Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire

sampire

165 replies to this topic

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
They are very much useful still. Nothing ever got nerfed as far as I can tell. I dropped a bit more than 50 mill into mine and I love it. I solo most things including champ spawns, and can sit in with 2 unbound energy vortexes without any real trouble. The suit and the weapons have to right though. That will make or break you. After that is play style and tactics. I highly recommend you build one. Give it some time to work for you. I had to practice a bit before I didn't get ripped apart as well.

sibble

sibble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Anyone use an axe and lumberjacking with sampire template?

Belshazzar

Belshazzar

UOForums Content Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Most people try to maximize their swing speed and tend to lean towards armor ignore - so if you have a really really good axe i could see someone using it but adding lumberjacking for the extra bonus would not be to smart since you do that via anatomy and tactics. the sampire template is very very tight to begin with trying to add in 100 points of a skill just to add a little more damage is really not worth it to be completely honest. I will say i took my sampire out last night to test him on dragons and all i had was a dragon slayer hatchet - he was 3 swings dragons, 2 swings drakes, 1 swing wyverns, and as long as i didnt miss a beat i could go toe to toe with a gdragon and kill them easily. Mine though isnt maxed yet for dex ( only has 68 dex ) so he isnt a full sampire yet. but hes getting there!

SadMaz

SadMaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
No need to start a new thread while this Sampire encyclopedia exists :)...

My question is there a way to train a Sampire without funds from another character (i see some people saying that they did their 2nd or 3rd on different shard without a basis from others),and the most important question with what gear people train before they even start setting up the cheap suit to start making monies.

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
LRC and LMC is pretty critical to get the necro up. After that its about getting a suit thats good enough to let you farm the ingredients that you need to start making a suit.

sibble

sibble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Golem is pretty necessary

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

sh1nji

sh1nji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i new at uo, but i want make a sampire solo what is better template? thank for help

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Better than what?

thebiz34

thebiz34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Can you just use a fully imbued set of armor to make the whole suit instead of most of the artifacts? Trying to figure out how to get all the right armor

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
you could def build a suit out of just imbued stuffs. if its all medable you could even drop anatomy for meditation as well. friend of mine did that with his sampire a while back and is loving it. its just hard to get that extra hit chance increase in there without using woodland pieces. gladiators collar has 10% hci on it and is mage armor but requires you to have to get a piece.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
If you need mana regen something is wrong with your weapon. LMC and mana leach should suffice for mana. If it doesnt rethink you gear/build.

thebiz34

thebiz34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
The only artifacts I have are the rbc and fey leggings. I don't have much money in game to buy good stuff. I do have a woodland armor set. Figured since I do a have gm crafter I make my own stuff. What is it that I should make and imbue. Thanks for the help. I'm so used to using my tamer. Figured I try this out.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
RBC and fey legs are great starter suit. Also you can imbue the woodland stuff but to do it right will be really expensive.
If you have the folded steels thats great but if you cant afford them the ancient samuria helm will do. So lets do it on the budget build.

Ancient samuria helm, fey legs, RBC. Get a mana phasing orb with 5 HCI DI and LMC if possible.
So far this puts you at 35 DCI 5 HCI and 20LMC and 15% Damage inc. Your weapon will have 40 damage inc on it so that will put you at 55 so you will need 45 between your 2 jewels.
So 30HCI 10 DCI 45 DCI and STR/DEX on jewels is what I would do.

Now you have 3 pieces of armor to gain 10 HCI so you will need to enhance 2 pieces of woodland before imbuing to get 10 HCI (this will eat up an imbuing slot remember we are doing the budget build) and you need to get 20 lmc and stat incs on your armor. Plan this around your resist remember its a budget build but can be a great starter. Would allow you to farm ingreeds to make a top notch suit.

Also weapons would be slayer, mana leech, ssi, di, and i would do stam leech.
For your whirlwind weapon I would replace stamina with hit area effect.

Stealth

Stealth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, I have just recently came back and play on the Pacific Shard. I have gotten bit by the Sampire and want to try it out. Currently for gear, I have Rune Beetle Chest, Fey Leggings, Ageis of Grace, Soul Seeker, and Stormgrip. I am also using a Tangle for my half apron, Quiver of infinity, and a Talisman that gives 10% LMC.

With no other armor on but this, counting jewels, I have -1 Fire resist :( Is it possible to get my resists up with the other missing pieces of armor? Thinking about getting the fire resist boots 2% and Melissa's Cloak with 5%.

Any help would be appreciated, should I get rid of some of my artificats and replace with something else to help with fire resist?

toeleo

toeleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey Stealth welcome back. I too have returned recently and created a Sampire. Mine only has one arty, the Gladiator's collar, simply so I could max my hit chance increase that I had been lacking. The rest of my gear is imbued to give me max resists with extra in fire, as your fire resist is lowered when in Vampire Form. My gear is imbued with HP / Stam / Mana increase mostly, with some regen thrown in for mana. The reason I run mana regen on armor is because when on a boss that has a low mana pool the mana leech is no longer really effective after they run out of mana, great example is Baracoon. Mind you, I am no pro I am a returning player have been back about a month, just saw no one had replied to you yet so thought id throw in what help i could, see you in game.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Mana leach from weapons isnt affected by a bosses mana pool. Only mana from wraith form is.

toeleo

toeleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hmm, I had read it somewhere, maybe thats what it was. However as a fight progresses I notice that I begin to run low on mana and do not leech as much, if any it seems like.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Maybe your dealing less damage. Maybe your spamming specs consecutivly and draining yourself. If you find mana hard to keep with an AI spam alternate with a LS

drakhgard

drakhgard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've got a question as I am a new player and want some details on the Sampire. So recently, I've managed to grab a 100% LRC Suit with some nice Resistances (about ~60 in everything). I've also managed to grab an Axe with like 18-19 base weapon damage, 66% Lifeleech, 12% increased hit chance which works really good for me. Currently I'm at ~70 Swordmanship, ~70 Bushido, ~67 Parrying, ~68 Tactics, ~56 Necro, ~61 Spirit Speak, ~55 Chiv; I'm doing well against all those pesky Ettins in Despise - great place to gather some gold and train skills. My current tactics is to transfrom either into wraith form and use Divine Fury and sometimes Enemy Of One, or sometimes I take the Horrific Beast form and just train my Bushido/Swords/Parry/Tactics. I'm just wondering if I'm doing allright so far? I'll soon push my Necromancy to a higher level with just spamming Horrific Beast. For now I have like 60 Mana but of course I'll reduce my Int once I hit the Stats Cap. I'm also wondering if i could get any better stuff with 50k Gold (which I've collected so far). I'd really like having some more Life Leech + Mana & Stam Leech. My weapon really is okay so far and I can use Whirlwind Attack, but I just need to know how much it will cost to take a step further. Btw: I'm playing on "Europa".

toeleo

toeleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Dragkiris, all I use is LS when fighting Baracoon, which is where ive been practicing.

Reply to this topic