Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Archer PVP Templates

- - - - - archer pvp templates

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Guest_slush_*

Guest_slush_*
  • Guests
Just came back to the game looking to build a good PVP archer, and looking for advice.

coatesy

coatesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
120 ARCHERY
120 fencing
90 anatomy
100 tactics
90 heal
120 resisting spells
60 chiv

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
You can go with

120 archery
120 Tactics
120 anatomy
120 resist
100 healing
80 bushido
50 in chiv

AltPersona

AltPersona

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Archery - 120
Tactics - 120
Resist Spells - 120
Anatomy - 90
Healing - 90
Chivalry - 60

This is the basic template. This leaves you with 100 to play with to make your template unique and then you have jewels and such to mod it further. You 'could' go without resist spells but I doubt many would advise it.
Posted Image "Self-Righteousness is the only Sin!" Posted Image

Danimal

Danimal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
arch/tactics/mage/med/eval/resist??

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
Another option is a med/pot archer:

120 archery
120 resisting
120 tactics
110 anatomy
100 healing
80 med
70 chivalry

Remember, you want as much stamina as possible - something like 150 dex, 170 stamina would be idea. Also, a good selection of balanced bows will allow you to chug potions.

colesey09

colesey09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
120 Archery
120 Ninjitsu
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Hiding
90 Healing
80 Stealth
  • Alucard likes this

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Another option is a med/pot archer:
Remember, you want as much stamina as possible - something like 150 dex, 170 stamina would be idea. Also, a good selection of balanced bows will allow you to chug potions.

I feel this has many good points thank you lorcan..

I have use this Archer im sure though reading here it is still really good

120 anat
120 archer
110 heal
120 tactics
70 med
120 resist
60 chivarly

Reason for 110 heal im not sure when I used 120 and messed around with it seemed to help more and I did not die much. I also make sure with your mana reg that your med rounds out that to give you more mana reg. 120 resist I love it. I think that having some chivarly is good to do a few things since having good items and this kind of char you dont need much more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SDH1111

SDH1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I finally settled on a really fun template:

Fencing/Archery/Spellweaving/Chivalry/Resist

Seems crowded. Here is how you get there - fill in the blanks yourself

*I went with 90 Archery and the hunter's headdress. All I use it for is dismount and running shot with a heavy.

*Opted for lower HCI but native 4/6 by imbuing down the properties on a Djinn ring and getting it to be 2/3 casting. Combine with the Ornament and you no longer need any FC property on shield or weapon.

*Keeping resist enables you to have fun in PVM as well - Demon spawns especially become agonizing without it. It is also very satisfying to shrug off a paralyze or poison in pvp.

*Drop anatomy and healing. Keep tactics GM

*Go 105 chivalry for no fail holy lights

*Get an arcane circle going of some kind before you go out and pvp. If you are able to get a level 6, you are a wrecking machine with pixies. As soon as your opponent is dismounted, the slaughter begins.

You do less direct damage, but your ability to close a fight out and get a kill goes through the roof. If somebody is on foot, they are dead. Period. If a mage wants to dispell your pixies all day, fine. That's a battle of attrition you can win easily. If a dexxer wants to try and kill them, even better. There's no disarm war to wage. Better still, very few "leet" dexxer pvprs use resist now - so all those pixies throwing poisons becomes devastating quickly. About the only template that is harder to kill is a wraith form necromancer - but still doable. Holy light still destroys them, but if you notice: The "smart" players only have 65 chiv.

So essentially, it is a gimp template designed to take down gimp templates. The more old school and balanced an opponent you have, the longer the fight becomes. And again: Dismount, dismount, dismount. Until you get your target dismounted, you are not really even unloading on them. That is an absolute prerequisite that seemingly nobody really pays much attention to.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
drop resists, use petals, a box and pots (or keep it). However, it would be important in PvP to have 120 archery. helm, trinket, gloves = 35 hci. Also, chiv + archer = pain in the rear. The point of archery is to be able to shoot on the move and hit someone from distance. While you are casting chiv heal you are not shooting, you are not moving, you might as well just be a fencer.

Just a suggestion.

To truly understand something, change it.

SDH1111

SDH1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The reality is different than the theory in this case. Just try it.

Again, the only template I struggle against is necromages.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
The reality is, when you are casting a spell...you are not shooting. I play an archer/mage/tamer. I am not saying it doesnt work, it just doesnt work as well as an anat/heal archer.

As far as having problem with necro/mages...as 4/6 chiv you should have about 0 problems. Remove curse everything and the necro/mage's necro is useless...also know this because i play necro/mage, pure archer, ninja chiv dexer and tamer/mage. With chiv, special aids ;) and apples, necros should die faster then anything else due to lack of defense non reliant on a removable defense...blood oath

The biggest hole in this situation is that you are an archer, using slow weapons. You need at least 150-160 stamina on this template to rattle off enough shots. You have fencing for disarm, which is good...hit everytime. Now the point...160 stam and what...80-100 mana? Since you use mana to heal AND do damage, there is no way 80-100 mana is enough.

