Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire

sampire

165 replies to this topic

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I can't remember which publish, but the ability to hold a form while not having the skill level to maintain the form has been removed (about two years ago now).

So when you go under 99 necromancy, the vampire form goes away about a second afterward.

But with 0 necromancy and the human jack of all trades, you can still stay in wraith form!
Posted Image

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

Would it be possible to use a scroll or after you cast mana vampire to put necro back on a stone then add another skill? is it really necessary for the skill to be 99-100 and if so why? Thanks

IIRC they pretty recently (ie in the last year) changed the behavior that as soon as Necro drops below minimum skill level, you revert to your normal (ie human/elf/gargoyle) form...

They did that b/c people did the same with +X Necro jewelry, and then put on different jewelry...

EDIT: Dang! FS beat me to it! (took too long editing this...)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Venomusmc

Venomusmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
Im putting together a sampire on Cats now. How come no one uses healing at all? Also I'm having trouble "gearing" myself out... can't find mace/shield glasses on the shard and have no idea how much they'd cost anyways. I've got a RBC, Fey leggings, storm grip, some good weps... just trying to get nice arms/neck/jewerly....

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
*raises hand*

I use healing on my Catskills Sampire.

But he's a team-work fighter, I never hunt alone on Catskills. The thing about healing is that it takes several seconds to heal, and by that time, I usually healed the damage through hits anyway... making healing only good for cures. And even poison damage is easily healed through dealing damage.

So it's much better to use spirit speak rather than healing. Then at least you can use curse weapon for a massive 70% heal per hit.
Posted Image

Mordus

Mordus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The mace shield glasses are from the Brit Library turn in forget who to turn it in to takes about 12 mil to get them or can turn in bucklers also about 89k to get enough points to redeem. Think you can find it on uoguide.com

mindkrall

mindkrall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread, Farsight your advice helped me out a ton.

Thanks also to Jack of Yew on Europa for the 120 bushido and 120 parry powerscrolls:)

I have been back in the game for only a couple of months (left in 2004) and have just finished my Sampire.

120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anat
100 necro
60 chiv

I cannot believe how effective this template is!! :cool

The end result puts my old main char fencer paladin to shame.... ^^

Now I can really make some money and focus on more overpowered equipment :D

"You want to make one of these characters!"

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

71 chiv

Might be a stupid question but why 71 chiv, why not 70?

Venomusmc

Venomusmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
I think the 71 Chiv is because Necro is 99 so you have 1 extra point and thats really the only place to put that point.

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I think the 71 Chiv is because Necro is 99 so you have 1 extra point and thats really the only place to put that point.

heh yea.. but why not take necro up to gm ?

mindkrall

mindkrall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Because technically you only need 99 to stay in Vamp form (which gives you the life leech that a sampire is based upon).

Any less than 99 and it will only last a second or two (so im told).

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Ok thank for your patience with me. Well I train it up to gm :) 99 looks bad!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
This thread has been infinitely helpful! Thanks, everybody! I've got most of my suit assembled - have to finish training imbuing to perfect a few pieces (I'm at 85...). Next task is to focus on my weapons.

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Ok I have learned a lot but so much is still new so I hope that you can help a little more.

My sampire is a swordsman and I would like you to aid me with weapons (yes I have read the previous posts but everything is still not clear).

Could someone list for example 3 weapons that I need and with what imbued mods so I can order them from imbuer.

Thank you!

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Weapons:
1. Daisho - the Feint mod is probably the best you can use for high end fights (Rikktor, for example).
2. Radiant Scimitar - when you're surrounded, the whirlwind attack clears the field easily.
3. A heavy hitter - if you have SSI and high stamina, use an ornate axe, otherwise, a rune blade is better.

Mods - Mana leech, stamina leech, swing speed increase, damage increase and a variable, depending on the situation mod such as slayer or hit lower attack.

Mana leech helps you keep on with the special moves. Stamina leech keeps you swinging fast, swing speed increase keeps you swinging fast, damage increase from items is calculated apart from other sources, so high DI is important. Without those four mods, you're in trouble.

The last mod should be a slayer if you're fighting something that requires one (i.e. repond slayer for Baracoon, Undead slayer for Neira the Necromancer), and hit lower attack if your target doesn't have a slayer vulnerability (i.e. Dread Horn). Fighting dread horn with a daisho with HLA makes it absurdly easy, and even possible for a non necro-casting samurai.
Posted Image

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Thank you!

This will help. Just hit 120 bushido and now to work my swords up :)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I did forget a possibility.

In fights such as down in the cavern of the discarded, you'll really like a hit-area effect. Since hit-area goes off on every hit, and whirlwind hits up to 9 targets at once (usually 8 or less), you will get an average of 4-5 hit-area "hits" if you have hit area of 50%. This damage doesn't leech anything back to you, but it clears the field absurdly quickly. Sometimes, the hit area does more damage than even a slayer.

For a cavern of the discarded weapon, you might be able to remove stamina leech or swing speed increase on a radiant scimitar to include both repond slayer and hit area.
Posted Image

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Personally I like macing for a sampire. Carry nanchuka for fient, war hammer for whirlwhind and stuff that has a low resist, and a hammer pick for AI against monsters that have high resist across the board. I like having a boss killer war hammer and a spawn war hammer (spawn one has hit area that hurts that spawn the most, boss killer has HLA on it.

You also want to have some super slayer weapons just in case you cant get the honor off.

And mace fighting weapons SAP stamina from mobs. Some people say its not worth it, but I've had swords fencing and macing on my sampire and I like macing the most by far.

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Finally got my skills ad stats trained. Any comments for them? Need more int or other fixing?

Bushido 120
Swordsmanship 120
Anatomy 100
Necromancy 100
Tactics 100
Healing 95
Chivalry 80

Str 114
Dex 111
Int 30

I also trained 120 imbuing so now I will start to craft my armor. I have the following arties for base:

Rune beetle Carapace
Fey leggings (human)
Crimson Cincture
Mace and shield reading glasses
A primer on arms
Jackals collar
conjurers garb
Storm grip
snake skin boots

now the resists are still sucky and I only have open these slots: ring,bracelet, arms

money is not a problem so I might buy some arties more. And suggestions to replace something with another are welcome.
Also one thing.. this is stupid question but I will ask it anyway.. do sampires have lrc100? or do they carry regs / scrolls to cast vamp form

cheers

Caleb

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
I would drop anatomy for resist and healing for parry, just my thought though.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
And no, you dont need lrc.

Reply to this topic