Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

A statue to honor the OLD MAN

- - - - - honor man statue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Guest_drayghon101_*

Guest_drayghon101_*
  • Guests
It has come to my attention that a long time player of ultima online passed away at the end of June and when I say a long time player I mean since BETA. This person played every day and in the end had well over 20 accounts to his name providing Ultima with more funds than even I could imagine (a man that payed out 400.00 canadian for game gold). On top of this the OLD MAN as he was known to his friends was a very generous person often helping out strangers to no benifit of his own. All in all the world of uo has suffered a tremendous loss. I am petitioning that a monument be placed in Haven to honor our friend and insperation. Please help me to make ultima aware of this and lets get that monument built. Thanx for your support.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
you don't mean Winfield do you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Winfield is fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

drayghon

drayghon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This person was known as mostly as Dayhawk but his friends called him the old man

drayghon

drayghon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This person was known as mostly as Dayhawk but his friends called him the old man

sorry about the scare

drayghon

drayghon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

sorry about the scare

other names he was known by are Ael, Nat, layshee and he played from original BETA i might add.

XCodes

XCodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Totally unneeded. There are actually all the tools needed in-game right now to make some awesome memorials to the great players of UO. Use statue maker tools on some of his characters and put them up in Luna houses, then you can buy appropriate flowers, sword displays, urns, statuettes, etc. to create a fitting memorial.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Yep XCodes, we did this for Folger of Siege Perilous. There is a plot of land donated by a player that was made into a park. It has some items made by the player, his old guildstone. Twas nicely done. I still stop by Siege and take a ride down there. While Iantown has basically disapeared over the last 2 years, the plot remains well maintained.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
I like memorials for our old friends in-game.

It just shows that no matter where we go, that the ones we lost will live on in story, spirit, and character.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining....but how do we make statues from characters long gone from the game?

My friend who got my family and myself into UO passed away over 7 years ago, and I really would like to be able to make a memorial of some kind to him.

It really hasn't been... the same without him.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If you don't have access to the account, you'd have to create a character old enough to use the statuemaker, be named as the person you wish to memorialize, dress them accordingly, then erect the statue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: honor, man, statue