My 4/6 chiv ninja fencer uses med and has 135 mana, 115 stamina and about 105 str. I plan on dropping about 15 dex because i dont use healing and i use fast fencing weapons that i max the speed at 1 second swings. When I am healing, in a fight that is longated that i cant smoke bomb out of and reset the fight...I will run out of mana. This is based on a field fighting non one on one situation.

I dont mean to discredit the template but your template will not kill any of my characters. Even though I would probably have a hard time killing you on maybe 2 of mine, one of which is a necro/inscribe/mage. drop the 4/6 chiv...get about 2/anything...60-65 chiv, bushido/fencing, archery, tactics, anat, healing. the bushido side you wont die while you are running...no stopping = good...and the fencing route you can kill someone very very quickly. This is very mana effecient. One on one the 4/6 chiv is good. Anything other then that you are looking at stoping to cast which causes your enemy to catch you, dismount you, love you...i think you get it.

Sorry for the windedness and to each thier own.

SDH1111

SDH1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm getting fake kills then. Weird!

Theorycraft wtfpwns in game application!

Hell, I even get kills with just 110 Archery, no anatomy, pathetic DCI and under max HCI!

Hrm... I must be doing something wrong. A thought for those reading this: Maybe just try it.

And Necromages are difficult in wraith form. Wither gets rid of pixies, and direct damage spells leach a surprising amount of mana. Mounted or in regular form, they are just a mage.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
wraith form? Now your just joking. no serious pvper is in wraith form unless he is a stealth ninja necro. Honestly bro...yes fake kills must be the answer.

And the whole leeching mana thing. they dont actually take mana from you bud. It just gives it to the caster...that is how leech works...life, mana, doesnt actually take the mana or life from the person/mob...

This isnt theory craft...i have tried and played that style and it used to work...but no longer as viable as heal/anat

My necro mage would: blood oath you, you would remove curse...no wait you wouldnt cause you have problems with necro, curse, corpse, explode, flamestrike, painspike, fireball or whatever else it takes to down you. the whole time you are trying to chiv heal...you run out of mana first...i think that is where you were going with the whole "leeching mana" thing...unfortunately your template sucks and that is why you die...to more then just necro mages =/

SDH1111

SDH1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
You are taking this pretty personal!

In all honesty, there are some things you should know:

*Wraith form leeches mana. You fight wraith form pvprs at spawns - where it plays to their advantage.

And I like your necro combo - You have just killed me on the forums! Nice duel sir!

Seriously, for those reading this and actually not offended by discussing playstyles: Give it a try!

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I wanted to jump in here a little and say I have played since the start of time. I have to say I have had chars with necro and archery and such, but that is not a very good type of toon for pvp. It is good for alot of stuff but things to look at:

1. you are on foot most time that is death, unless you have ninja or precasted some kind of escape.

2. when your in wraith form is is good for mana leeching and walking through stuff, but again it is slow and your on your feet and unless you again have ninja or something your dead.

3. with my archer and having apples and 120 resist blood oath is only a few sec and when im doing over 2 hit or 3 hit combo then it really dont matter since you die before that even works since your so low on life to start with.

4. it is very much true about the 150+ stamina and I feel you should make sure you know that.

5. the way you live as a archer is a few things, having ninja, using balanced bows, having healing, a really nice comp bow and crossbow, I think other friends to make sure when your dying from being ganked you have others to help you fight also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

You are taking this pretty personal!

And I like your necro combo - You have just killed me on the forums! Nice duel sir!
try!

I am not offended. Simply, I know that what you are trying doesn't work. I gave you alternatives (better at that). Basically I hope I see you on the UO battle ground. Free points/money.

Alucard

Alucard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

*I went with 90 Archery and the hunter's headdress. All I use it for is dismount and running shot with a heavy.

*Opted for lower HCI but native 4/6 by imbuing down the properties on a Djinn ring and getting it to be 2/3 casting. Combine with the Ornament and you no longer need any FC property on shield or weapon.

*Keeping resist enables you to have fun in PVM as well - Demon spawns especially become agonizing without it. It is also very satisfying to shrug off a paralyze or poison in pvp.

*Get an arcane circle going of some kind before you go out and pvp. If you are able to get a level 6, you are a wrecking machine with pixies. As soon as your opponent is dismounted, the slaughter begins.

You do less direct damage, but your ability to close a fight out and get a kill goes through the roof. If somebody is on foot, they are dead. Period. If a mage wants to dispell your pixies all day, fine. That's a battle of attrition you can win easily. If a dexxer wants to try and kill them, even better. There's no disarm war to wage. Better still, very few "leet" dexxer pvprs use resist now - so all those pixies throwing poisons becomes devastating quickly. About the only template that is harder to kill is a wraith form necromancer - but still doable. Holy light still destroys them, but if you notice: The "smart" players only have 65 chiv.

So essentially, it is a gimp template designed to take down gimp templates. The more old school and balanced an opponent you have, the longer the fight becomes. And again: Dismount, dismount, dismount. Until you get your target dismounted, you are not really even unloading on them. That is an absolute prerequisite that seemingly nobody really pays much attention to.

Sorry to say....that looks like about the worst template from a combat effectiveness standpoint I've ever seen posted. I've been playing since 97. You might wonder why you came up with it yourself? LOL , because it makes zero sense as a template. 

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

That is possibly the worst template I have ever seen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, pvp, templates