Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire

sampire

165 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

And no, you dont need lrc.

What's the typical alternative - carrying regs? Or arcane clothing? Thanks!

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Well as a sampire the only spell you cast is vamp form. I generally just carry some scrolls and if I put SS on for whatever reason to use curse weapon I just grab some pig iron (CW only uses pig iron)
  • kitiara likes this

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
I go with the farsight template so no resist or parry...many have said that those are not even too good for sampire. I will try this and change if it doesn't work.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
If you have the soul stones, it could be a good idea to train it all up, resist, parry, anatomy, spirit speak, healing ... whatever (fishing if you want!)

Different skills are valuable in different situations. If you do a Neira the Necromancer spawn alone, you'll be very glad to have both resist (against curses) and parry (for evasion).

Since I never fight alone, I chose the template that works best for me and my team mates, hence healing. Other skills are much better for the solo sampire than healing, which is really only good for curing lethal poisons, since you out-leech most other damage anyway.
Posted Image

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
heh yea I have the stones and already got 100 resist on stone...parry is easy to get up.

so any ideas about the armor ? Am I on the right track with my choices

didozzo

didozzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
One question on equip, i have a faction sampire, use when raid a champ etc etc i use fey leggings, carapace, stromgrip e and i don't know is better choise for head slot, mace and shield or totem?

retiredmj

retiredmj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

If you have the soul stones, it could be a good idea to train it all up, resist, parry, anatomy, spirit speak, healing ... whatever (fishing if you want!)

Different skills are valuable in different situations. If you do a Neira the Necromancer spawn alone, you'll be very glad to have both resist (against curses) and parry (for evasion).

Since I never fight alone, I chose the template that works best for me and my team mates, hence healing. Other skills are much better for the solo sampire than healing, which is really only good for curing lethal poisons, since you out-leech most other damage anyway.

So if you were building a solo template which would you chose: healing/parry/anat/or Spirit Speak? Played back in T2A with a seperate account and for all intense and purposes I'm a newbie so no Soulstones to play with. Thanks!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

So if you were building a solo template which would you chose: healing/parry/anat/or Spirit Speak? Played back in T2A with a seperate account and for all intense and purposes I'm a newbie so no Soulstones to play with. Thanks!

I think this is what I'm trying to understand as well. If your only real necro spell used is vamp form, do you need spirit speak? I've been using spirit speak for the emergency heal-ups, but if that's its only purpose in my template, I might prefer healing so that I can heal others as well.

Am I on the right track here?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
If I were making a template whose only purpose is soloing things, I would probably go with the very first template mentioned in this thread.

Then I would use the remaining points to add in anatomy for the extra damage.
Posted Image

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Personally I would go with resist. The dmg bonus from anat isnt worth what you loose from resist IMO.

retiredmj

retiredmj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

If I were making a template whose only purpose is soloing things, I would probably go with the very first template mentioned in this thread.

Then I would use the remaining points to add in anatomy for the extra damage.

I was going to go with magic resist, partially for the nostalgia factor and partially so I can visit fel from time to time with a little less worry.

So you would definitely go parry over anat in that case?

Thanks for the help

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
For visits to Fel, I'd take parry in a heartbeat.

Can't beat a good evasion!
Posted Image

mindkrall

mindkrall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
The last char you want to be on in fel is your sampire (with the exception of slaughtering champ spawns). They are *so* useless in pvp!

But as farsight said... parry will at least enable your only option - run away!

Secos

Secos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
So I'm going to try this build out and I'm very noob to UO. Should I take swordsmanship or macing? Or is it a toss up? Does either have a clear advantage?

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
Swords will give you more weapon options. Also, it will be easier with swords to reach your swing speed cap. Macing can be a very powerful sampire skill, but it can be more challenging to build a suit with max swing speed.

On my sampire, I trained all three melee skills--swords, macing, and fencing--up to 120. Tried out each. In the end, I decided to stick with fencing in order to use leafblades. The feint and AI specials are awesome. Plus, with 180 stamina, I don't need any swing speed increase (ssi) on the weapons, leaving a free mod for imbuing. Currently, my primary weapon looks like this:

Leafblade
60 hit mana leech
44 hit stamina leech
47 hit fireball
30 hit lower attack

I also have an arsenal of slayer leafblades with the slayer property instead of the hit spell.

If you have soulstones at your disposal, you could try both swords and macing. However, don't discount fencing. ;)

Secos

Secos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks for the reponse. When I said I was new, I meant like 1st character new. I have nothing. So I think I will go with swords to start just due to the weapon options.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I'd actually go for macing, and here's why:

You can expect to pay 5-8 million for a legendary swordsmanship power scroll (120 skill).

You can expect to pay 2-5 million for a legendary fencing power scroll.

For the mace fighting scroll, you can pay between 200 and 500 thousand gold.

(Prices are current as of this moment, and varies from shard to shard. All prices are Luna prices.)

200k gold is a couple of hours of training time. 2-7 million is something you need to save up for.
Posted Image

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
Another options is to start with 115 swords/macing/fencing. He won't be soloing dread horn with it, but this would give him a chance to train and earn some more cash before purchasing the legendary scroll.

Secos

Secos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
So without purchasing a scroll what is the max you can take your weapon skill up to? 100 or 115?

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
Without a scroll, the max is 100. At 100 skill, you will probably find it difficult to hit anything high-end.

Reply to this topic