Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ultima Online Store: 'Special Items'?

- - - - - items online pecial store ultima

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
For the past two weeks I've been trying to find out how I can purchase a Legacy token code and a 7th character slot and space combo that doesn't involve paying £21 to purchase a pre-paid credit card before even charging it with my hard earned in real life golds. After the horrid service from the EA online support leaving my questions unresolved I found a number for UK EA support. Gave them a ring and all they could give me was 'Special items given online to credit card users'... I've never heard such trash in my entire life. Everything on that site has a paybycash option but two of the major things you could buy to mod your account are 'special' items.
Furious, would be a the word, I'm spitting over this whole thing. I ask for an address to complain to in writing and they hang up.

Anyhow, are sites like Markeedragon safe to use? I've kept an eye on the two items I want but they haven't been up. Any ehlp would be greatly received ^^

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If you install the browser plug-in from PayPal and link it to your PayPal account, you can create a credit card number on the fly that will draw from your bank account. Also, the credit card number is only good for one charge, then it is expired - a pretty secure way to make online purchases.

Part of the reason why buying stuff through the code store is so tedious is that unscrupulous people and parties in years past would buy a bunch of codes, claim the items, sell them off for gold and what not, then reverse the massive charges on their cards(if they weren't fake to begin with as the redemption system in-game was faster than the credit card billing process).

I'm not saying one 3rd party is honest or cheaters over another, but doing business with 3rd parties just fuels that industry for better or worse.
  • AltPersona likes this

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Wow... Thank you ^^ I'll check that out.

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I can't find a download link on the paypal site. All I can find is afew videos and and links that take me to my account page ;_;

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Yeah there's no download from the paypal site and google isn't being my friend, just references to blogs about it. Can anyone upload a copy? I'm using firefox 3.

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Just to update on what has turned up. From what I can tell Paypal no longer support the plugin. In it's place they have replaced it with a pre-paid card which costs very little in comparison to others that are offering the same and doesn't have a monthly sub either.

Anyhow, it's a solution.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
you can still use the plugin. I use it whenever I order out actually, as well as amazon, etc. You log in to Paypal, hit the Profile link under your My Account tab, and then choose PayPal Plugin under the Financial Information column on the page that comes up. Your account has to be verified and have attached to it a bank account with money in it to use, of course. The option you're looking for is SecureCard, which creates a fictional MasterCard number complete with expiration date, security code, and everything else needed to make an online purchase via credit card.

You can either install it as a plugin and use it directly from your browser on any page, or just use it via the paypal website without a plugin being installed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I believe it's only for USA customers, as I don't get that option either under Financial Info.
All I get is

* Credit/Debit Cards
* Bank Accounts
* Currency Balances
* Gifts and Discounts
* Recurring Payments
* Monthly Account Statements
* Pay List
* Pre-approved Payments

Guest_bryanrisk_*

Guest_bryanrisk_*
  • Guests
Nice idea, Thanks for this.

Shayla LaVeaux

Shayla LaVeaux

never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Adam... I was able to find the plug in on Pay Pal by doing a search for it, a link popped up with it and I downloaded it. I hope that helps you too :)
My characters on Sonoma: Shayla LaVeaux, Amber Shadowfox, Juicy Couture, Cupcake & Mistress Paige.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: items, online, pecial, store, ultima