Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire

sampire

165 replies to this topic

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
This is where the words damage increase kinda get us in trouble. The DI on your items/abilities/honor/slayer is separate from the damage your skills put out. Skills and STR increase your base damage, not applicable to the 300 cap. This means that an appropriate Slayer, full Honor/Perfection, and 100% DI from items and weapon will get you to the 300% Damage Increase cap. An enemy's resist doesn't really to this 300 cap, I think that factors in after.

Lesser and Super Slayers are supposed to give different amounts of DI, but I don't know the difference between them. I've also read reports of Slayers on weapons and talismans stacking in weird ways, but that might be outdated now, I'm unsure and haven't tested it myself.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Nice, that is exactly what I was looking for.

So tactics, anatomy and STR bonuses raise your base damage while items, honor and slayers raise your actual stacking damage increase..

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Nice, that is exactly what I was looking for.

So tactics, anatomy and STR bonuses raise your base damage while items, honor and slayers raise your actual stacking damage increase..

so that would mean that I have approx. 95% on my suit and weapons and 100% possible from honor. For 190% combined before slayers.

The way the lesser and super slayers work is the super slayers do 2X damage and the lessers do 3X.

But how do you know exactly how much damage that is in terms of reaching the 300% cap?

Yoda

Yoda

Jedi Master and defender of Ocllo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Is there any reason not to chose elf over human? When I started my character I had no idea what a Sampire was or the benefit of the 20 extra stat points I wouldn't have to dump into int. I can't mark runes even with joat and mark scrolls.

I'm thinking of doing the human ---> elf quest and am just wanting to make sure I know the downsides to making this change.

JOAT spellweaving is pretty helpful.

NoBuddy

NoBuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
My sampy suit is done. I ended up using faction fey, faction crimmy, non-faction M&S glasses, faction primer, QoI, Spell focus sash, then crafted/imbued gorget, arms, gloves, tunic (I know, no RBC, but it was better suit/stats building without it), turq ring (hci 15, lmc 8, di 20, dex 8, ssi 5), brace (hci/dci 15, di 22, dex 8, mana 6, i think) and shroud of condemned. Ended up all 70's (after VE), 40 lmc, 40 hci, 45dci, 62% DI (before weapon), max hpi, max stam/mana inc on each crafted leather piece. Still need to toggle stats to appropriate levels.

Temp is:

120 Bush
120 Swords
120 Parry
100 Necro
100 Tactics
60 Chiv

Gonna try some different things with last 100. Between Resist, Anat, Healing, and/or SS (considered 80 SS and bumping Chiv to 80...*shrugs*), see what works best for which fights.

For weapons, I'm having Double Axes made in all the major slayer flavors, and one non-slayer with either a hit fireball or hit area, not sure which yet. Looking at having a similar set of broadswords (hit harder than kats, and i'll have the stam and swing speed to get max with broad) made for 1h chugging options.

Likely getting a Parox dragon so I don't have to keep rebarding regular swampy.

Any suggestions on what can be improved?

"JOAT spellweaving is pretty helpful." - Yoda

Agreed. Don't forget your free ~21 health mystic stone either.

edwin

edwin

Edwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrevard county east coast florida
Hi all! well im giving the sampire template a shot. thing is my account is only 24 months. so im not sure what my exact stat cap is. but i do know that i can atleast gm in the following...

this is the template im gonna run with.

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 bushido
100 resist spells
99 necromancy
100 chiv

i dont however have a really good suit and jewels yet but im working on it.
right now im using a soul seeker, rune beetle carapace, aincent sam helm, shield of invul, and just some spined leather armor for the rest.

dunno if i should do spirit speak to help get necro up. and summon familliar. need 30 ss for that. any comments would be helpful thanks! =)

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
edwin: I would really suggest trying to pump your Melee skill up as high as you can, the increased chance to hit and defend helps more than any other skill on your template. 120 Swords scrolls can be pretty expensive, and for this reason many choose to go with Macing or Fencing until they can afford it, but if you want to stick with Swords the difference between 115 and 120 is not too painful until you start trying to solo some really nasty stuff.

As for raising Necromancy, I would try to get a 100% LRC suit with as much Mana Regen and Lower Mana Cost as possible and just constantly use the skill if you are wanting to train it as fast as possible. If you do it this way you don't have to raise SS if you don't want to, for most of the gains you can use one of the Necro forms. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get this suit, as LRC is pretty easy to find on armor and jewelry, and you already have a good chest piece to use for it, the Rune Beetle Carapace.

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

My sampy suit is done. I ended up using faction fey, faction crimmy, non-faction M&S glasses, faction primer, QoI, Spell focus sash, then crafted/imbued gorget, arms, gloves, tunic (I know, no RBC, but it was better suit/stats building without it), turq ring (hci 15, lmc 8, di 20, dex 8, ssi 5), brace (hci/dci 15, di 22, dex 8, mana 6, i think) and shroud of condemned. Ended up all 70's (after VE), 40 lmc, 40 hci, 45dci, 62% DI (before weapon), max hpi, max stam/mana inc on each crafted leather piece. Still need to toggle stats to appropriate levels.

Temp is:

120 Bush
120 Swords
120 Parry
100 Necro
100 Tactics
60 Chiv

Gonna try some different things with last 100. Between Resist, Anat, Healing, and/or SS (considered 80 SS and bumping Chiv to 80...*shrugs*), see what works best for which fights.

For weapons, I'm having Double Axes made in all the major slayer flavors, and one non-slayer with either a hit fireball or hit area, not sure which yet. Looking at having a similar set of broadswords (hit harder than kats, and i'll have the stam and swing speed to get max with broad) made for 1h chugging options.

