Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Blue Beetle Question

- - - - - beetle blue question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shayla LaVeaux

Shayla LaVeaux

never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Ok, so my tailor had a blue beetle. It was bonded, never had any problems with it. I logged on to her today and the blue beetle was attacking her! It went wild somehow. I don't know how this happened, as I know I logged off mounted on it. Now the things that were in its pack are gone. What happened to them? Did they drop and then decay? I don't get it... what would cause this to happen?
My characters on Sonoma: Shayla LaVeaux, Amber Shadowfox, Juicy Couture, Cupcake & Mistress Paige.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Even if a pet is bonded you still need to feed it regularly or it will eventually go wild, and beetles are naturally hostile. As for the items in it's pack, I'm not sure what happened there. I think packies drop the stuff they're carrying when they go wild. If you didn't see them on the ground, then it's possible that the beetle was still carrying them. If you logged out in a guard zone, then the beetle would have gotten guard whacked and all the stuff it was carrying would have disappeared with it's corpse.

Shayla LaVeaux

Shayla LaVeaux

never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
I was in my house and not in guard zone.... I fed it regularly lol I guess it just got fed up hauling around my stuff. It wasn't in it's pack anymore... so I guess I lost it all. It sucks :\
My characters on Sonoma: Shayla LaVeaux, Amber Shadowfox, Juicy Couture, Cupcake & Mistress Paige.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Are you sure about the feeding stuff? I don't think my worker has ever fed his beetles after bonding. And he's had them for years now.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
It's possible the loyalty decay while mounted is not fast enough, because creatures like a beetle, every time you say all follow me, it boosts their loyalty back up to 100. So in fact, with these things, if you issue a successful command, you never need to feed them.

If you lose conn when the server drops, or if the shard goes down unexpectedly and your char doesn't log out normally, and if you happened to be off your pet when the shard went down, the pet won't stay with you and will stay in the game and begin to decay. Otherwise, unless your char was flagged and the beetle happened to become loose before you timed out, the bag should have been visible while using object handles upon the log-in of that char, of course, if it went wild as you logged in, it would have told you "this creature appears to be better off without its master" etc etc.

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
If you are unmounted and you log off while the beetle has items in its pack then it will not automatically log out with you - meaning all the time you're gone it'll be losing loyalty :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beetle, blue, question