stage coaches and chariots the other stuff IS cool but doesn't seem to be very in theam with UO =P

I would like to see a ridable mount by all... one that can actually go OVER water but SMALL distances because if you can go all over then it would be just to much and they would not be very good battle pets just because of thier special ability to allow short distance travel over water. I know there is some spots in game that you need to use telaport which is not a bad thing but I do not think everyone can do it so be neat to have something that might fly as far as the telaport can cast in range.

Old hay wagons, or them BIG bicycles
Posted Image
Nothing to advanced though, like I said it wouldn't be UO's theam unless they put out an expansion being like Ultima Online: Inventions Age or something haha! Where the world finally started to have inventors learning new things and starting to move up in the technology age a bit. Singer sowing machines, typewriters, but then that will bring in telaphones and victorlias I think...

Where UO stands by theam I think that still be a little much but then again it would be pretty neat to have some of them things in the house especailly the victorlia sense I LOVE records and such in RL hehe. Needs to make that cool popping noise and crackling that some records do and occasion the needle will need to be replaced and can buy them from tinker's

I'd say we need mail boxes that you can actually "send" mail in to people from maybe the cities or maybe in the house options have an actual "mail box" where you click on it and bring up a window and able to send mail and people send you mail.

I know I been hoping for a mail service because there is this guy that lives above me on my shard and LOL I never know when he is home! He has NO mail boxes and every book I have laid on the ground in his house either has rapidly decayed or he might have not seen it and it decayed because I would love for him to make me some potions.

I am doing good I mean I can potions else where but sense he is a neighbor I'd like to give him some money. He only makes certain kinds and I grow TONS of plants... Ask Ally she has seen my roof haha!
Posted Image
And there is my overly flower roof hehe.

But those are some cool ideas but haha very advanced technology for the game setting =P

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
:new_rofl: heheh I like the images of the tanks and stuff dang I got a Good laugh out seeing them!

there use to be a mail system of sorts in UO back in the first years of game play. have no idea why they took it out:huh: was called the friends list you invited people to be your friend and when you logged in it would tell them you were online. you could also send messages with it. a little bag was at the top of your paper doll that would show you had messages. again have no idea why they took it out.

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Oh so they did at one time eh? I thought MAYBE they did but I couldn't remember sense my dad last played. Well they need to put it back in! hehe it is much easier to get ahold of people that way and haha yeah they tanks =P

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

there use to be a mail system of sorts in UO back in the first years of game play. have no idea why they took it out:huh: was called the friends list you invited people to be your friend and when you logged in it would tell them you were online. you could also send messages with it. a little bag was at the top of your paper doll that would show you had messages. again have no idea why they took it out.

omg! I had totally forgotten about that! Yeah, that would be cool to see again.

One thing I love about the new guild system is being able to see who is on and chat with them like in a party.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Sled pulled by Mongbats :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Sled pulled by Mongbats

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dip's and my sled against any polar bear any day :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

omg! I had totally forgotten about that! Yeah, that would be cool to see again.

One thing I love about the new guild system is being able to see who is on and chat with them like in a party.

the problem with the guild system is that it dose not show alliance members just the ones in your guild so its limited.

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Something that would carry a few people would be nice. A wagon or whatever. Then of course we would have to get oxen to drag it around tho.... maybe we could use bulls? :P

I think of a few charcaters Id like harnessed to mine :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Chariots - Sleds and Elephants!.. OH MY!

Sorry CatHat, I just can't resist!

Posted Image

CatHat UO Character/Environments Artist

I see its got special characteristics for Rideable polar bears - lol

Nice

Can i have one that has properties against bean counters and suits.

:) :) :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I guess I better not mess with any rpers on Europa. They are all mini gunned out. Are you sure thats Core authorized?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Something doesn't look right about that mini-gun...

The shade of green doesn't match the outfit.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
So what are"Pk" fasion experts now? :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chariotsthe, finally, lost, players