Likely getting a Parox dragon so I don't have to keep rebarding regular swampy.

Any suggestions on what can be improved?

"JOAT spellweaving is pretty helpful." - Yoda

Agreed. Don't forget your free ~21 health mystic stone either.

What you mean by that 21 health mystic stone.

What spelss can i use with 20 SW that is worth better than 20 mana on elf:

NoBuddy

NoBuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

What you mean by that 21 health mystic stone.

What spelss can i use with 20 SW that is worth better than 20 mana on elf:

With JOAT, you have base 20 Mystic/Focus. You can cast 'Healing Stone', and it is a 21 health restore in your pack waiting to happen.

I'm not sure they're better than the 20 mana, that's personal preference, but what you can cast with the JOAT SW is Arcane Circle (makes SW spells stronger), Gift of Renewal (Heal over time), and Attunement (absorb phys dmg).

Spankwich

Spankwich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Reading all of this makes my head spin. I am making a Sampire right now and I am hoping someone could give me some feedback after all of this. If you could, just tell me what my weakness is, and what gear I should be using and if my stats are not proportioned correctly.

Elf Race
Base Stats:
105 Str
125 Dex
25 Int

120 Bushido
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
100 Necromancy

My account is relatively new so my cap I believe is 710 points.

For equipment, I have no idea. I am currently wearing a 100% LRC all 70 resist suit to build skills and kill some monsters but when it comes to soloing anything I am totally lost. Can someone tell me where my skills,stats,race,etc... are off and what should be my tactic to solo a difficult mob? Cast this, use this weapon, spam this skill, etc...

I am sorry to be so lame as to be asking these items but I am a returning player and I am struggling with what spells and skills are useful and other things. Any feedback is appreciated. This thread has been very informative but also very confusing. I didnt even know what JOAT was until I read this!

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
No chivalry means no enemy of one, which means less damage against non-slayer monsters.

But you can make it work, just make sure that all of your weapons have armor ignore as a special (again, no chivalry means no consecrate weapon) and you focus on lower mana costs on your armor and have maximum mana leech on your weapon. So use a broad sword (for example) or katana and spam away on armor ignores.

Collecting all the right slayer weapons takes time and effort too, so I would start with chivalry to get you going (take 20 points from anatomy, healing and tactics to get 60 chivalry... enough for consecrate weapon and about 40% on enemy of one... you don't have to cast it 100% of the time)
Posted Image

Spankwich

Spankwich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks Farsight. Would this be viable? Are my Stats ok or do they need tweaked? Any issue with being Elf over Human? (Also, should I be using Mana Regen, Health Regen or Stamina Regen armor?)

Elf Race
Base Stats:
105 Str
125 Dex
25 Int

120 Bushido
120 Swords
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Necromancy
60 Chivalry

710 Cap for my account.

No chivalry means no enemy of one, which means less damage against non-slayer monsters.

But you can make it work, just make sure that all of your weapons have armor ignore as a special (again, no chivalry means no consecrate weapon) and you focus on lower mana costs on your armor and have maximum mana leech on your weapon. So use a broad sword (for example) or katana and spam away on armor ignores.

Collecting all the right slayer weapons takes time and effort too, so I would start with chivalry to get you going (take 20 points from anatomy, healing and tactics to get 60 chivalry... enough for consecrate weapon and about 40% on enemy of one... you don't have to cast it 100% of the time)

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Hi Spankwich,

With chivalry, you should be able to heal enough between fights to eliminate the need for the healing skill. The purpose of the sampire template is to heal from attacking, to free up those skill points to other effective skills. But it's all a matter of preference, and healing admittedly can be handy. I often swap around Anatomy, Resisting Spells, and Parrying. Your chance of blocking an attack without a shield using either a 1 or 2 handed weapon could jump 25% or more by simply replacing healing with parry (but it would be best to go even higher with parry).

Check UO Stratics - Parrying

Cissero

Cissero

"Love is sweet tyranny!"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I noticed these posts are over 2 years old...what kind of gear are people using now? I've heard a lot about using heartwood pieces.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
The equipment is still pretty much universal. I use heartwood armor on my sampire. And I also use items such as turq ring, rangers cloak and tinker legs to get SSI on my suit so that I can save room for other mods on my weapon.

Cissero

Cissero

"Love is sweet tyranny!"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can you make the heartwood pieces? I'm currently using:

Mace and shield glasses
Jackals collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Crimson Cincture
Stormgrip
Conjurer's Trinket
Conjurer's Garb (also have Quiver of Infinity)
Soul Seeker

I'm looking for Fey Leggings or other Heartwood pieces. I need legs, and arms for sure, possibly a better gorget. I full suit with 95 Fire Resist and 70 in all others, as well as capped HCI, DCI, DI would be the best.

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
what is Mace and shield glasses? IS that a helm or a mace wep?

I wanna do swords and im currently following the template on the front page. I wanna solo stuff.

Kahn

Kahn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

what is Mace and shield glasses? IS that a helm or a mace wep?

I wanna do swords and im currently following the template on the front page. I wanna solo stuff.

Mace and Shield Reading Glasses - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

The reason they are popular is the Hit Lower Defense 30% on a helm piece.

shinners

shinners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
I just started working on a sampire. My skills consist of..

fencing
tactics
parry
chiv
bushido
necro
Magic resist

If i added something i shouldnt of or anything please any advice would be helpful thxs

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Is sampire still useful? Op Post is kinda old. Don't want to drop 50mill into a suit for nothing.
I tried one on test and died pretty fast to a poison ele in shame. lol.

Reply to this topic