Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Moongates are not safe!

- - - - - moongates safe

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I checked the Trammel moongates, the only ones left safe in Atlantic is Haven and Yew (so far). Going to Minoc is suicide.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
This is good news.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I think the 'scenario' has really just gotten silly. A mass of monsters does make a scenario. The Solen invasion was a great scenario. It had it all: a large spawn (but not ridiculous), a good story, it introduced new dungeons, and quests.

This invasion is as boring as the Brit invasion. Just a giant monster spawn. I'm a PvM'er and I'm bored with it.

I'm going to go play Dungeon Siege 2 for a week or so...let me know when this silliness ends.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I can't say I'm too thrilled with this either. In fact, I haven't been back to it for days. We thought lessons were learned with the much-hated Brit invasion but apparently not.

Recurring spawns of super monsters day after day after day after day, with nothing unique added or changed on a regular basis, no interaction on the player level and no real focus make this a job, not recreation or game. The lack of direction is something that I was noticing with the "Inu plot" from the go and now it has been combined with the Brit invasion. Sorry, did that once, and got tired of it.

Throwing in artifacts (cursed or not) doesn't make it any better, either. In fact it only turns it into something to do for a single reason for most people: Farm some damn item.

This Brit invasion system does not work. I hate sounding like a U'aller and criticizing the staff but this whole thing has zero to make it interesting.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
hmm I have noticed a lot added. they keep changing tactics and new items are added all the time it seems. and their is a story running. so..............

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
"New items" are not what we're after, though. At least not I or the group of people I tend to play with. There's hardly any story to this at all, and it's fragmented, and once again being left to the forum threads to patch together.

Having 20 ophidian warriors attack in a wave..followed by a dozen knight-errants..followed by a unique ophidian shouting things that give clues to what they're after, surrounded by mages.... Expand on that idea and make one such planned, set up installment for each day. Spread other clues throughout the shard. Do _something_ other than the ophidian version of the Despise army dropped on a town.

I'd rather be reading a UO version of "choose your own adventure" than doing the 3-month-long-mega-spawn-in-a-city. And certainly don't sprinkle artifacts into it, please.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
So there's an answer to what needs to be done with the orders, if there's any reason for the rations, what the artifact scion is, what to do with the snake skin, what the 2 newest NPCs have to offer...

and that's just off the top of my head, if I went looking a little more I'm sure there are other things to do for this story other than bash ophidians.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
Scion? Snake skin? You lost me at the bank with those two...

There are new NPCs?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
See, there's always something new with the Inu Plot (atleast for me there is, I try to keep up, but there's too much).

I forget where I read it, I think it may have been from Lady Flame, she's real good about keeping most of what's known updated.

And the new stuff happening at the Terathan keep looks interesting too.

Have you checked out the little note on the ground east of the Skara Docks? It reads something like "Give over us the artificed scion"

http://www.britannia...phidiannote.jpg

There is now a second message there (atleast on LS) that reads something like "This is as far as you go" or I could be entirely off with this one, I ran by briefly yesterday, and it's early today (little to no coffee in me ATM).

If you dbl click the first note, it spawns an ophid, and there were a lot of people dbl clicking it when I ran by.

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

So there's an answer to what needs to be done with the orders, if there's any reason for the rations, what the artifact scion is, what to do with the snake skin, what the 2 newest NPCs have to offer...

DiP, are you saying these are still questions that need to be solved or that somebody has already figured these things out? If the answer is out there already, I've missed it! I didn't find anything on the wiki. So are we still looking for answers, or have I just been too busy killing nasty snakes to notice progress? :huh:

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Still looking for answers.

It was a statement of falsehood to show that there is something other than bashing snakes to do for the Inu plot.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Who is Inu?? Can she PvP?? *wonders if boots can be made out of snake skin*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

"New items" are not what we're after, though. At least not I or the group of people I tend to play with. There's hardly any story to this at all, and it's fragmented, and once again being left to the forum threads to patch together.

Having 20 ophidianophidian warriors attack in a wave..followed by a dozen knight-errants..followed by aophidianophidian shouting things that give clues to what they're after, surrounded by mages.... Expand on that idea and make one such planned, set up installment for each day. Spread other clues throughout the shard. Do _something_ other tophidianophidian version of the Despise army dropped on a town.

I'd rather be reading a UO version of "choose your own adventure" than doing the 3-month-long-mega-spawn-in-a-city. And certainly don't sprinkle artifacts into it, please.

You haven't been following the story. yes there is a "Big monster spawn" but there is also a story you just haven't bothered to look for it. There are clues spread around different NPCs to talk to in order to gain more information. The story is still progressing more information is coming out all the time.

The invasion changes from week to week its not just a big spawn dropped on a city. the way the invasion is taking place is changing all the time. It started with small scouting groups, then taking over a small portion of a town, followed by the whole town. Now it has spread to other areas. There is also a specific tactic needed to fight the spawn you can't just show up in town and start wacking on things and see results.

Its actually a complex scenario that is still unfolding.

oh and there are also new items:P

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moongates, safe