Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

BNN - Calm Before the Storm

- - - - - bnn calm storm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
From BNN at UO.com

Calm Before the Storm
Aug 11 2006 10:08PM

The most recent page from Naka Gerou’s journal...

As I write this, I can hear the celebrations of some in the crowd outside my window. For what seems like countless weeks now, we’ve been ruthlessly attacked by Ophidian war parties. Many have fallen prey to the heavy Ophidian blades. They inflict indiscriminate, merciless slaughter upon us, with no quarter being shown to neither man, woman nor child. Native Papuan or Britannian, who bravely came to help defend our town; both fell equally before the onslaught.

Yet, I cannot help but to wonder if this jubilation is premature. The Ophidians, with their seemingly unending ability to send wave after wave against our defenses and with their total disregard for honorable warfare, were obviously on the verge of total victory. With the battle practically being fought on top of those who had already fallen, with our supplies running perilously low, and with total exhaustion setting in for those of us left standing, it was clear that Papua was soon to be lost.

Yet, the Ophidians have left, leaving behind carnage unlike any I have witnessed in my not inconsiderable lifespan, but leaving nonetheless.

I cannot fathom why they would choose to do this, unless others have had more success against them elsewhere, though there is no indication that will prove to be the case. The few reports that have managed to get through have described scenes much like the desperate situation that was Papua only an hour ago.

Auspicious or inauspicious, this sudden retreat? We will soon find out. Unfortunately for the poor souls gathered outside, I fear the latter to be the case.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Perhaps they fled to Vesper where every warrior is out defending against the Ophids to aid in that battle. I've ventured through Papua, and ran into only a few others there fighting until they were overran. There were just too many of them there without enough support to fend off the snakes.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Bahhh.... Dip your a killer and dont need no support. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bnn, calm, storm